"The Voice" Season 6 Finalist Christina Grimmie Murdered

What is the connection of the killer to her?

Don't know yet. The story just broke a few hours ago. Her brother captured the shooter, who then shoot himself. Some lunatic stalker is my guess. She was pretty good; she was as good as the winner that season.

It's one of the few shows I watch regularly, as I like to see new talent get a shot at exposure. The old variety shows died out many years ago, and there are almost no venues showcasing new people like that any more.

Last edited:
Check the will.

See where her brother stands in the line of succession.

Like Serena?

Apparently it wasn't an ex-boyfriend; she was signing autographs and meeting fans, so I doubt she knew the guy. He had two guns, so no telling what the freak had in mind, probably wanted to kill more people besides her.

The 22-year-old was signing autographs and meeting fans after opening for the band Before You Exit at The Plaza Live when the shooting occurred at around 10:45 p.m. ET, Orlando Police Department spokeswoman Wanda Miglio said at a news conference.

The attacker, who was carrying two guns, shot and killed himself after Grimmie's brother tackled him, according to police.

'The Voice' Singer Christina Grimmie Shot Dead After Florida Concert

Didn't see any new updates that say anything beyond these two links.

The world lost a wonderful new young artist and with her a lot of hope. May God help everyone who loved her.

Check the will.

Good lord, Jake. That's dark as Hell. Not impossible. Just improbable. Poor girl.
I did some article 32a work in the military when recovering from an injury. Some family members are tempted to do terrible things. The investigators will check these things out.

Check the will.

Good lord, Jake. That's dark as Hell. Not impossible. Just improbable. Poor girl.
I did some article 32a work in the military when recovering from an injury. Some family members are tempted to do terrible things. The investigators will check these things out.

No doubt the investigators will leave no stone unturned. It would be even more tragic if her brother was somehow involved. I certainly hope not. My hearts breaks for her family and friends. Losing a loved one so violently and so suddenly is never easy.

Denial is a big thing among family member killers: no one will suspect me!

Family members are almost always the first on the suspect list.

JakeStarkey is right. Everybody is a suspect, even family members. But from what I can tell she didn't do anything to garner a huge paycheck yet. So I can't see it being someone who might have benefited from money. Jealous boyfriend or sick stalker most likely.

It would have to be a brilliant brother. "Here's the plan. You kill my sister then kill yourself."

I never heard of her, don't watch the Voice but damn, that's awfully young to go. A whole career ahead of her. My guess is it was some sick bastard that wanted to put his dent in history.

I never heard of her, don't watch the Voice but damn, that's awfully young to go. A whole career ahead of her. My guess is it was some sick bastard that wanted to put his dent in history.
She was a third place winner in season six. So, not going anywhere.

I didn't watch it either, until the season she was on. I got to liking it, even though I hate the game show type format. I like music, though, and I like vocalists over others as musicians, so I watch it. It's the only show on TV outside of The McLaughlin Group and the occasional movie I turn on the TV for. My wife likes it, and she also likes America's Got Talent, for reasons completely unknown to me, and no way I'm going ask her ... lol

She was a third place winner in season six. So, not going anywhere.

Doing better than most these days; it's a glutted market. For every mega star there are 10's of thousands of decent musicians out there, many don't make a living at it at all.

It would have to be a brilliant brother. "Here's the plan. You kill my sister then kill yourself."

Jake is just stupid, and also thinks every family is like his. That's probably how he got the means for never having to leave his room and having the time to make 300,000 posts a month on message boards.
Family is off limits: your only warning.

The police investigate family members first almost every time.

Forum List

Back