The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you accompany that with a demand for stricter immigration laws and a culture of racism I suggest you stop pointing to Japan as an example to emulate.

Why, the two points are completely unrelated..

Lanza, Loughner, Holmes, these were all whiter than white bread white boys who went around shooting people.

They were also insane men who sympathetic liberals wanted to keep on the street.

link?

Does this mean you concede the point and want to change topics to the British Empire now? Or were you just hoping to use some misdirection to avoid what I actually posted?

The culture is insular, the fact that they are forced to deal with a world that isn't does not mean anything unless the culture changes.

Remember this?

Ok, how? All the multinational corporations? The thousands and thousands of Japanese managers and engineers working and living abroad? The English-language newspapers and magazines for sale at every major train station? The street maps, road signs, and just about all other public information provided in English? The many, many thousands of people from other countries who live and work in Japan? The popular sports stars and celebrities who are not Japanese? The teaching of English to children from a very early age in all school systems? The TV shows teaching even younger children English? The popularity in the country with people who are half-Japanese? The goods you can purchase from all over the world? The great popularity of movies, dramas, TV shows, and musical acts from other countries? The French, Italian, German, American, Mexican, Chinese, Korean, and other restaurants to be found in great numbers in any moderately large city? What?

Care to address that/answer the question?

I did.

The U.S. is 5 times the size of the UK, so it's not that great.

Actually, we've had four or five mass shooting incidents THIS YEAR.

The Brits have one every 14 years.

They had one 2 years ago, so who do you think you're kidding?

I have pointed that out more than once, he conveniently forgets by the next time he wants to argue about how guns kill people and that gun control saves lives.

The culture is insular, the fact that they are forced to deal with a world that isn't does not mean anything unless the culture changes.

Remember this?

Ok, how? All the multinational corporations? The thousands and thousands of Japanese managers and engineers working and living abroad? The English-language newspapers and magazines for sale at every major train station? The street maps, road signs, and just about all other public information provided in English? The many, many thousands of people from other countries who live and work in Japan? The popular sports stars and celebrities who are not Japanese? The teaching of English to children from a very early age in all school systems? The TV shows teaching even younger children English? The popularity in the country with people who are half-Japanese? The goods you can purchase from all over the world? The great popularity of movies, dramas, TV shows, and musical acts from other countries? The French, Italian, German, American, Mexican, Chinese, Korean, and other restaurants to be found in great numbers in any moderately large city? What?

Care to address that/answer the question?

I did.

You did not. You tried and failed to draw a completely false comparison and then merely insisted on a point which has been debunked.

Actually, we've had four or five mass shooting incidents THIS YEAR.

The Brits have one every 14 years.

I have pointed that out more than once, he conveniently forgets by the next time he wants to argue about how guns kill people and that gun control saves lives.

There were 14 years between the one 2 years ago and the one previous to that.

And again, just this year, we had Aurora, the Sihk Temple, Sandy Hook and that mass shooting at the mall. And that guy who shot the four firemen.

So the UK- 14 year gaps between incidents. We can't go 14 days without an incident.

[

There are other ways to murder people, you moron.

Yes, there are...

And none of them are as efficient as a gun...

Not according to the Nazis.
Gas chambers were much more efficient.
You take your freedom and rights for granted.
Fine with me but keep your BS ideas to YOURSELF.

You know what, guy, I don't define living in fear that some crazy fuck with an automatic weapon is going to shoot up a mall I might be shopping at as being "Free".

Now, besides going full Godwin (a sign of a losing argument- Germans had the right to own weapons) ...

The fact is, most average citizens don't need guns. BUt you have an industry that is very good at peddling fear and making us all less safe.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

I've known enough people who had to bury a spouse or child because they killed themselves with a gun they bought to protect their family.

Enough of this madness.

Simple enough solution. Make the gun sellers liable for those deaths, and see how "devoted" they are to the second amendment when they are losing money.

If Hobby Lobby is willing to lose money on principle, why not Bushmaster?

Yes, there are...

You know what, guy, I don't define living in fear that some crazy fuck with an automatic weapon is going to shoot up a mall I might be shopping at as being "Free".

Now, besides going full Godwin (a sign of a losing argument- Germans had the right to own weapons) ...

