The upcoming Bernie/Hillary debate. CNN hit it on the head.

R

rdean

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/us/politics/democratic-debate-preview.html?_r=0

Hillary Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont have clashed in sometimes-caustic terms in recent days: Mr. Sanders has questioned Mrs. Clinton’s judgment, and she has criticized the credibility of his policy ideas with obvious exasperation.

Bernie:
rails against Wall Street
declares that it is time to break up the big banks and get money out of politics
argues that only a “political revolution” can change Washington

Hillary:
In debates, she has often found herself in the uninspiring position of expressing sympathy with Mr. Sanders’s principles but arguing that the scale and specifics of his promises are unrealistic.

The news cycle gave Mr. Sanders a big gift on Wednesday, with the revelation that five big banks had failed to develop plans for dismantling themselves in the event of a financial crisis. It is a story that plays directly into Mr. Sanders’s area of political confidence, and that is an easy cue for him to brandish his core message on the debate stage.

-------------------------------------------

Since Bernie has had two years to work on his "I hate Wall Street" platform and still doesn't know what too big to fail means or how to break up the banks, I believe that is what Mrs. Clinton should focus on. How to get things done. But also what happens if they aren't done right.

Just breaking up companies willy nilly would result in job losses and economic disaster. Talk about his not knowing what he is doing. He sputters, he gets angry, it makes him look like an old man telling kids to get out of his yard when his ignorance is challenged..

What is most troubling about Bernie's disgusting presence is that it made Hillary more anti-white to match his anti-white hatred. Nobody gives a shit about the corporate structure of large banks.

Bernie can't even comb his hair, as a career politician he's going to change Washington... Lol
His type - is the problem

Debating with a mirror.

Anyone who consorts with Al Sharpton should be kept away from the White House.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/us/politics/democratic-debate-preview.html?_r=0

Hillary Clinton and Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont have clashed in sometimes-caustic terms in recent days: Mr. Sanders has questioned Mrs. Clinton’s judgment, and she has criticized the credibility of his policy ideas with obvious exasperation.

Bernie:
rails against Wall Street
declares that it is time to break up the big banks and get money out of politics
argues that only a “political revolution” can change Washington

Hillary:
In debates, she has often found herself in the uninspiring position of expressing sympathy with Mr. Sanders’s principles but arguing that the scale and specifics of his promises are unrealistic.

The news cycle gave Mr. Sanders a big gift on Wednesday, with the revelation that five big banks had failed to develop plans for dismantling themselves in the event of a financial crisis. It is a story that plays directly into Mr. Sanders’s area of political confidence, and that is an easy cue for him to brandish his core message on the debate stage.

-------------------------------------------

Since Bernie has had two years to work on his "I hate Wall Street" platform and still doesn't know what too big to fail means or how to break up the banks, I believe that is what Mrs. Clinton should focus on. How to get things done. But also what happens if they aren't done right.

Just breaking up companies willy nilly would result in job losses and economic disaster. Talk about his not knowing what he is doing. He sputters, he gets angry, it makes him look like an old man telling kids to get out of his yard when his ignorance is challenged..

And also long time Hillary supporter 'Cher' is switching to Bernie. :2up:

-Geaux

ws.jpg

IMO the Democratic party establishment has underestimated Sanders and overestimated, perhaps deluded themselves as to Hillary's real popularity with the people.

Bernie needs to articulate the logistics of his ideas better, I'll agree there.

I can't go with the argument, however, that breaking up these banks would cost jobs and economic disaster. Some jobs, maybe, but nothing on the scale of 08.

I agree with Sanders on that whole thing, although not a whole lot else. The big banks are parasites imo, and need to be brought down in scale and influence before we see 08, or some version of it, played out all over again.

Let's elect another useless dipshit like Obama and Bush who never did anything besides be in government

Debating with a mirror.

Anyone who consorts with Al Sharpton should be kept away from the White House.
Al Sharpton supports Bernie Sanders.

I believe I said anyone, and when did he endorse?
I don't know the day, but I saw him say it on TV.

He has made no endorsement as yet.
Maybe he just said he supports Bernie Sanders. It sounded like an endorsement to me.

Forum List

Back