The Way The GOP Can Keep The Senate

Justices often surprise the presidents that appoint them. Earl Warren and William Brennan, the leading forces behind the aggressively liberal court of the 1960s were appointed by Eisenhower. David Souter, whom President George H.W. Bush expected to be a reliable conservative but quickly emerged as anything but that. For some justices, being appointed to the Supreme Court for life becomes an ideological liberator. They no longer need to build a record based on a particular ideology. They can put aside their prejudices and base their vote on their interpretation of the constitution, legal precedent, and the arguments presented. No Supreme Court judge wants to be seen by history and his peers as a reliable liberal or conservative.

I wouldn't be as worried if we have a GOP majority in the Senate. Hillary would be much less likely to appoint anyone pro men in women's showers if she knew he or she would be shot down time and again by the Senate.
You seem to have a real hangup about men in women's showers, however you're certainly correct about a majority of Republicans would make it harder for Hillary to appoint a more liberal judge but who says she's going to appoint a more liberal judge. One thing to keep in mind is there are issues other than how liberal or conservative a nominee is. One being how hard it will be to get the nominee confirmed. Also, no president wants to nominate a judge who will be considered a political hack.

Very simple. Run ads in the contested states on gay marriage and men in women's showers. No other issue. Just the LGBT one. Independents will balk at the idea of a continued complete unchallenged path to those issues with a democrat Senate and Hillary in the Whitehouse. Concede defeat in the ads on POTUS; but push just the idea of holding the Senate just to push back on the LGBT legal freight train.

Bigger than jobs, the destruction of the nuclear family and just basic decency & common sense is the most visceral issue with voters; without them saying so. But it is nevertheless. Jobs is a close second though. But you need not even bring them up to cloud this crystal clear dog whistle. The LGBT issue will save the day.

It WILL work. (Target boycott; even California voted down gay marriage twice; once as recently as 2008...loaded with conservative hispanics)... THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the strategy is to not muddy in other issues. Keep the ads simple, clean and on one point and one point only.

You're welcome.

You must not have been paying attention.

Republicans have lost every social issue they care about .. and you're suggesting that Trump run ads on social issues alone.

Good plan. :0)

Last edited:
From what I have read the HOuse and Senate are safe....which leads me to believe they are lying big time about Hilly leading

You need to get out more.

Republicans Could Lose The Senate Majority
The most likely outcome is a 50-50 split. But with the Clinton-Kaine presidential ticket likely to win, it would become a Democratic majority.
Republicans Could Lose The Senate Majority | Huffington Post

The GOP’s House Majority Is Safe … Right?

From what I have read the HOuse and Senate are safe....which leads me to believe they are lying big time about Hilly leading

The most likely outcome is a 50-50 split. But with the Clinton-Kaine presidential ticket likely to win, it would become a Democratic majority.

No, actually you do "bro".
How much in reparations do you think is "fair" brah?

Trump will ban abortion. He said the 3 judges he would appoint would be pro life.

Even if he did that wouldn't ban abortion.
They would overturn roe v Wade. Stop pretending that's not the end game.

What would ban abortion? I heard him say something about the states. So it would be a states rights issue?

Here is my problem with slimy Republicans and I'll give you a good example. GOP gov Rick Snyder didn't campaign on being a right to work governor. In fact he said he wouldn't, but then he did. Why wasn't he honest about it? Why not put the question on the voters. Do you want to overturn roe v Wade? But they don't do that.
Most conservative candidates don't say they want to overturn Rowe v Wade but rather say they are prolife. The reason can be found in the following graphs. Most Americans do not want abortion banded. However, the number that are prochoice are about equal to the number that are prolife.

lr-ihjzmlkarrrl5ccpy2w.png

sbttydja60o7646hfpkt1q.png

Very simple. Run ads in the contested states on gay marriage and men in women's showers. No other issue. Just the LGBT one. Independents will balk at the idea of a continued complete unchallenged path to those issues with a democrat Senate and Hillary in the Whitehouse. Concede defeat in the ads on POTUS; but push just the idea of holding the Senate just to push back on the LGBT legal freight train.

Bigger than jobs, the destruction of the nuclear family and just basic decency & common sense is the most visceral issue with voters; without them saying so. But it is nevertheless. Jobs is a close second though. But you need not even bring them up to cloud this crystal clear dog whistle. The LGBT issue will save the day.

It WILL work. (Target boycott; even California voted down gay marriage twice; once as recently as 2008...loaded with conservative hispanics)... THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the strategy is to not muddy in other issues. Keep the ads simple, clean and on one point and one point only.

You're welcome.
i don't like your strategy. i want to see the debate between senator cruz and governor pence about a constitutional amendment for term limits. people want trump's senate for that.

Republicans have lost every social issue they care about .. and you're suggesting that Trump run ads on social issues alone.

This thread ISN'T ABOUT TRUMP. Read the title again.

Trump has lost the race. The election for POTUS is at this point a mere formality. This thread is about how Congress can balance out Hillary's choices for this or that. Enough moderate republicans are not going to overturn Roe V Wade. Neither are any Justices they approve of. Since the economy is not something even open for debate at this time (even the staunch GOP know the end is near and some compromise must be made), the only thing left to really rile is the complete destruction of our social norms.

