The wall won't work

How are they going to dig tunnels under solid rock?

How do climb something that special forces couldn't do?

You don't think we will be able to see people with catapults? Ever tried dragging one through mile and miles of desert?

Catch a clue!
There isn’t thousands of miles of solid rock along our southern border. You climb up a ladder. You can easily but a bag launcher in the back of a truck. It’s not that hard to think up ways around security measures.

Why aren’t you calling for shoulder to shoulder 24/7 armed guards that span our border? That would guarantee that nobody would make it through. Since you’re not calling for that perhaps it’s appropriate for me to call you One of those open border people.

Have you ever looked at the geography along out southern border? Transporting mining equipment s not going to get noticed? We have these new fangled things called cameras, satellites, drones and helicopters that can take care of watching.

You don't think a truck would be noticed?

You obviously did not read the thread. They tried climbing the wall. Special Forces couldn't do it but Jose and Consuela Illegal are going to have no problem. They just pop the three kids in backpacks and shoot them over the wall with a catapult! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Drugs get popped over in bags dimwit, not kids. And tunnels have been built and used for a long time now, undetected. Which is why using tech is a smarter idea to invest in over an archaic wall. Like I said, Wall makes sense in some areas but not all

You think tht forcing them to dig tunnels means we shouldn't build the wall? Idiotic. Any tech can be used in conjunction with the wall. It's not an either/or proposition. How would we even know about tunnels if they hadn't been detected? The ones they have found are used to smuggle drugs, not people. They take months to build and they only have to be found once.
Again I’ll ask, why not go shoulder to shoulder with armed guards? If you really cared about the border then you be supporting that. Since you are not I guess we can assume you are an open borders nut

Don't be an imbecile. We don't need a border gaurd every 2 1/2 feet. We do need the wall. You don't want the wall because you want the illegals to keep pouring in. You aren't fooling anyone.

I love it when I see this crap. You all know it will work and very effectively

Border Wall Models Thwart US Commandos In Tests

Recent assaults by tactical teams on prototypes of President Donald Trump’s proposed wall with Mexico indicate their imposing heights should stop border crossers, a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the rigorous assessment told The Associated Press

The highly trained testers scaled 16 to 20 feet (4.9 to 6.1 meters) unassisted but needed help after that, said the official who described the assaults on the wall prototypes to the AP. Testers also expressed safety concerns about getting down from 30 feet

That fall is a doozey...and they need help to scale to 30 feet as special forces......it's gonna work and that's why people don't like it.
You think a climb test proves anything? There are ladders and tunnels for human crosses and the good ol catapult for tossing bags of drugs over the wall. The wall is fine for highly populated areas but a waste to go coast to coast. We all know it.
it's the drop on the way down, and the wall slows crossing, they cant use vehicles, they have to go over it and drop down....it's effective......I'm not looking for zero percent...I'm looking for 50% drop rate as well as taking it longer and making it harder to cross......which it will
I have more trust in the pros that live and work on the border, over a blow hard trying to win an election. Though I’ve seen some border agents come out in support of the wall, I’ve heard many more come out as critics of it. Same goes for governers of border states.
Retiring Border Chief Calls Trump's Wall a Waste of Time, Money

The border agents want the wall. Who cares what Dim governnors of border states want? They're a big part of the problem.
Well I posted a linknof a border chief saying otherwise, so until you back up your statements they are worth less than a fart.

That was the Obama appointed dead ender border chief. His job is specifically to do as little a possible to keep Democrats from crossing the border.

You don't think we will be able to see people with catapults? Ever tried dragging one through mile and miles of desert?

Catch a clue!
There isn’t thousands of miles of solid rock along our southern border. You climb up a ladder. You can easily but a bag launcher in the back of a truck. It’s not that hard to think up ways around security measures.

Why aren’t you calling for shoulder to shoulder 24/7 armed guards that span our border? That would guarantee that nobody would make it through. Since you’re not calling for that perhaps it’s appropriate for me to call you One of those open border people.

