🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The WEIRD political hypocrisy of this board.

We the people decide nothing. The government in the first few decades of its existence violated the very constitution that they claim lists our recognized rights, by blending sentences together in the constitution to decide that they can regulate absolutely everything. What we want or think does not matter, and has never mattered.

Our votes don't even matter, what we vote for has no bearing on what the Electoral College decides, and in fact, they're living proof that the government simply apoints whatever people they want into whatever position they want.

I bet you even think that the government checks and balances itself, despite the fact that each 'branch' is a head on the same hydra. As a matter of fact, they all work towards the same interest, because they're all attached to the same body.

Better yet, when did you consent to being ruled by the government? I never signed the Constitution, so why does the government still steal my money? What legitimate claim do they have to the fruits of anyone's labor? If a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers gathers together and declares themselves the government, does that give them some claim to everyone's money is they so declare it legal?

Have you ever considered why it is that a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers can just declare that they have rights which we do not, and act upon them?

Yes, We the People decide and Yes, our votes do matter
Thousands of politicians were sent packing in the last election

We have a superior democracy to what our founders envisioned. People have more freedom, more of a voice, more liberty

Our nation and the Government that runs it has evolved and we are all better for it

You clearly didn't listen to the video, or my argument. I pointed out that the Constitution holds no power over the government, nor does it give the government any legitimacy if it did.

You also completely ignored that the electoral college exists, they're never under any obligation to listen to the people, they can easily just decide on any other choice. Even if they are bound by your decision, here are the chances of your vote being decisive by state:

161107_SCI_VoteMatters-Prob_CHART.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Even ignoring all of the aforementioned, you completely neglected to explain what gives the government legitimacy, and how anyone consented to being ruled by these robbers, murderers, and kidnappers. Furthermore, there's evidence that presidents are promoted from within the government, regardless of anything claimed to be the political process: Five Star Trust Origins - FBI Redacted Report

Even ignoring all of the above, how do we know how many votes were placed on which thing? the government counts the votes they can fudge the numbers as much as they like.

Here is a stat that shows what difference your vote makes, if you don't vote:

The above is what it looks like when someone doesn't read your full post.

IGBhj9m.gif

Your point wasn't complicated. Don't kid yourself.

And the her point is missing you…you’re okay. Not only is her argument a ridiculous failure, her video is even more of a joke.

You clearly didn't listen to the video, or my argument. I pointed out that the Constitution holds no power over the government, nor does it give the government any legitimacy if it did.

You also completely ignored that the electoral college exists, they're never under any obligation to listen to the people, they can easily just decide on any other choice. Even if they are bound by your decision, here are the chances of your vote being decisive by state:

Even ignoring all of the aforementioned, you completely neglected to explain what gives the government legitimacy, and how anyone consented to being ruled by these robbers, murderers, and kidnappers. Furthermore, there's evidence that presidents are promoted from within the government, regardless of anything claimed to be the political process: Five Star Trust Origins - FBI Redacted Report

Even ignoring all of the above, how do we know how many votes were placed on which thing? the government counts the votes they can fudge the numbers as much as they like.

IGBhj9m.gif
You're right, it wasn't complicated, which is why it's hilarious that you completely missed, and failed to address, it.
I didn't miss it, and i was making my own point. That point was very clear: the odds of making a difference are even lower, if you do not vote. Your reaction to this is your tantrum, not mine.
My point was not that the odds are too low, my point was that nobody consented to being ruled by these robbers, murderers, and kidnappers, and even if they had, the following still applies:

1: The electoral college is not bound by majority vote
2: The ballots are secret, and the government counts the votes
3: Even if points 1 and 2 were somehow invalidated, the government's rule is not legitimate, as nobody consented, and even if everyone had signed he Constitution to make its rule legitimate, the options are all tyrants anyway, and nobody's platform will match your views.
4: Voting, even if it worked as you fools pretend it does, is just the majority oppressing the minority.

So, yes, my point WAS simple, and still flew over your head.

You also ignored this document entirely, much like the rest of my post, due to your inbelievablyshort attention span: Five Star Trust Origins - FBI Redacted Report
Well, that and your unwillingness to read any evidence which doesn't support your narrative.

IGBhj9m.gif
You're right, it wasn't complicated, which is why it's hilarious that you completely missed, and failed to address, it.
I didn't miss it, and i was making my own point. That point was very clear: the odds of making a difference are even lower, if you do not vote. Your reaction to this is your tantrum, not mine.
My point was not that the odds are too low, my point was that nobody consented to being ruled by these robbers, murderers, and kidnappers, and even if they had, the following still applies:

3: Even if points 1 and 2 were somehow invalidated, the government's rule is not legitimate, as nobody consented, and even if everyone had signed he Constitution to make its rule legitimate, the options are all tyrants anyway, and nobody's platform will match your views.
4: Voting, even if it worked as you fools pretend it does, is just the majority oppressing the minority.