There is one issue that the Trumpees and conservative GOP, as well as blacks, Hispanics and most independents agree on: deranged men do not belong in the women's showers...locker rooms or bathrooms.. Pitch that as a GOP issue, pitch it now, pitch it HARD and watch the Congress remain in the hands of republicans...

Last edited:
They would overturn roe v Wade. Stop pretending that's not the end game.

Of course, that's their end game. That doesn't ban abortion, though.

What would ban abortion? I heard him say something about the states. So it would be a states rights issue?

Yes and the vast majority of states wouldn't do it.
That's what you think.

It's what I know

How many gop governors are there out of 50?

Roughly 30, I believe. Not all of them have Republican legislatures and even if they did it doesn't mean they would sign off on an abortion ban
Trump told you he'd appoint anti abortion judges.

I knew you weren't really voting Gary Johnson. Look at you defending trump. Or maybe this is you convincing yourself that it'll be OK if trump wins? Are you thinking about becoming a trumpet?

I already voted for Gary Johnson. Early voting started in Nevada today. I am simply correcting your ignorance on Roe
I have to thank you for not voting for trump. Its the least you could do.

Who did you vote for Senate house and or governor? Did you vote for McCain?

Trump has lost the race. The election for POTUS is at this point a mere formality. This thread is about how Congress can balance out Hillary's choices for this or that. Enough moderate republicans are not going to overturn Roe V Wade. Neither are any Justices they approve of. Since the economy is not something even open for debate at this time (even the staunch GOP know the end is near and some compromise must be made), the only thing left to really rile is the complete destruction of our social norms.

There is one issue that the Trumpees and conservative GOP, as well as blacks, Hispanics and most independents agree on: deranged men do not belong in the women's showers...locker rooms or bathrooms.. Pitch that as a GOP issue, pitch it now, pitch it HARD and watch the Congress remain in the hands of republicans...
I really don't understand your fixation on men in women's showers.

I really don't understand your fixation on men in women's showers.
It isn't just mine. That's what you need to 'get'.... Let me know when you're done playing dumb Floppy...
First off, same sex locker rooms have nothing to do with this thread. Furthermore, they are not issues in this campaign. There are at least a dozen other issue more important to voters. The only statement the Clinton campaign has made on the issue is the very vague one, As president, Hillary Clinton will fight to make sure all Americans can live their lives free from discrimination.”

Last edited:
First off, same sex locker rooms have nothing to do with this thread. Furthermore, they are not issues in this campaign. There are at least a dozen other issue more important to voters.

Same sex locker rooms? I'm talking about deranged MEN in WOMEN'S locker rooms, showers etc. That's not "same sex". There may be other important issues to this or that bloc of voters partitionally...but there is one issue that galvanizes at a gut level across evangelicals, Trumpees, moderates and indepedents (and many otherwise silent dems too). That is the INSANITY of letting men in women's rooms.

The point for the GOP is to pick THE ONE ISSUE that galvanizes the best. And that one issue is; 99% of voters visceral-rejection of men using women's rooms. It's about the GOP doing the math on bringing the stray sheep home to win and hold the Senate....and to stay around as a live, viable political party into the future.

Last edited:
Of course, that's their end game. That doesn't ban abortion, though.

Yes and the vast majority of states wouldn't do it.
That's what you think.

It's what I know

How many gop governors are there out of 50?

Roughly 30, I believe. Not all of them have Republican legislatures and even if they did it doesn't mean they would sign off on an abortion ban
Trump told you he'd appoint anti abortion judges.

I knew you weren't really voting Gary Johnson. Look at you defending trump. Or maybe this is you convincing yourself that it'll be OK if trump wins? Are you thinking about becoming a trumpet?

I already voted for Gary Johnson. Early voting started in Nevada today. I am simply correcting your ignorance on Roe
I have to thank you for not voting for trump. Its the least you could do.

Who did you vote for Senate house and or governor? Did you vote for McCain?

McCain is Arizona. I voted for Joe Heck for Senate. He is running for Harry Reid's open seat. I voted for an independent candidate for House. We don't have a gubernatorial election this year

No, actually you do "bro".
How much in reparations do you think is "fair" brah?

I'm not a fan of reparations Jethro .. but if reparations were possible, YOU and your right-wing bimbos have had a big hand in making that happen. You idiots just elected Hillary Clinton AND handed her 3-4 appointments to the Supreme Court .. with Obama possibly being one of them. Maybe you should ask Obama if he likes reparations. He might be sitting in judgement of their legality and possibility .. thanks to you. :0)

If you think that's a good plan, you should go with it, but republicans aren't very good with social issues or logic.

If you think blacks, Hispanics and many others are going to vote for republicans on bathroom issues .. that may indeed seem logical to you, but it isn't. The issues that blacks and Hispanics are voting on have nothing to do with what happens in a bathroom.

If you need Hispanic votes, best to talk about immigration.

If you need black votes, best to talk about police terrorism and misconduct.

You don't have to talk about either of those issues .. just don't fool yourself into believing they're going to vote for republicans. They aren't.

Forum List

Back