🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The WEIRD political hypocrisy of this board.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.
Remember how angry pseudocons would get whenever someone would claim Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq?

Notice how they have gone totally silent about that now that they have elected one of the cut-and-run peaceniks who demanded Dubya be impeached for lying about WMDs?

So...yeah.

The Bushes are Halfacrats. Both 41 and 43 supported many conservative ideas but were married to the globalist New World Odor shit.

Romney is of the same school, and single-handedly lost the 2012 election by letting Candy Crowley rough him up at the last debate.

All three were supported by the right because the alternatives were unacceptable.

I hated the entire fucking Bush Family

Remember how angry pseudocons would get whenever someone would claim Bush lied about WMDs in Iraq?

Notice how they have gone totally silent about that now that they have elected one of the cut-and-run peaceniks who demanded Dubya be impeached for lying about WMDs?

So...yeah.

Umm ... yeah.

While I do agree with your statement there is some rationale to the situation which I’d like to include in this discussion. The element of available options. When you support one candidate who is being opposed by another you use the tools available to promote your guy and discourage support of the other guy. Romney, McCain, and Bush were all against Obama so Obama supporters were against them. Those guys are all moderate voices when compared to Trump so many Obama fans would stand with the RMBs in a trump battle.

It’s like broccoli. Normally I’d say no thanks I’ll eat something else. But if I was starving and my choice was broccoli or a piece of dog shit. I’d happily eat the broccoli and would probably really like it.

The left still very much despises Dubya, though he makes Trump look like a saint. I don’t recall any hate of H.W.

I hated the entire fucking Bush Family
Starting in 2008

He DIDN'T! He used the same Intel as Clinton. Stop the hypocricy
Tell that to Trump.

TRUMP: When [Pelosi] first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush . It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

BLITZER: To impeach him?

TRUMP: For the war. For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies!

So...yeah.

Tell that to Trump.

TRUMP: When [Pelosi] first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I'm very impressed by her. I think she's a very impressive person, I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush . It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office. Which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing.

TRUMP: For the war. For the war! Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies!

So...yeah.
I don't blindly follow Trump. Apparently, you do -- selectively

If they are part of the Deep State and Establishment and are against Trump in any way, The Left will hate him. So will The Establishment Right.

When you have a guy in office you cannot control and who refuses to be your puppet, the corrupt politicians on both sides of the isle will oppose him and support anyone else who even looks even in the slightest bit to oppose him.

No liberals thought that the right wing in the U.S. would turn as extreme as it has. The idea of a Trump presidency existed only in a comedy show named 'The Simpsons'. It is an utter absurdity.

The left hasn't changed much, true Republicans like the Bushs, McCain and Romney seem a whole lot more reasonable than the wack job that's our current President.

The fact that all the Trumpbots now despise the Bushs, McCain and Romney shows how far off the deep end they've gone. There is something seriously wrong with these people!

Tell that to Trump.

So...yeah.
I don't blindly follow Trump. Apparently, you do -- selectively
The last thing I do is "follow" Trump. I trust him about as much as I trust any pathological liar or huckster.

Who persisted in that belief?

Only pseudocons. They would get very angry and spew spittle all over this forum any time anyone suggested there were no WMDs in Iraq.

Shit, man, they even insisted that Syria's WMDs had come from Saddam Hussein!!! Any time, anywhere any WMDs popped up in the world, "See? Those came from Saddam!" :lol:

Right up to the day Trump was elected.

Then they suddenly stopped. Just. Like. That.

No liberals thought that the right wing in the U.S. would turn as extreme as it has. The idea of a Trump presidency existed only in a comedy show named 'The Simpsons'. It is an utter absurdity.

The left hasn't changed much, true Republicans like the Bushs, McCain and Romney seem a whole lot more reasonable than the wack job that's our current President.

The fact that all the Trumpbots now despise the Bushs, McCain and Romney shows how far off the deep end they've gone. There is something seriously wrong with these people!
The wild card that Trump has brought into the arena are the people who are angry and bitter at our government and politicians from both parties. Trump is a big messy Fuck You to all those people and his base loves it. It actually makes sense if you think about it. The unfortunate part is it seems these people care more about the “Fuck You” than promoting a healthy and productive state of affairs.

1. George H.W. Bush was our last Diplomatic President.

He was from the Old School GOP of Ike and Nixon and not whatever this is today.

2. My dislike for George W. Bush was how he dealt with the War on Terror.

Never once did I agree with his invasion of Iraq and felt the removal of Saddam would lead to Iran growth.

I felt Pakistan was and still is more of a threat.

3. You can review my comments and notice I have defended Obama and even Trump.

Just because I dislike the two of them does not mean I will not defend them when the other side is wrong.

Final note:

George H.W. Bush was a great diplomat.

Bill Clinton is the guy you go to Bangkok with.

George W. Bush is the guy you watch football with and have a beer but do not discuss politics with him.

Barack Obama is the guy you just do not care what he has to say.

Donald Trump is the key you watch your daughters around because like Bill that man is too horny...

Just my take...

Forum List

Back