The words "to bear arms" is a military term

The racist is bigrebnc, period. No one else will deny it but him except other known racists. Move out, bigrebnc, you have a klan meeting to attend.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
~ James Madison

Huey P. Newton

"Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment. If the guns are taken out of the hands of the people and only the pigs have guns, then it's off to the concentration camps, the gas chambers, or whatever the fascists in America come up with. One of the democratic rights of the United States, the Second Amendment to the Constitution, gives the people the right to bear arms. However, there is a greater right; the right of human dignity that gives all men the right to defend themselves."

I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.
George W. Bush

George W. Bush
Is this what you are talking about?
Raise legal age for guns to 21; ban certain ammo
Bush said he supported efforts in the Republican-led Congress to raise the legal age for purchase of a handgun to 21 from 18 and to ban large ammunition clips.

If itis the quote must be wrong for two reason.
1. It's already a law in the U.S. That you must be 21 to buy a hand gun.
2. there is no such thing as large ammunition clips Clips only come in 10 rounds or less

George W. Bush
Bush said he supported efforts in the Republican-led Congress to raise the legal age for purchase of a handgun to 21 from 18 and to ban large ammunition clips.

2. there is no such thing as large ammunition clips Clips only come in 10 rounds or less

Haha, I've no idea but it was an excellent quote!

How about;
Our votes must go together with our guns. After all, any vote we shall have, shall have been the product of the gun. The gun which produces the vote should remain its security officer - its guarantor. The people's votes and the people's guns are always inseparable twins.
Robert Mugabe

One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
Vladimir Lenin

There are plenty of quotes from esteemed and respected gents about.

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
Mao Tse-Tung

This is fun.

George W. Bush

Haha, I've no idea but it was an excellent quote!

How about;
Our votes must go together with our guns. After all, any vote we shall have, shall have been the product of the gun. The gun which produces the vote should remain its security officer - its guarantor. The people's votes and the people's guns are always inseparable twins.
Robert Mugabe

One man with a gun can control 100 without one.
Vladimir Lenin

There are plenty of quotes from esteemed and respected gents about.

It was a misquote taken out of context and was inaccurate

If we are attacked we can only defend ourselves with guns not with butter.
Joseph Goebbels

Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat.
Hermann Goering

All fine men...well I'm sure their mothers loved them.

But this is a goody...
The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock?
P. J. O'Rourke

George W. Bush

2. there is no such thing as large ammunition clips Clips only come in 10 rounds or less[/QUOTE]

Really? Wanna talk to Gabby Giffords and Jared Laughtner on that?

George W. Bush

2. there is no such thing as large ammunition clips Clips only come in 10 rounds or less[/QUOTE]

Really? Wanna talk to Gabby Giffords and Jared Laughtner on that?

I'm going against what I said just to bust your chops. You say you were in the military? :lmao:

images

Clips have a limited Capacity no more than ten rounds
30 - 06 Clips
Picture-087.jpg

303 clip
Picture-073.jpg

M1 Garand
enblocks.jpg

SKS
stripper_clips_sks.jpg

Unless you’ve got one of these, your pistol doesn’t take clips:
c96_oleg.jpg

Another militia ruling

Lewis v. United States, 445 U.S. 95 (1980). Lewis recognized -- in summarizing the holding of Miller, supra, as "the Second Amendment guarantees no right to keep and bear a firearm that does not have 'some reasonable relationship to the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia'" (emphasis added) -- that Miller had focused upon the type of firearm. Further, Lewis was concerned only with whether the provision of the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 which prohibits the possession of firearms by convicted felons (codified in 18 U.S.C. 922(g) in 1986) violated the Second Amendment. Thus, since convicted felons historically were and are subject to the loss of numerous fundamental rights of citizenship -- including the right to vote, hold office, and serve on juries -- it was not erroneous for the Court to have concluded that laws prohibiting the possession of firearms by a convicted felon "are neither based upon constitutionally suspect criteria, nor do they trench upon any constitutionally protected liberties."

LEWIS V. UNITED STATES, 445 U. S. 55 :: Volume 445 :: 1980 :: US Supreme Court Cases from Justia & Oyez

Sigh. Miller overturned Lewis, bigrebnc. You always eventually (no pun intended) shoot yourself in the foot. Maybe you really do know that you have no evidence for your position, so you are posting the opposition, then claiming falsely that it supports you. Goebbels would have loved you.

Joseph Goebbels

Hermann Goering

But this is a goody...
The Clinton administration launched an attack on people in Texas because those people were religious nuts with guns. Hell, this country was founded by religious nuts with guns. Who does Bill Clinton think stepped ashore on Plymouth Rock?
P. J. O'Rourke

Religous nuts? Without the help of America you would be a subject of Japan so shut the hell up.

Joseph Goebbels

Hermann Goering

But this is a goody...
P. J. O'Rourke

Religous nuts? Without the help of America you would be a subject of Japan so shut the hell up.

P.J. O'Rourke is one of yours (American) you fool.

The citizens have a right too military grade weapons the superme court has ruled it so.

That was the premise in your OP, but your supporting link contradicted you.

Never happen the superme Court ruled for a firearm to be protected under the second amendment it had to be of use for the militia. Try again New Zealander.

Forum List

Back