The words "to bear arms" is a military term

What in the world does anyone need an assault weapon with a high magazine capacity?

Hunting? If you can't hit it in 3 shots or less, you probably won't be eating it.

Protection of your house? See above. Besides, a shotgun works better in cases where someone breaks into your house, and the added benefit is that you won't kill the neighbors across the street if you miss.

Outside of warfare or doing something illegal, why do you need military grade weapons?

Because it adds inches to your cock...

Did John Brown use "a well-regulated militia" to attack Harper's Ferry?

If I walk into the Mexican Embassy and open fire with my .45, demanding that all illegals leave the US and Mexico pay damages to the American people, am I a well regulated militia?

Whats your point? Are you defending slavery?

What in the world does anyone need an assault weapon with a high magazine capacity?

Hunting? If you can't hit it in 3 shots or less, you probably won't be eating it.

Protection of your house? See above. Besides, a shotgun works better in cases where someone breaks into your house, and the added benefit is that you won't kill the neighbors across the street if you miss.

Outside of warfare or doing something illegal, why do you need military grade weapons?

Because it adds inches to your cock...

Now I understand fully why bigrebnc wants a military grade weapon. Forgive me, bub, for not understanding your real concern for your deficiency. Right your congressperson, explain your deficiency, and see if you can get an exception.

10 U.S.C. § 311 : US Code - Section 311: Militia: composition and classes

(b) The classes of the militia are -
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard
and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of
the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the
Naval Militia

U.S. vs. Miller 1939
Conclusion:
No. The Supreme Court reversed the district court, holding that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual the right to keep and bear a sawed- off double barrel shotgun. With Justice James Clark McReynolds writing for the majority, the Court reasoned that because the possession of a sawed-off double barrel shotgun does not have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia, the Second Amendment does not protect the possession of such an instrument.
United States v. Miller, U.S. Supreme Court Case Summary & Oral Argument
The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. 'A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline.' And further, that ordinarily when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.
U.S. v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)

Meaning military grade weapons is a Constitutional right for private citizens to own..

Naval Militia

U.S. vs. Miller 1939
Conclusion:
No. The Supreme Court reversed the district court, holding that the Second Amendment does not guarantee an individual the right to keep and bear a sawed- off double barrel shotgun. With Justice James Clark McReynolds writing for the majority, the Court reasoned that because the possession of a sawed-off double barrel shotgun does not have a reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia, the Second Amendment does not protect the possession of such an instrument.
The signification attributed to the term Militia appears from the debates in the Convention, the history and legislation of Colonies and States, and the writings of approved commentators. These show plainly enough that the Militia comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. 'A body of citizens enrolled for military discipline.' And further, that ordinarily when called for service these men were expected to appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in common use at the time.

Meaning military grade weapons is a Constitutional right for private citizens to own..

The Second Amendment refers to a 'well regulated militia'.
If we go back to the US Code

Naval Militia
Soooo...wouldn't the 'well regulated militia' be the organised militia in clause (1) above?
That being the case they are the National Guard or the Naval Militia which means, as you have said yourself, they can't take their weapons home.

Naval Militia

U.S. vs. Miller 1939
Conclusion:

Naval Militia
Soooo...wouldn't the 'well regulated militia' be the organised militia in clause (1) above?
That being the case they are the National Guard or the Naval Militia which means, as you have said yourself, they can't take their weapons home.

The unorganized militia is not part of the National Guard. Plus U.S. vs. Miller ruled that a weapon had to be a military grade weapon to be protected by the second amendmnet, it had to be of military use and the kind in common use at the time.

Naval Militia

U.S. vs. Miller 1939
Conclusion:

Naval Militia

The unorganized militia is not part of the National Guard. Plus U.S. vs. Miller ruled that a weapon had to be a military grade weapon to be protected by the second amendmnet, it had to be of military use and the kind in common use at the time.
My question, though, is if the unorganised militia would qualify as 'well regulated' under the 2nd Amendment?

My question, though, is if the unorganised militia would qualify as 'well regulated' under the 2nd Amendment?

The unorganized Militia is still a Militia. A well-regulated militia according to U.S. vs. Miller ruling as long as they did not have a sawed off shotgun they were a well regulated militia.

The unorganized Militia is still a Militia. A well-regulated militia according to U.S. vs. Miller ruling as long as they did not have a sawed off shotgun they were a well regulated militia.

It all comes down to whether you have a shortened shotgun or not...really?

Post the relevant part of Miller that clearly states civilians can any military weapon they desire.

Post it, bigreb, or shut up.

It all comes down to whether you have a shortened shotgun or not...really?

Take it any way you want to militias are militia's. U.S. vs. Miller the court ruled a weapon had to be a military grade weapon to be protected by the second amendmnet, it had to be of military use and the kind in common use at the time.

idb I think I will take you off that short ignore list of mine. Now should I go back and read all your comments or do we have a fresh start?

idb I think I will take you off that short ignore list of mine. Now should I go back and read all your comments or do we have a fresh start?

It's entirely up to you, I'm incredibly hurt to find out you've been ignoring me though!

Last edited:

It's entirely up to you, I'm incredibly hurt to find out you've been ignoring me though!

Most of your comments I have ignored, some times I view what you have to say but most of the time I have ignored what you posted.

Most of your comments I have ignored, some times I view what you have to say but most of the time I have ignored what you posted.

Well that's just hurtful!

Forum List

Back