Have you ever looked at the geography along out southern border? Transporting mining equipment s not going to get noticed? We have these new fangled things called cameras, satellites, drones and helicopters that can take care of watching.

You obviously did not read the thread. They tried climbing the wall. Special Forces couldn't do it but Jose and Consuela Illegal are going to have no problem. They just pop the three kids in backpacks and shoot them over the wall with a catapult! Yeah, that's the ticket!
Drugs get popped over in bags dimwit, not kids. And tunnels have been built and used for a long time now, undetected. Which is why using tech is a smarter idea to invest in over an archaic wall. Like I said, Wall makes sense in some areas but not all

You think tht forcing them to dig tunnels means we shouldn't build the wall? Idiotic. Any tech can be used in conjunction with the wall. It's not an either/or proposition. How would we even know about tunnels if they hadn't been detected? The ones they have found are used to smuggle drugs, not people. They take months to build and they only have to be found once.
Again I’ll ask, why not go shoulder to shoulder with armed guards? If you really cared about the border then you be supporting that. Since you are not I guess we can assume you are an open borders nut
Why go shoulder to shoulder when you have this kind of firepower to stop an invasion?

Where in the world has a wall not worked?

Egypt and the Gaza Strip........

egypt-gaza-wall-boy.jpg
so what knocked it down
A tank
A bomb?
or was it just poorly built?

Yes how is anyone going to tunnel under a wall. Or construct a catapult that will shoot canvas over the top that will allow people to go over the top.

Drug cartels have already built tunnels that are 50-100 feet deep that extended a mile or more under the border. What bugwit thinks 'a wall' is going to stop anything. All it will do is drive up the cost of mules that get people across and provide a new market for cartels to provide 'access' across the border. You get two or three ten ton hydraulic rams attached to jaws that open out and you can open that grate looking thing like a can-opener anywhere you like.

Stationary defenses are always overcome. Always. The Maginot Line, The Zeigfreid Line, The Atlantic Wall, The Wall of China. Bank vaults.

All walls do is put a premium on the fee the people that overcome them get paid. A wall won't stop anything on our border.
So do you think a few million people a year will be able to crawl into the US via a tunnel?

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we just bring our troops home from that Middle East shithole and station them on the border with all kinds of cool tech toys 'n stuff?

We're gonna be paying them anyway. And they can sleep in America every night and see their families regularly and not be in a shithole and be dying 'n stuff.

Hey look, here's about 30,000 or so we could station on the border with cool tech.

Would 30,000 not be enough?
heres-a-look-at-some-of-the-most-significant-deployments-for-american-soldiers.jpg

The active military doesn't do law enforcement, but you already know that.

How many of those troops are clerks mechanics, supply, and cooks?
They can do all those same tasks on safe American soil. The rest can do what they do, patrol, observe, report.

We're willing to have them blown into pieces by an IED in Afghanistan. We're willing to have them see their friends' intestines hanging outside of their bodies after an attack. We're willing to have them come home with permanent PTSD and other mental and psychological issues. For nothing.

Hanging out on the border to protect the homeland in another way would be an excellent alternative gig.

If that's true, then why has the existing wall in San Diego cut illegals by 95%? All your schemes require a wall that no one is watching. Only a moron like you would do that.

Again, given how corrupt the border patrol is, all you do is bribe the people who are watching it. Problem solved.
Yeah because all those millions of illegals have money to bribe every single border patrol agent

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't we just bring our troops home from that Middle East shithole and station them on the border with all kinds of cool tech toys 'n stuff?

We're gonna be paying them anyway. And they can sleep in America every night and see their families regularly and not be in a shithole and be dying 'n stuff.

Hey look, here's about 30,000 or so we could station on the border with cool tech.

Would 30,000 not be enough?
heres-a-look-at-some-of-the-most-significant-deployments-for-american-soldiers.jpg

The active military doesn't do law enforcement, but you already know that.