You also ignored this document entirely, much like the rest of my post, due to your inbelievablyshort attention span: Five Star Trust Origins - FBI Redacted Report
Well, that and your unwillingness to read any evidence which doesn't support your narrative.
No, your point did not fly over anyone's head. Again, I simply made my own point. And here you are, whining that I did not engage yours. that's a YOU problem, dude.

We have a superior democracy to what our founders envisioned. People have more freedom, more of a voice, more liberty

Our nation and the Government that runs it has evolved and we are all better for it

IGBhj9m.gif

And the her point is missing you…you’re okay. Not only is her argument a ridiculous failure, her video is even more of a joke.
"Hurr durr, she questioned the official narrative, point and laugh instead of addressing her point."
It has been less than 2 hours, so you didn't check any of my presented evidence, anything you have to say on the matter is just a sperg fit. How about making an argument instead?

IGBhj9m.gif

No, your point did not fly over anyone's head. Again, I simply made my own point. And here you are, whining that I did not engage yours. that's a YOU problem, dude.
I'll just have to break it down, then.
>"Voting isn't legitimate, and even if it was, since all ballots are secret, and the electoral college just picks a person, it doesn't matter."
>"Not with that attitude!"

Yeah, fantastically articulated and logical point.

The question for conservatism is what is "limited federal govt" that a maj would vote for, and why would they vote for it.

More than a supermaj believe limited fed govt is consistent with taxes to prevent poverty for retired workers. More than a maj believe insurers should accept prior conditions (or find another way for those folks to get covered). Obamacare's mandate as to what insurance people actually had to buy was unpopular. It offended the notion that people should exercise free will.

Wall St, and Noquist are NOT for limited govt. One could argue they're even worse than Sanders' notion of free tuition.

Reagan was elected in a time when the maj didn't believe the fed govt was capable of solving what it said could only be solved by the fed govt.

>"Voting isn't legitimate, and even if it was, since all ballots are secret, and the electoral college just picks a person, it doesn't matter."
But I don't agree with your point that it is illegitimate, nor did anything I said imply such a thing. So you just kind of masturbated, there.

Bush 41 was fine then and now in my book. I changed my mind on McCain when he and Fiengold introduced CFR, that was it for me, McCain was nothing but a career politician that made it almost impossible for anyone but the incumbent to win, his stupid bill helped launched the Citizens United lawsuit. Just a bad politician. Romney was okay, Trump, I have never liked as a person, I do agree with some of his policies, his spending and tax cuts are very concerning.

Clinton would be the guy to hang with if you wanted a lot of fun. Bush 43 would be the guy to hang out with, have a beer and watch a baseball game. Obama would be the guy to hang out with if you wanted to learn liberal views. Trump, if you wanted to learn to make money, Of the group Bush 43 would be the only guy I'd believe when they told me anything.
The problem is that Bush 43 doesn't know anything.

Bush 43 was the one who finally woke me up to the fact the GOP was dead. It's because of Bush 43 I stopped voting on the federal level after 2004.

It's been downhill for the party ever since. Every time the fake conservatives hit a new low, I would tell myself, "This has to be the bottom."

And then they would do something even more craven. They would sacrifice yet one more conservative principle on the altar of power.

And then they'd do it again. And again. And again.

I have resolved myself to the fear I may never see the conservative movement recover in my lifetime.

Real conservatives and real liberals don't have a party to represent them.
They used to have both parties

Think right sized Government
Such a thing doesn't exist, because it consistently exhibits tumor-like growth. You either have rapidly expanding, authoritarian government, or you have freedom, and as much as you partyarchs like to pretend there's some kind of sweet spot in between, no such thing exists, because a ruler does not work for you. One who has a collection of thug departments who can hold you at gunpoint while forcing you to conform to their will has no duty to you.
It has existed for over 200 years as We the People decide what size government we desire

And yes, government does give us freedom as it has protected civil rights, women’s rights, worker protections, environmental protection and recently gay rights

That is freedom
We the people decide nothing. The government in the first few decades of its existence violated the very constitution that they claim lists our recognized rights, by blending sentences together in the constitution to decide that they can regulate absolutely everything. What we want or think does not matter, and has never mattered.

Our votes don't even matter, what we vote for has no bearing on what the Electoral College decides, and in fact, they're living proof that the government simply apoints whatever people they want into whatever position they want.

I bet you even think that the government checks and balances itself, despite the fact that each 'branch' is a head on the same hydra. As a matter of fact, they all work towards the same interest, because they're all attached to the same body.