The fact is, most average citizens don't need guns. BUt you have an industry that is very good at peddling fear and making us all less safe.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a member of the household than a bad guy.

I've known enough people who had to bury a spouse or child because they killed themselves with a gun they bought to protect their family.

Enough of this madness.

Simple enough solution. Make the gun sellers liable for those deaths, and see how "devoted" they are to the second amendment when they are losing money.

No dumb ass, Hitler banned guns in every country he invaded and upheld the strict gun laws in Germany.

Joe B.

Right there is the fuking "fact" you gun nuts don't want to talk about.

Yes, there are...

Enough of this madness.

pretty good argument except for the ridiculous bolded part.

Why would a gun maker be liable for what an entirely different entity chose to do with one of their products? Prove their intent.

There is no simple solution and people on both sides who scream that their "side" is entirely right and the other "side" is entirely wrong just need to shut up.

The fact is 99% of gun owners will NEVER need to use a gun for self defense of any sort, so those who claim they feel safer with them are just being silly.

By the same token, I don't owe anyone an explanation for why I own guns. I like guns, they're fun to shoot, and make a good investment.

I have no idea why gun owners go crazy with all these stretches as reasons they own guns. I own them because I can, period.

Now, what say we actually concentrate on getting guns out of the hands of people who ought not have guns in their hands?

And anyone who says that no one should be prevented from owning a gun is nuts.

A good first step is prosecuting that girl who bought a gun for the felon who shot those firemen as an accomplice to murder.

A great second step would be to outlaw private sales. Again, anyone who thinks anyone ought be able to buy a gun without a background check can be dismissed as a fool.

Is there anything we can come together on as a people any more?

Enough of this madness.

pretty good argument except for the ridiculous bolded part.

Why would a gun maker be liable for what an entirely different entity chose to do with one of their products? Prove their intent.

There is no simple solution and people on both sides who scream that their "side" is entirely right and the other "side" is entirely wrong just need to shut up.

The fact is 99% of gun owners will NEVER need to use a gun for self defense of any sort, so those who claim they feel safer with them are just being silly.

By the same token, I don't owe anyone an explanation for why I own guns. I like guns, they're fun to shoot, and make a good investment.

I have no idea why gun owners go crazy with all these stretches as reasons they own guns. I own them because I can, period.

Now, what say we actually concentrate on getting guns out of the hands of people who ought not have guns in their hands?

And anyone who says that no one should be prevented from owning a gun is nuts.

A good first step is prosecuting that girl who bought a gun for the felon who shot those firemen as an accomplice to murder.

A great second step would be to outlaw private sales. Again, anyone who thinks anyone ought be able to buy a gun without a background check can be dismissed as a fool.

Is there anything we can come together on as a people any more?

Criminals do not get background checks when they steal or illegally buy a gun now.
NO law changes that as LAWS now on the books for that.
And how are they working to date?
And how many deaths are saved because the criminals KNOW someone owns or has a gun on them?
You conveniently left that figure in the tens of thousands out.
Owning weapons for self defense saves more innocent lives than criminals kill with illegally owned guns or illegally obtained guns.

And again, just this year, we had Aurora, the Sihk Temple, Sandy Hook and that mass shooting at the mall. And that guy who shot the four firemen.

So the UK- 14 year gaps between incidents. We can't go 14 days without an incident.

And before guns were banned in the UK there was ONE. Since guns have been banned there have been three!

You can't count too well can you.

Joe B.

Right there is the fuking "fact" you gun nuts don't want to talk about.

And that "fact" is an outright lie. Go ahead look it up....I dare you.

No dumb ass, Hitler banned guns in every country he invaded and upheld the strict gun laws in Germany.

Um, no, actually, he didn't. Germany had pretty lax gun laws and the Nazis made them more lax. Most of the countries he invaded didn't have widespread gun ownership to start with. (And yes, you do disarm a country when you invade it, unless you are George W. Stupid, and we saw how well that worked out.)

Again, Godwin's law.

godwins_law.jpg

And before guns were banned in the UK there was ONE. Since guns have been banned there have been three!

You can't count too well can you.

Actually, the UK never had a lot of guns to start with... that's the point. So, yeah, they rarely if ever have them.

They've had four in the last few decades, we've had four in the last six months...

Seriously, you really think our system is better, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back