How many of those troops are clerks mechanics, supply, and cooks?
They can do all those same tasks on safe American soil. The rest can do what they do, patrol, observe, report.

We're willing to have them blown into pieces by an IED in Afghanistan. We're willing to have them see their friends' intestines hanging outside of their bodies after an attack. We're willing to have them come home with permanent PTSD and other mental and psychological issues. For nothing.

Hanging out on the border to protect the homeland in another way would be an excellent alternative gig.

I'm all for militarizing the border. Let our troops protect the US instead of foreign countries

Yeah because all those millions of illegals have money to bribe every single border patrol agent

they don't have to bribe every single one.

Just one.

Trump Wants More Money for Corrupt Border Patrol

Stories of Border Patrol misconduct and corruption have dribbled into the press for years. They range from ordinary corruption to brutal crimes. On the ordinary side, Border Patrol agents Raul and Fidel Villarreal were convicted of smuggling in around 1,000 illegal immigrants in exchange for $1 million. On the brutal side, Border Patrol agent Esteban Manzanares kidnapped, assaulted, and raped three illegal immigrant women he apprehended while on the job in 2014.

Government reports offer confusing, contradictory, and incomplete answers. According to evidence released under the Freedom of Information Act, 158 Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employees were convicted or charged with corruption from 2005 to 2016. The Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General found 358 corruption or misconduct convictions, but it doesn't distinguish between government employees and civilians who conspired with them. CBP further complicates this mess by distinguishing between "mission-compromising" convictions, which include drug and immigrant smuggling, and "non-mission-compromising" ones, which include sexually assaulting detainees and murder.

But, Mac, they are fighting the Evil Muzzies you hate so much.

Why is Lindsey Graham so adamant in his opposition to a wall? Solid, impenetrable, border wall? I know LBJ was doinking Black women as a US Senator, and speculation is it influenced his support for Civil Rights Act of 1964. Suppose Graham has an illegal Red Hot Chili Pepper he’s stirring the refried beans with? Graham does like Tequila too. Dated foreign chicks in the past. Just speculation.

I thought it was because he was gay...

In any event, here's the real problem. We've created this problem through our bad labor and trade policies. Until we fix those, we are still going to have this issue.

But, Mac, they are fighting the Evil Muzzies you hate so much.
:itsok:

they don't have to bribe every single one.

Just one.

Trump Wants More Money for Corrupt Border Patrol

Stories of Border Patrol misconduct and corruption have dribbled into the press for years. They range from ordinary corruption to brutal crimes. On the ordinary side, Border Patrol agents Raul and Fidel Villarreal were convicted of smuggling in around 1,000 illegal immigrants in exchange for $1 million. On the brutal side, Border Patrol agent Esteban Manzanares kidnapped, assaulted, and raped three illegal immigrant women he apprehended while on the job in 2014.

Government reports offer confusing, contradictory, and incomplete answers. According to evidence released under the Freedom of Information Act, 158 Customs and Border Protection (CBP) employees were convicted or charged with corruption from 2005 to 2016. The Department of Homeland Security Office of Inspector General found 358 corruption or misconduct convictions, but it doesn't distinguish between government employees and civilians who conspired with them. CBP further complicates this mess by distinguishing between "mission-compromising" convictions, which include drug and immigrant smuggling, and "non-mission-compromising" ones, which include sexually assaulting detainees and murder.
So all the millions of illegals will all know which border patrol agent to bribe and have the money to make it worth while?

ARe you smoking crack again?

I'm all for militarizing the border. Let our troops protect the US instead of foreign countries

Yeah, if there's a group that will be easier to bribe than the Border Patrol, it will be National Guardsmen.

Because an E-1 making 17K a year won't be hard to bribe at all.

I said the military as in the Army and Marines for land based border patrols and the Navy for sea based.

Catch a clue!

Well, hopefully the border guards aren't lazy ass liberals and can actually catch an illegal that's not within arms length.

Forum List

Back