Better yet, when did you consent to being ruled by the government? I never signed the Constitution, so why does the government still steal my money? What legitimate claim do they have to the fruits of anyone's labor? If a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers gathers together and declares themselves the government, does that give them some claim to everyone's money is they so declare it legal?

Have you ever considered why it is that a group of robbers, murderers, and kidnappers can just declare that they have rights which we do not, and act upon them?

I don’t watch RW propaganda videos

What gives our government legitimacy is something We the People call the Constitution
It created a more perfect union

But I don't agree with your point that it is illegitimate, nor did anything I said imply such a thing. So you just kind of masturbated, there.
I said it doesn't matter and cited evidence, which you did not refute, you DID essentially say 'Not with that attitude'. If you're not going to refute any of my points or even click through my citations, then there's no reason for you to respond.

What do you believe gives the State legitimacy?

IGBhj9m.gif
Your point of view is simplistic, I hate everything rhetoric

You will grow out of it someday

I said it doesn't matter and cited evidence, which you did not refute,
Because I don't feel compelled to refute it, as its support and proof for your claim is sstill only your opinion. I really don't think you're getting this. No, whining is not helping. I simply reject your take as idiotic. If you take that personally, that's your problem.

Such a thing doesn't exist, because it consistently exhibits tumor-like growth. You either have rapidly expanding, authoritarian government, or you have freedom, and as much as you partyarchs like to pretend there's some kind of sweet spot in between, no such thing exists, because a ruler does not work for you. One who has a collection of thug departments who can hold you at gunpoint while forcing you to conform to their will has no duty to you.
It has existed for over 200 years as We the People decide what size government we desire

And yes, government does give us freedom as it has protected civil rights, women’s rights, worker protections, environmental protection and recently gay rights

That is freedom

What gives our government legitimacy is something We the People call the Constitution

"RW propaganda" pfffthahaha. I'm an Anarchist, the Rightwingers support the state, just like you do. It's not propaganda, it explains why the state is illigitimate by explaining objective facts. If you're not going to look through my evidence, you can't refute my point, so you're essentially just here to parrot your false narrative.

Did you sign the Constitution to consent being ruled? No, you didn't, and neither did anyone else besides the people who declared that they have the right to rule us. So, no, we the people did not give them legitimacy, and that's something explained in that video which you refuse to watch.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

This is FAR too global and encompassing a statement.
I never liked Bush 1 or 2. Many Conservatives like me saw through him and got it that they were elitist / Globalists

The question for conservatism is what is "limited federal govt" that a maj would vote for, and why would they vote for it.

More than a supermaj believe limited fed govt is consistent with taxes to prevent poverty for retired workers. More than a maj believe insurers should accept prior conditions (or find another way for those folks to get covered). Obamacare's mandate as to what insurance people actually had to buy was unpopular. It offended the notion that people should exercise free will.

Wall St, and Noquist are NOT for limited govt. One could argue they're even worse than Sanders' notion of free tuition.

Reagan was elected in a time when the maj didn't believe the fed govt was capable of solving what it said could only be solved by the fed govt.
If we thePeople wanted a limited federal government we would have elected representatives who insisted on it

We generally send those nutcases packing

I said it doesn't matter and cited evidence, which you did not refute,
Because I don't feel compelled to refute it, as its support and proof for your claim is sstill only your opinion. I really don't think you're getting this. No, whining is not helping. I simply reject your take as idiotic. If you take that personally, that's your problem.
In other words, you'll only read/watch/listen to things which support your false narrative, hence refusing to look at any of my evidence, you'd rather just parrot the talking points of your masters.

That is freedom

"RW propaganda" pfffthahaha. I'm an Anarchist, the Rightwingers support the state, just like you do. It's not propaganda, it explains why the state is illigitimate by explaining objective facts. If you're not going to look through my evidence, you can't refute my point, so you're essentially just here to parrot your false narrative.

Did you sign the Constitution to consent being ruled? No, you didn't, and neither did anyone else besides the people who declared that they have the right to rule us. So, no, we the people did not give them legitimacy, and that's something explained in that video which you refuse to watch.

Anarchist while you live with mommy and daddy

How hypocritical

eww

I'm betting Ogunquit is decked out in black crepe today. 41 and the whole family were part of them.

Happy trails, George. We'll keep a lobster roll ready for ya.

IGBhj9m.gif
Your point of view is simplistic, I hate everything rhetoric

You will grow out of it someday
Actually, your point of view is simplistic. You were told that the government is your ruler and that you somehow agreed to it, and you accepted it. Questioning the official narrative is the opposite of simplistic, so your claim is just pure projection. The difference, however, is that you won't grow out of it, you're already an old fart, and you'll probably be licking the government's jackboots until the day you kick the bucket.

Forum List

Back