The War on Donald Trump

There were vast differences between the New Deal programs of the 1930's and the attempt at creating shovel ready jobs in the Obama administration. The stimulus money was legislated in a way that allowed local governments to spend the stimulus funds in ways of their choosing and most used the funds to supplement their failing budgets by spending the funds on keeping their teachers, police, etc. on the payroll, leaving very little left for new projects or "shovel ready" new jobs. In addition, those funds dried up pretty fast. The New Deal programs were active for years and many were based on loans to states for Federally approved projects in the individual state. By the way, the states ended up paying all those loans off and projects funded by those loans ended up costing the Federal government very little.

Well I never really said they were the same, the CCC did some good work that provided us with development that is still in service today in some cases, and you bet the money dries up really fast when you use it pay-off your friends/cronies. I wouldn't ever put President Obama's intentions in line with anything associated with the CCC, or anything they stood for.

There were vast differences between the New Deal programs of the 1930's and the attempt at creating shovel ready jobs in the Obama administration. The stimulus money was legislated in a way that allowed local governments to spend the stimulus funds in ways of their choosing and most used the funds to supplement their failing budgets by spending the funds on keeping their teachers, police, etc. on the payroll, leaving very little left for new projects or "shovel ready" new jobs. In addition, those funds dried up pretty fast. The New Deal programs were active for years and many were based on loans to states for Federally approved projects in the individual state. By the way, the states ended up paying all those loans off and projects funded by those loans ended up costing the Federal government very little.

Well I never really said they were the same, the CCC did some good work that provided us with development that is still in service today in some cases, and you bet the money dries up really fast when you use it pay-off your friends/cronies. I wouldn't ever put President Obama's intentions in line with anything associated with the CCC, or anything they stood for.
Sorry if it appeared I was implying you didn't know the topic. My post was meant to be informative to those who might not have the grasp or knowledge of the comparisons and were reading the thread and I really don't have a clue as to your knowledge on the subject. I am a fan of that era and am easily baited into commenting about it.

Sorry if it appeared I was implying you didn't know the topic. My post was meant to be informative to those who might not have the grasp or knowledge of the comparisons and were reading the thread and I really don't have a clue as to your knowledge on the subject. I am a fan of that era and am easily baited into commenting about it.

That's cool, I am not a great fan of the era, but then again it was long before my time. I do have memories of my grandfather telling me why the bridges were marked with the CCC stamp in the concrete. Nothing is all bad or good, but the best I can find, the CCC did a lot of good work and served its purpose.

I guess unlike most decent programs of the time, it outgrew either its funding or the desire to keep it going. I personally would have preferred they keep the CCC and ditch a few of the other programs, but that obviously wasn't my choice to make.

LOL Yep, Trump earns every bit of the bad publicity. And he eats it up. He is in the spotlight all the time. And that is where his ego demands that he be, positive or negative. Trump is on a massive narcistic ego trip, and I really don't think that he cares whether he wins or loses as long as he can stay in the spotlight.
You are a blithering idiot.

Trump is not just doing this for his ego, snotface, he is doing to be even wealthier and loved after he leaves office.

IF Trump survives his first four years, dont be shocked if he is a one term President by stepping aside for Pence.

Piers Morgan just pointed out that TODAYS New York Times has six (6) negative news stories, five (5) negative letters, and two (2) negative opinion pieces.
Note that accused rapist Donald Trump is juggling many controversies this past week. Only makes sense that each controversy will get articles and opinion pieces from many reporters/columnists.
manufactured controversies aka lies aka deception.

Hey man I'm all good with it. Really. The majority of people (not the opposition) see through the manufactured controversies. This was to be expected and Reagan cam under pretty heavy fire just as well (not to this extent but close). Goes with the territory. Trump's baptism of fire is in full swing and its not going to let up until he's out of office in 2024.

Piers Morgan just pointed out that TODAYS New York Times has six (6) negative news stories, five (5) negative letters, and two (2) negative opinion pieces.
Note that accused rapist Donald Trump is juggling many controversies this past week. Only makes sense that each controversy will get articles and opinion pieces from many reporters/columnists.

Hey man I'm all good with it. Really. The majority of people (not the opposition) see through the manufactured controversies. This was to be expected and Reagan cam under pretty heavy fire just as well (not to this extent but close). Goes with the territory. Trump's baptism of fire is in full swing and its not going to let up until he's out of office in 2024.

Come on...be honest

Aren't you concerned with Trumps inability to keep his mouth shut?

