The Walking Dead

Whether Carol returns may have nothing to do with the show's story. It's always possible the actor decided to call it quits for some reason.

If not, I agree, we'll see her again.

I don't understand saying the show is turning into a soap opera. Have you seen a soap opera? Not the same thing! :lol:

You can't have a show that's just constantly killing zombies. You'd never maintain a large audience. There needs to be plenty of human relations elements involved. That's all that's going on, they are showing what goes on in the group. Yes, zombie apocalypse; but they have been dealing with it for years now. It's nothing new. At this point, most people will have adapted to the current world and still find a way to have relationships, fall in love, get in fights, etc.

And there's still plenty of zombie killing. :tongue:

Christian-Serratos-Walking-Dead.png

Whether Carol returns may have nothing to do with the show's story. It's always possible the actor decided to call it quits for some reason.

Nope she is still there. She will be part of a bigger story or cross story like Andrea was. I believe she will meet up with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita. Abraham was reportly at comic-con.

I don't understand saying the show is turning into a soap opera. Have you seen a soap opera? Not the same thing! :lol:
Some people just like mindless action and killing. They don't realize that without downtime and character development, the mindless action gets dull and boring.

Did anyone watch The Talking Dead after the show? Chris Jericho (frmr WWE guy) was on (they have different guests each week) and had some great insights/takes on what happened. They also do a 'in memorandum' to the walkers killed and they show the kills in slo mo. Sooo worth the watch.

If Carol had gone back to the prison, a divide would have happened with some on her side, some on Rick's side. However, even though she isn't going back if Rick tells everyone the truth that she killed Karen and the other guy I think there will still be division among the group. Some will say it wasn't his call, some will understand and side with Carol, some will say Rick did the right thing. This will cause a huge drift between Daryl and Rick, imo. Personally I don't think it was his call, she should have gone back. Then again, Tyreese probably would have whacked her so maybe Rick did Carol a favor. I certainly don't think we've seen the last of her.

Rick hasn't fully acclimated to walker world, certainly not to the extent that Carol has. In order for Carol to survive in this world, she's cut off most (all?) of her emotions. She told that little girl to fight the fear and one day, you find that you've changed. She didn't want that kid calling her 'mom'. There are sparks between her and Daryl but nothing has happened. She finds that to survive she has to emotionally isolate herself otherwise, she will end up hurt or even dead. Don't hesitate, keep your knife at the ready, don't give in to the fear, run as fast as you can.

Rick isn't at that place, he may never be. He still wakes up and thinks Lori will be there making God-awful pancakes. Cop Rick still exists ... cop Rick says you don't just kill people, that that's wrong. Yeah, he killed Shane but Shane had turned and he had no choice. They didn't kill Jim (season one) after he'd been bit. Didn't they just leave him by the side of the road? Flash forward to Andrea and they whacked her after she'd been bitten. With Karen and the other guy being sick ... was killing them the right call? I don't know if Carol made the right call or not killing those two. She was trying to save lives by stopping the spread of the flu.

The guy with the bottle of booze? He's an addict ... I can see why he'd want to fall back into that and drown out the noise when it got quiet. Cripes, I'm not much of a drinker but I might start if I lived in that world.

I think Rick is wrong and I think that will be apparent to Tyreese eventually. Didn't Maggie say they had the rule, we don't let our people turn. That's why they killed Andrea, that is why Mag shot Oscar when he was dying. Etc.

Rick also has a lot of nerve. He did stab Shane. Shane was pushing Rick, but in the end he stabbed him and he got off the hook for it. Rick also tommahawk chopped Tomas. Yes that guy was bad news and no one would have blamed him for it, but he still did it unilaterally!

Dude, he had to kill Shane. Shane drew a gun on him, that was going to go down eventually.

I thought it calmed down at that point and then Rick stabbed him. I didn't think Rick was wrong, he had to do what he had to do.

They never saw each other. Other than the patch she wouldn't know what he looked like or his name. He surely won't know who she is.

Could they cross pathes and not know about it? That would be an interesting development.

I am looking forward to him popping up again.

Nope she is still there. She will be part of a bigger story or cross story like Andrea was. I believe she will meet up with Abraham, Eugene and Rosita. Abraham was reportly at comic-con.

Some people just like mindless action and killing. They don't realize that without downtime and character development, the mindless action gets dull and boring.

Nonsense. Character creation does not require the show to focus so heavily on one or two characters. That's why Andrea turned into such an unliked character.

Watching Rick and Carol debate the morality of allowing strangers to help for 20 minutes straight was boring as hell. Besides that who in their right mind would turn down help in a zombie outbreak.

and as I stated before they need to leave the prison. The ascetics of the area make for dull repetitive tv.

They never saw each other. Other than the patch she wouldn't know what he looked like or his name. He surely won't know who she is.

Could they cross pathes and not know about it? That would be an interesting development.

