Zone1 The Value of Links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does academia deal in just straight facts?

the sources they require are. there can be a difference between opinions & thought process' & true facts. JUST like i wrote earlier that as far as accurate reliable reporting goes - there is no discernable differences between NYT, WaPo & the Wall St. Journal, EXCEPT for the OP/EDs.

Definitely not sociology.. it’s much radical theory

Sociology is not an exact science. Conclusions can be drawn, based on behaviors studied & documented thruout various demographics.

medicine is not an exact science either - BUT - just as in sociology - certain conclusions & outcomes are based in documented common outcomes.

then of course there is ' math ' , which is probably the most exact science.

1+2 = 3

2 + 1 = 3

there is no deviation ... thems the facts.

Last edited:
Tragedy is that every one of those is Fake . And it is as though you have deliberately picked the worst — most obviously under CIA control . I rest my case as nobody likes to be told that they are pawns in the Matrix .

loosen the tin foil hat.

How to Find Credible Sources for Research​

How can you find credible sources for research and avoid misinformation? Your instructor likely recommends avoiding general web content or Wikipedia.

Finding the most reliable websites for research starts with evaluating the website itself. Sites run by academic or government organizations rank high in reliability. Databases and specialized search engines can also provide good research sources.

Next, make sure you understand the source of the information and the process used to publish it. Scholarly articles and books that undergo peer review make for the best academic resources.
10 Best Online Websites and Resources for Academic Research | BestColleges

Alternative_Facts.jpg

Facts are facts! There are no alternatives.

Defintion of "fact" from Merriam-Webster's Dictionary:

• the quality of being actual
  • something that has actual existence; an actual occurrence
What_is_Fake_News__Guide3.png

Though this term has been politicized, fake news is a real problem and represents information that is completely fabricated. There may be bias in mainstream news sources, but this is not the same as intentionally presenting false information.

Usually this takes the form of sites that purport to be major news sites, but are not. For example, abc.co.uk instead of abc.com. Sometimes newer, fringe news organizations rise in popularity and share overwhelmingly biased sources. Some of these will combine false information alongside facts presented in an extremely biased manner.
LibGuides: Evaluating Information: Vetting Your Sources: Hot Topics: What is Fake News?

' Libguides' is short for Library guides ' NOT 'liberal guides '

& for the love of god - WIKI, facebook, twitter & 'truth' social ARE NOT legit sources.
Ummm okay.

Nice Copy Paste of some activism

the sources they require are. there can be a difference between opinions & thought process' & true facts. JUST like i wrote earlier that as far as accurate reliable reporting goes - there is no discernable differences between NYT, WaPo & the Wall St. Journal, EXCEPT for the OP/EDs.

Sociology is not an exact science. Conclusions can be drawn, based on behaviors studied & documented thruout various demographics.

medicine is not an exact science either - BUT - just as in sociology - certain conclusions & outcomes are based in documented common outcomes.

then of course there is ' math ' , which is probably the most exact science.

1+2 = 3

2 + 1 = 3

there is no deviation ... thems the facts.
I think the issue is the clear political/social activism, not math

I think the issue is the clear political/social activism, not math

you are CONflating yer opinion with actual facts. i remember my kid doing a research paper on 'space junk ' & he used peer reviewed aricles etc & various sources such as NASA, complete with photos taken from planetariums etc...

but but but that was social activism?

sure.

Yes. Radical theories, like America is uniquely evil, blacks can’t be racist, women can have penises.. That sort of activist opinion that are now Norms in the institution.

why are you so threatened by opinions? cause they make you feel icky?

why are you so threatened by opinions? cause they make you feel icky?
LMAO.

You’re the one threatened by someone questioning an institution.

Let me guess, you believe “the science” is a monolith of unquestionable force (only when “it” supports you)? you had to be team Fauci, right? Isn’t it incredible how many believed him and how wrong he was?

Last edited:
There is no we.

Of course, "They'' and ''Them'' understand fully well that the most dangerous mqn in the world is one who can think for himself.

So, then, ''They'' and ''Them'' make such an exercise ''illegal''

It's all about the pronouns and check boxes, bro. Or so they say...
Who says? Link? :cool-45:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back