The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a few historic facts for you.

In 1900 the US had a lower murder rate than Japan despite the fact that guns were illegal in Japan and legal here. The murder rate in the US doubled by 1920, a time when immigration was also very high. It declined in the post war period, and stayed low until the mid 1960s when the Immigration and Naturalization Act passed. In fact, it doubled within a decade of the Act's passage.

All of that was before video games, violent or otherwise. It also happened to be a time when gun control laws were gaining traction in this country.

The simple fact is that it is the very thing that makes America great, the fact that we invite people of all cultures to come here, that causes the murder rate to be so high. Different cultures do not always mesh peacefully.

Unless you want to argue for tighter immigration policies and less cultural diversity, shut the fuck up.

I know cultural diversity scares you a bit... not sure why.

Do you actually have figures for the murder rates US vs. Japan in 1900, or are you just making shit up?

Crime increased in the 1920's because prohibition made it a profitable business to illegally sell liqour, and then kill each other over the right to illegally sell liquor.. And some sensible people passed gun control laws, and that shit came to an end pretty quickly...

[
You suck at guessing, comrade. Stop trying, because you continue to be consistently wrong. You look bad enough already here without giving free rein to your juvenile little imagination.

Guy, I had you pegged the first day you posted here. An angry little nerd taking out his frustrations on a computer because people wedgie him IRL.

Shit, man, you even abuse people who agree with you. You have serious issues, which is why most of the time, I ignore you.

That kind of generalization is not helpful or accurate.

Wasn't meant to be helpful. I would love you to explain how it is inaccurate though.

What don't you understand? "A culture of racism" does not accurately describe Japan's culture. What isn't clear about that?

Japanese does not have specific words that describe people on the basis of how long their family has lived in the US? They don't have a culture that treats all non Japanese as inferior? They do not have an official policy that outlawed the language of one of Japan's native ethnic groups?

One guy with a bomb can kill thousands of people in a few seconds, try that with a gun.

Or nerve gas on a train. A crazy person can also plow a car into a large crowd of people, for example.

The leftists continue to make the same mistake they have always made in assuming they can perfect human nature by controlling every aspect of the environment we live in. This impulse drives many of their bad ideas.

The Wingnut continues to make the mistake of thinking that when someone makes a profit doing something, like selling death machines to the general public, they are doing it for noble reasons and not greed. .

Here again we see you clownishly trying to talk about things you don't understand, like Capitalism, human nature, morality, and history. You run up against your limitations quite quickly regardless of the topic, don't you?

Japanese does not have specific words that describe people on the basis of how long their family has lived in the US?

And how exactly is that racist? We talk about 'first generation Irish-Americans,' or 'third generation Italian-Americans' and such all the time. Are those terms racist? That just makes no sense.

[
Here again we see you clownishly trying to talk about things you don't understand, like Capitalism, human nature, morality, and history. You run up against your limitations quite quickly regardless of the topic, don't you?

Guy, 9158 Gun murders in the US.

11 in Japan.

if this were any other consumer product causing these many deaths, we'd recall the lot of them.

Here are a few historic facts for you.

In 1900 the US had a lower murder rate than Japan despite the fact that guns were illegal in Japan and legal here. The murder rate in the US doubled by 1920, a time when immigration was also very high. It declined in the post war period, and stayed low until the mid 1960s when the Immigration and Naturalization Act passed. In fact, it doubled within a decade of the Act's passage.

All of that was before video games, violent or otherwise. It also happened to be a time when gun control laws were gaining traction in this country.

The simple fact is that it is the very thing that makes America great, the fact that we invite people of all cultures to come here, that causes the murder rate to be so high. Different cultures do not always mesh peacefully.

Unless you want to argue for tighter immigration policies and less cultural diversity, shut the fuck up.

I know cultural diversity scares you a bit... not sure why.

Do you actually have figures for the murder rates US vs. Japan in 1900, or are you just making shit up?

Crime increased in the 1920's because prohibition made it a profitable business to illegally sell liqour, and then kill each other over the right to illegally sell liquor.. And some sensible people passed gun control laws, and that shit came to an end pretty quickly...

There you go jumping to idiocy again.

I grew up in El Paso, which has the largest border crossing in the United States. It is possible to walk from downtown El Paso to Mexico in less than 15 minutes. That city is currently 50% Hispanic, and one of the best places to live in this entire country, if you don't have a problem with the weather. I have traveled to places you have never heard of, the last problem I have is with other cultures.

When the guns aren't available, you can't break the law...

This is really fucking simple, and the rest of the world has figured this out...

That explains the complete lack of school shootings in the UK since they effectively outlawed guns.

That must be the exception. I am sure it got better after they made handguns illegal right after Dunblame.

I have said this before, I will say it again, name a country with strict gun control laws, I will find a shooting. You idiots should just pretend I don't exist, it will make you feel better.

Actually, pretending you are sane is your real problem.

You do realize that that a 14 year gap between mass shootings, is actually pretty fucking good, right? We can't go a year without a couple of them.I mean you really can't be that stupid, can you?

I believe the point he was making idiot, is that GUNS ARE OUTLAWED IN THE UK AND STILL THIS SHIT HAPPENS!

Wake the fuck up you moron!

[

9158 Gun murders in the US.

11 in Japan. .

Do you think that simply repeating that addresses all of the points that have been raised (and that you are clearly unable to deal with)?

Japanese does not have specific words that describe people on the basis of how long their family has lived in the US?

And how exactly is that racist? We talk about 'first generation Irish-Americans,' or 'third generation Italian-Americans' and such all the time. Are those terms racist? That just makes no sense.

Strangely enough, I know a few Irish people from my family that thought it was racist for them to be told that they were not welcome in some businesses.

The culture is extremely insular, use that word if you don't like racist.

[

Guy, 9158 Gun murders in the US.

11 in Japan.

if this were any other consumer product causing these many deaths, we'd recall the lot of them.

Murder is not a consumer product.

I believe the point he was making idiot, is that GUNS ARE OUTLAWED IN THE UK AND STILL THIS SHIT HAPPENS!

Wake the fuck up you moron!

But it doesn't happen as often.

Yeah, we will may still have a mass shooting once every 14 years instead of three or four a year like we have now... But I can't see that as anything but an improvement, eh?

They don't have a culture that treats all non Japanese as inferior?

No, not today. If you go back in time far enough you could level that charge at every country, which of course makes it effectively meaningless.

I know people that live in Japan that would disagree with you.

I don't doubt that you do. Lots and lots of people who live in America would level the same charge against the US. That doesn't mean it is true.

They do not have an official policy that outlawed the language of one of Japan's native ethnic groups?

A lot of Americans support making English the officlal national language. Is that racist?

Making English the official language is not the same thing as making Spanish illegal. One is simply saying that, if you do business with the government, you have to do it in English, the other is making it illegal to speak a language at all.

No, not today. If you go back in time far enough you could level that charge at every country, which of course makes it effectively meaningless.

I don't doubt that you do. Lots and lots of people who live in America would level the same charge against the US. That doesn't mean it is true.

Lots of people living in the US think that we walk out of a room simply because they are not Americans?

Strangely enough, I know a few Irish people from my family that thought it was racist for them to be told that they were not welcome in some businesses.

As I said, go back far enough and you could level the same charge against any country.

Is the term 'second generation German-American' racist? You didn't really address this.

Lots of people living in the US think that we walk out of a room simply because they are not Americans?

You think that (and more) never happens to people in America? You'd be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back