Thats what I was thinking about last night, they never saw each other. That would be nuts if if they ran into each other and she joined with them.

Nonsense. Character creation does not require the show to focus so heavily on one or two characters. That's why Andrea turned into such an unliked character.

Watching Rick and Carol debate the morality of allowing strangers to help for 20 minutes straight was boring as hell. Besides that who in their right mind would turn down help in a zombie outbreak.

and as I stated before they need to leave the prison. The ascetics of the area make for dull repetitive tv.

Questions of morality are going to be difficult in this kind of situation. Of course they will take time to go over, and maybe they will be gone over again later.

Andrea was unliked because her character was annoying. Focusing on her so much was bad because she was annoying, she wasn't annoying because of the focus.

Have you actually watched the show? How can you possibly ask who would turn down help after seeing what's gone on in this show, what's going on in the show right now? Trust is NOT high in the world of the Walking Dead.

Leaving the prison would not make sense at this point. Just leaving would be incredibly stupid. They need to come up with some plausible reason to move on if they want to get them out.

Leaving the prison would not make sense at this point. Just leaving would be incredibly stupid. They need to come up with some plausible reason to move on if they want to get them out.

I think they've been showing the plausible reason for a couple of episodes and that is the weakening of the fence. Mini-herd pressure is causing the outer fence to fail and the shoring they have done with logs will only do so much - it's not a permanent repair.

They are either going to have to decide on one of the following options:

(a) an orderly withdrawal from the prison,

(b) an emergency withdrawal from the prison, or

(c) having the fence fail and being trapped inside the prison.​

Disclaimer: I haven't read the graphic novels, so I have no idea how it will play out.

>>>>

Questions of morality are going to be difficult in this kind of situation. Of course they will take time to go over, and maybe they will be gone over again later.

Andrea was unliked because her character was annoying. Focusing on her so much was bad because she was annoying, she wasn't annoying because of the focus.

Have you actually watched the show? How can you possibly ask who would turn down help after seeing what's gone on in this show, what's going on in the show right now? Trust is NOT high in the world of the Walking Dead.

More nonsense.

The prison is a death trap waiting to be sprung.

Yes I've seen every episode.

Trust had NOTHING to do with letting a couple kids search for meds and food in town.

You take this shit too serious. It's a show about a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. Not CS I Miami or whatever other garbage passes for TV these days

That prison is about the stupidest place to hang out. But it is a tv show and not very well written. In real life people can't go five minutes without Twitter. They would want to know what is going on. These folks aren't even bothering to set up a radio to monitor? Sorry that's not how humans are wired.

The concentrated on Andrea last season, because they wanted to introduce Woodbury! Her character didn't get annoying because of the airtime. It got annoying because of her boneheaded decisions. I personally didn't mind the character, but not overly missing her either.

I liked the moral dilemma. Rick went back to not truthing people as much, which isn't the most unwise decision. When there are no laws and their is anarchy, you have to be careful who you trust. People can come to you with open arms, when they really have a knife behind their back!

I disagree! I like the story at the prison. So far I enjoy this season and enjoy the storyline.

Thats what I was thinking about last night, they never saw each other. That would be nuts if if they ran into each other and she joined with them.

Rick almost foreshadowed it, when he stated they wouldn't know what you had done. She might not want to tell the group where she is from (because she won't want them to leave her and try to join a stable place like the prison).

so, just an off question, how many 'originals' are left?:doubt:

Rick, Carl, Glen, Daryl and Carol. They rest died off. From season two, Herschel, Maggie, Judith and Beth. From season 3 Michonne, Sasha and Tyreese.

They have killed off a ton of characters.

Rick, Carl, Glen, Daryl and Carol. They rest died off. From season two, Herschel, Maggie, Judith and Beth. From season 3 Michonne, Sasha and Tyreese.

This is the weakness of a show about a Zombie Apocolypse.

:(

But as long as the survivors continue to be Hawt Chics that wear tight, sweaty t-shirts, it will hold the audience attention.

Walking-Dead-Season-3-Portraits-Maggie-Greene.jpg

Is anyone else amazed that very few fat, ugly people are survivors? Where did all the Wal-Mart Patrons go? Pimply-faced teens?

This is the weakness of a show about a Zombie Apocolypse.

:(

But as long as the survivors continue to be Hawt Chics that wear tight, sweaty t-shirts, it will hold the audience attention.

Walking-Dead-Season-3-Portraits-Maggie-Greene.jpg

Is anyone else amazed that very few fat, ugly people are survivors? Where did all the Wal-Mart Patrons go? Pimply-faced teens?

It seems to me, once you lose power, and have to be on the run, the ones out of shape are going to be the first to go. I say this knowing I'm gonna be one of the first to go.

That's not really an "off question."

A really off question would be why there are no Gay Survivors.

Apparently, the Queer population is doesn't survive a Zombie Apocolypse.

Sorry Abikersailor.....:(

Forum List

Back