The WEIRD political hypocrisy of this board.

Anyone.

Show me a single topic started by someone claiming to be a conservative in which they condemn Trump's massive debts. Show me someone condemning Trump's RECORD SPENDING.

Anyone posting in, or reading, this topic. Go ahead.

Guess what you are going to find.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.
This is consistently the case, the Republican and Democrat party voters only support ideas as long as their party is the one in favor of it. I can sum up their positions for you, though; Bigger Government. It's the only constant from beginning to end.
Think right sized Government

I am not sure I would call it hypocrisy when one's views or perspective change. We live in the moment. With the passage of time one can look back with more objectivity on a presidential administration. You combine that with the rightward shift in the country since Reagan which accelerated after 41 left office and you will have changes in perspectives. What was right before is now left. What was fringe is now mainstream.

W. may be the exception when it comes to a different view of his administration. as the more that comes out about WMD the more obvious it is that he was either lied or was duped into the war. The war utterly destroyed what semblance of order there was in the Middle East. W's saving grace as far as legacy goes is Trump.

Trump makes W. look wise and sane. That is a chimera though. W. like Trump was not prepared for the office either mentally or emotionally. To that degree history will be comparing the two for generations to come.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

i dont hate bush but he was a big anti gun guy

and for that i didnt like his polices then

The far left started to like the Bush's again when Jeb and the rest of the clan opposed Trump. Suddenly the Bush's were "transformed" from scum of the earth...to moderate voices of reason!
I respect Bush 43 as an individual. I think he is a fine family man, loving husband and wanted what was best for the country. He was just extremely inept as a president

I have always considered McCain to be an American hero and a politician who put his country first. I just thought he sold out to the extreme conservatives at the end of his career

I also respected Bob Dole, Bush 41 and Mitt Romney

I have no such admiration for Trump as an individual, a leader or as a family man

It has nothing to do with politics

Wait a minute...did you REALLY just claim that you "respected" George W. Bush? Wow...I'm amazed that a lightning bolt didn't come down out of the sky and fry your lying ass for THAT one, Winger!
I think he is a wonderful father, I admire his daughters and wife

I just feel he made a horrible President

Hardcore partisan ideology is an affliction, an infection.

What you describe is one of its primary symptoms.

Kudos on thinking for yourself.

The wild card that Trump has brought into the arena are the people who are angry and bitter at our government and politicians from both parties. Trump is a big messy Fuck You to all those people and his base loves it. It actually makes sense if you think about it. The unfortunate part is it seems these people care more about the “Fuck You” than promoting a healthy and productive state of affairs.

Exactly who is offering an agenda that would lead to "a healthy and productive state of affairs"?

Except for hate, stagnation, decline, chaos, and a surrender of national sovereignty to the UN, the democrooks offer more Nanny State "fixes" to the shit the government continues to fuck up. The solution just might be less Nanny State, and the only people even pretending to promote that are republicrats. It's too bad the only one who has actually rolled back any of the insane regressive shit is Trump.

That isn't a "fuck you"....

It's a "LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!!!!"

The far left started to like the Bush's again when Jeb and the rest of the clan opposed Trump. Suddenly the Bush's were "transformed" from scum of the earth...to moderate voices of reason!
I respect Bush 43 as an individual. I think he is a fine family man, loving husband and wanted what was best for the country. He was just extremely inept as a president

I have always considered McCain to be an American hero and a politician who put his country first. I just thought he sold out to the extreme conservatives at the end of his career

I have no such admiration for Trump as an individual, a leader or as a family man

Wait a minute...did you REALLY just claim that you "respected" George W. Bush? Wow...I'm amazed that a lightning bolt didn't come down out of the sky and fry your lying ass for THAT one, Winger!

In what way was Bush a "horrible" President?

I am not sure I would call it hypocrisy when one's views or perspective change. We live in the moment. With the passage of time one can look back with more objectivity on a presidential administration. You combine that with the rightward shift in the country since Reagan which accelerated after 41 left office and you will have changes in perspectives. What was right before is now left. What was fringe is now mainstream.

W. may be the exception when it comes to a different of his administration. as the more that comes out about WMD the more obvious it is that he was either lied or was duped into the war. The war utterly destroyed what semblance of order there was in the Middle East. W's saving grace as far as legacy goes is Trump.

Trump makes W. look wise and sane. That is a chimera though. W. like Trump was not prepared for the office either mentally or emotionally. To that degree history will be comparing the two for generations to come.
As much as I despise Trump, I don’t think he made as many disastrous blunders as Bush

As a human being, Trump is not in the class of any Bush

I admired Bush post 9-11 but think he took his mandate too far and brought us in to two disastrous wars that upset the balance of power in the region
He also engaged in torture which I can’t forgive
He brought us into the worst recession in 75 years which collapsed our economy
He passed two inexcusable tax cuts while we were engaged in war

W. may be the exception when it comes to a different of his administration. as the more that comes out about WMD the more obvious it is that he was either lied or was duped into the war. The war utterly destroyed what semblance of order there was in the Middle East. W's saving grace as far as legacy goes is Trump.

As much as I despise Trump, I don’t think he made as many disastrous blunders as Bush

As a human being, Trump is not in the class of any Bush
I agree with this you. Only W. could invade a country that had nothing to do with 911 ( as a matter of fact, a country that despised religious fundamentalism) and kill tens of thousands but still come across as an amiable fellow.

