The Walking Dead Season 5

Um, they are just comics, aren't they? I usually think of graphic novels to be specific to larger books than a monthly comic.

I usually read Walking Dead in collected volumes such as compendiums which collects about 50 monthly issues :

Walking_dead_compendium_1.jpg

As for the term "graphic novels" . I do believe that's the new politically correct term for comic books so geeks and nerds don't feel so degrated.

As a bit of a comic nerd, I don't give a crap if they're called comic books. It's what they are. ;) I certainly would never say I read graphic novels and not comics, it sounds pretentious to me. :lol:

My biggest issue with reading Walking Dead, other than not wanting to spoil the show, is that I believe it's in black and white. I like color in my comics!

As a bit of a comic nerd, I don't give a crap if they're called comic books. It's what they are. ;) I certainly would never say I read graphic novels and not comics, it sounds pretentious to me.

That was good. :lol:

But anyway, here's the history of the term. You decide:

Graphic novel - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

My biggest issue with reading Walking Dead, other than not wanting to spoil the show, is that I believe it's in black and white. I like color in my comics!

That bothered me at first but I got use to it quick. It's no different than losing yourself in a black and white movie. Also IMO Walking Dead would lose it's overall dark and gritty feel if it was published in color.

As for spoiling the show, you tell me

Daryl was never in the comics and Sophia and Andrea are still alive in comics and the entire group are a few years ahead in the story than where they're at in the TV series. Also Shane was killed early off and Tyrees joined Ricks group before they discovered Hershal's farm. Carol committed suicide shortly after the group moved into the Prison and Laurie survived giving birth but was eventually killed along with Judith during the Governor's final attack on the prison where it was Tyrees that was captured and beheaded. Although the Terminus backstory was exclusive to the TV series, in the Hunters storyline, it was Dale that got captured and had leg eaten by the Hunters.

That's just a small example on how differently things play out in TV series.

They always kill some characters in the WD in both the 1st and 2nd half. The group is as big as it has ever been. Only 2 characters died in the first half (Stookey and Beth). Someone has to go and I think there were be multiples off'ed.

Here is the 2nd half dead pool. Note there is no Walker Meat (meaning die foresure)!

Live Foresure (90-100%:
Rick (they aren't killing the main character this season)
Daryl (still most loved character on the show, they don't kill off the fan fav when ratings are high)
Carl (Not going anywhere soon)
Judith (I don't see them killing a baby)

More likely live then Die (50-89%):
Abraham (a comic fav they brought in late - Can't see him dying too soon)
Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Morgan (they waited so long to bring him back, can't see them offing him so quickly)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Sasha (I think she is the Andrea character from the comic)
Carol (Fan Fav)

More Die than Live (11-49%):
Tyreese (Seems like his time, I will hate to see him go)
Glenn (There could be something to the internet rumors)
Tara (I don't think she is a loved character, similar to Stookey)
Noah (He just seems like a character brought in to die quickly)
Father Gabriel (wishful thinking on my part - I hate this guy)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

I can't wait bro! I have a feeling Tyrese's sister will not make it past this season I think shes pregnant in real life, don't know if they will transfer that over into the show.

I am sure the writing will be just as bad. I am just happy to see they are traveling outside of the same 10 mile radius.

They always kill some characters in the WD in both the 1st and 2nd half. The group is as big as it has ever been. Only 2 characters died in the first half (Stookey and Beth). Someone has to go and I think there were be multiples off'ed.

Here is the 2nd half dead pool. Note there is no Walker Meat (meaning die foresure)!

Live Foresure (90-100%:
Daryl (still most loved character on the show, they don't kill off the fan fav when ratings are high)

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Morgan (they waited so long to bring him back, can't see them offing him so quickly)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

You think they will kill off Glen? What about Maggie? I don't see any mention of Maggie above.

Live Foresure (90-100%:

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

You think they will kill off Glen? What about Maggie? I don't see any mention of Maggie above.

I think they will make it past this season.

Live Foresure (90-100%:

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

I like Glen, but I never really got any kind of attachment to Maggie. Maybe it's because she just doesn't do all that much? I don't know. I probably wouldn't really miss her too much. My favorite character is Michone out of the females. Hope nothing happens to her.

I am sure the writing will be just as bad. I am just happy to see they are traveling outside of the same 10 mile radius.

WHY do you watch it and participate in the threads about it if you don't like it?

Don't let him fool you, he loves it. He cried like a baby when Beth died. :rofl:

:lol: He's probably one of those people who isn't happy unless he's complaining about something.

Yes, alot of people are the same.

Live Foresure (90-100%:

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

I like Glen, but I never really got any kind of attachment to Maggie. Maybe it's because she just doesn't do all that much? I don't know. I probably wouldn't really miss her too much. My favorite character is Michone out of the females. Hope nothing happens to her.

I think Maggie is hot so I want her to stay on lol.

Live Foresure (90-100%:

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

I think she's okay. A little above average perhaps. :D She is certainly not the best looking woman I've ever seen though. Also, I think her and Glen are kind of an odd couple. They just don't seem to "go together" IMO. I don't feel the chemistry.

Live Foresure (90-100%:

Eugene (ditto)
Rosita (ditto)
Michonne (Fan fav)
Carol (Fan Fav)

Walker Food (0-10%)
None

I think she's okay. A little above average perhaps. :D She is certainly not the best looking woman I've ever seen though. Also, I think her and Glen are kind of an odd couple. They just don't seem to "go together" IMO. I don't feel the chemistry.

Before the Zombie apocalypse she would never date Glen, Maggie would have been dating a guy like The Governor or Shane, but in the Walking Dead world with a shortage of viable men, Glenn traded up. Shes out of his league for sure.

Forum List

Back