Come on...be honest

No. When isn't Obama flapping his pie-hole about everything and nothing?

It's really a glorious time to be alive to witness this. This will go down in history and if he wins.....fuggeta bout it.
IF Trump wins expect him to have an airplane accident.
Unfortunately that is something to really think about. Maybe not a plane accident, but some other random accident, heart attack or god forbid assassination.

He's fucking with the globalist, the VERY rich and powerful, special interests, lobbyists and widespread DC corruption. He's really put himself in a very dangerous position. A lot of dark and corrupt mother fuckers will be impacted by a Trump presidency and that has me concerned for his safety.

Come on...be honest

I don't see Obama getting into any trouble. He is the more popular than any period of his presidency

Trump on the other hand stumbles from one self imposed crisis to the next

Come on...be honest

Not at all. I'd much rather he take on the lies head on, than sit back and get punched around. A lot is at stake RW. Hillary can hide and let the media do her bidding but Trump is really flying solo on this one. Sure he has his surrogates but they are vastly outnumbered every night. Panels are always stacked against him. Again, no complaints but we really must address the reality. Just as a stated in the OP, he has his hands full with the "mob".

Come on...be honest

I don't see Obama getting into any trouble. He is the more popular than any period of his presidency

Trump on the other hand stumbles from one self imposed crisis to the next

The only ones bitching are the establishment GOPS that can;t stand him anyway and the Dems.

He hasn't said anything that outrageous.. we're just used to PC bullshit. Granted, his filter is a little leaky, but it always has been.

Come on...be honest

Not at all. I'd much rather he take on the lies head on, than sit back and get punched around. A lot is at stake RW. Hillary can hide and let the media do her bidding but Trump is really flying solo on this one. Sure he has his surrogates but they are vastly outnumbered every night. Panels are always stacked against him. Again, no complaints but we really must address the reality. Just as a stated in the OP, he has his hands full with the "mob".

What lies?
The media is playing back what Trump says. People are not picking on him, Trumps wounds are self inflicted

Any other politician would have known to respond "He is entitled to his opinion" when asked about the Khans. It would have been over in 45 minutes. But Trump has to retaliate, that is his nature. He took a minor cut and turned it into a gaping wound

I can easily buy the idea that the media (or, at least, television media) are biased for Clinton. Having said that, though, Trump says a lot of ridiculous things, particularly in a presidential candidate.

I don't want to promote the idea that personality is more important than policy, but damn, Trump just doesn't seem to have much of a filter between his brain and his mouth. It isn't just that he refuses to be PC, he often doesn't seem to put much consideration at all into what he says.

The media may be biased against Trump, but he also provides plenty of fodder.

Sure, there is a stink of corruption around Clinton (real or imagined), but that's not really new. Politicians being corrupt is pretty much a summary of the history of politics. Trump's off-the-cuff, blurt whatever pops into his head style, on the other hand, is different from what we're used to, so it draws more attention.

I can easily buy the idea that the media (or, at least, television media) are biased for Clinton. Having said that, though, Trump says a lot of ridiculous things, particularly in a presidential candidate.

I don't want to promote the idea that personality is more important than policy, but damn, Trump just doesn't seem to have much of a filter between his brain and his mouth. It isn't just that he refuses to be PC, he often doesn't seem to put much consideration at all into what he says.

Sure, there is a stink of corruption around Clinton (real or imagined), but that's not really new. Politicians being corrupt is pretty much a summary of the history of politics. Trump's off-the-cuff, blurt whatever pops into his head style, on the other hand, is different from what we're used to, so it draws more attention.

The media wants ratings. The latest stupid thing that Trump said gets ratings. Rehashing Hillary Benghazi stories from four years ago is old news

The media wants ratings. The latest stupid thing that Trump said gets ratings. Rehashing Hillary Benghazi stories from four years ago is old news
Birth certificate stories, however, are fresh and exciting.

Birth certificate stories, however, are fresh and exciting.
Now you are getting into Trump territory

Trump needs to a) filter his thoughts before they escape through his pie hole b) stay on point with his policies ... what and how c) relentlessly attack clinton with her lies, many that have video of her lying as back up d) ignore the shit that is being flung at him to garner the response that he just can't seem to help giving e) repeat ad nausea that she will be obama's third term (and Bush's 5th) and that business-as-usual in DC needs to change and he's the guy to change it f) lather, rinse, repeat.

Forum List

Back