This is consistently the case, the Republican and Democrat party voters only support ideas as long as their party is the one in favor of it. I can sum up their positions for you, though; Bigger Government. It's the only constant from beginning to end.
Such a thing doesn't exist, because it consistently exhibits tumor-like growth. You either have rapidly expanding, authoritarian government, or you have freedom, and as much as you partyarchs like to pretend there's some kind of sweet spot in between, no such thing exists, because a ruler does not work for you. One who has a collection of thug departments who can hold you at gunpoint while forcing you to conform to their will has no duty to you.

One consistency is that everyone who isn't a bed wetting leftist parasite always held contempt for the KKKLintons, and the Meat Puppet. They may have wavered in the opinions about Bush/Romney but once you hate a moonbat, that doesn't seem to go away. I know for a while I thought Romney would be OK, and compared to Obozo a hemorrhoid is preferable. I liked Bush(s) for a while as well. I still don't HATE them or Romney, I ALWAYS hated McCain though.

Still waiting for a link to a topic started by someone claiming to be a conservative attacking Trump for his RECORD SPENDING...

Such a thing doesn't exist, because it consistently exhibits tumor-like growth. You either have rapidly expanding, authoritarian government, or you have freedom, and as much as you partyarchs like to pretend there's some kind of sweet spot in between, no such thing exists, because a ruler does not work for you. One who has a collection of thug departments who can hold you at gunpoint while forcing you to conform to their will has no duty to you.
It has existed for over 200 years as We the People decide what size government we desire

And yes, government does give us freedom as it has protected civil rights, women’s rights, worker protections, environmental protection and recently gay rights

That is freedom

Bush 41 was fine then and now in my book. I changed my mind on McCain when he and Fiengold introduced CFR, that was it for me, McCain was nothing but a career politician that made it almost impossible for anyone but the incumbent to win, his stupid bill helped launched the Citizens United lawsuit. Just a bad politician. Romney was okay, Trump, I have never liked as a person, I do agree with some of his policies, his spending and tax cuts are very concerning.

Clinton would be the guy to hang with if you wanted a lot of fun. Bush 43 would be the guy to hang out with, have a beer and watch a baseball game. Obama would be the guy to hang out with if you wanted to learn liberal views. Trump, if you wanted to learn to make money, Of the group Bush 43 would be the only guy I'd believe when they told me anything.

Bush 41 was fine then and now in my book. I changed my mind on McCain when he and Fiengold introduced CFR, that was it for me, McCain was nothing but a career politician that made it almost impossible for anyone but the incumbent to win, his stupid bill helped launched the Citizens United lawsuit. Just a bad politician. Romney was okay, Trump, I have never liked as a person, I do agree with some of his policies, his spending and tax cuts are very concerning.

Clinton would be the guy to hang with if you wanted a lot of fun. Bush 43 would be the guy to hang out with, have a beer and watch a baseball game. Obama would be the guy to hang out with if you wanted to learn liberal views. Trump, if you wanted to learn to make money, Of the group Bush 43 would be the only guy I'd believe when they told me anything.
The problem is that Bush 43 doesn't know anything.

Bush 43 was the one who finally woke me up to the fact the GOP was dead. It's because of Bush 43 I stopped voting on the federal level after 2004.

It's been downhill for the party ever since. Every time the fake conservatives hit a new low, I would tell myself, "This has to be the bottom."

And then they would do something even more craven. They would sacrifice yet one more conservative principle on the altar of power.

And then they'd do it again. And again. And again.

I have resolved myself to the fear I may never see the conservative movement recover in my lifetime.

It has existed for over 200 years as We the People decide what size government we desire

And yes, government does give us freedom as it has protected civil rights, women’s rights, worker protections, environmental protection and recently gay rights

That is freedom
We the people decide nothing. The government in the first few decades of its existence violated the very constitution that they claim lists our recognized rights, by blending sentences together in the constitution to decide that they can regulate absolutely everything. What we want or think does not matter, and has never mattered.

Our votes don't even matter, what we vote for has no bearing on what the Electoral College decides, and in fact, they're living proof that the government simply apoints whatever people they want into whatever position they want.

I bet you even think that the government checks and balances itself, despite the fact that each 'branch' is a head on the same hydra. As a matter of fact, they all work towards the same interest, because they're all attached to the same body.

Better yet, when did you consent to being ruled by the government? I never signed the Constitution, so why does the government still steal my money? What legitimate claim do they have to the fruits of anyone's labor? If a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers gathers together and declares themselves the government, does that give them some claim to everyone's money is they so declare it legal?

Have you ever considered why it is that a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers can just declare that they have rights which we do not, and act upon them?

It's a flawed personal trait when you state a fact some posters act accordingly to your delusions when in fact if did not occur

I admired Bush post 9-11 but think he took his mandate too far and brought us in to two disastrous wars that upset the balance of power in the region
He also engaged in torture which I can’t forgive
He brought us into the worst recession in 75 years which collapsed our economy
He passed two inexcusable tax cuts while we were engaged in war

The OP is about the passing of George H. W. Bush, Winger...not W.

Forum List

Back