The world leaping ahead of us, the U.S. still has no fast trains.

The US could use a little train infrastructure, sure!

How can we get anything like that when all Congress does is waste time going after Trump?
The media could drum up popular support for it but they won't.

They have been trying for years, dude. They never report the bad parts of high speed rail. That is tacit approval. But like has been said before. The railroad is for the peons, the rich people, you know the ones who have convinced you that rail is great, they won't ever be seen on it. They will enjoy the nice wide open roads that you peons can no longer use.

The United States is spending way too much for the defense of other nations...those nations have money for infrastructure and we don't...isn't it time we come home?....the second world war and the Korean war is over....WTF?...we have needs here in America...but for some reason our government thinks we belong in the roll of the worlds police...it would be fine if we were getting compensated but we are not....

We could have nice trains and airports and streets and highways and bridges and decent retirement homes for our elderly....if we would just be a little more America first.....Trump is our best hope...the swamp must be getting rich with the status quo.....because they are fighting him every step of the way....

China's high-speed rail network to surpass 30,000 km in 2019 | gbtimes.com

Chinese-trains.jpg

whats-the-point-S.jpg

The United States is spending way too much for the defense of other nations...those nations have money for infrastructure and we don't...isn't it time we come home?....the second world war and the Korean war is over....WTF?...we have needs here in America...but for some reason our government thinks we belong in the roll of the worlds police...it would be fine if we were getting compensated but we are not....

We could have nice trains and airports and streets and highways and bridges and decent retirement homes for our elderly....if we would just be a little more America first.....Trump is our best hope...the swamp must be getting rich with the status quo.....because they are fighting him every step of the way....

Who do you suggest should fill the vacuum if we pull all our troops out of other countries? When failed former President Barack Hussein Obama pulled all our troops out of Iraq, against his generals advice, the vacuum was filled by ISIS and Russia.

China has the world’s fastest and largest high-speed rail network — more than 19,000 miles, the vast majority of which was built in the past decade. Japan’s bullet trains can reach nearly 200 miles per hour and date to the 1960s. They have moved more than 9 billion people without a single passenger causality. France began service of the high-speed TGV train in 1981 and the rest of Europe quickly followed.

But the U.S. has no true high-speed trains, aside from sections of Amtrak’s Acela line in the Northeast Corridor. The Acela can reach 150 mph for only 34 miles of its 457-mile span. Its average speed between New York and Boston is about 65 mph. California’s high-speed rail system is under construction, but whether it will ever get completed as intended is uncertain.

Sadly, the US is falling light years behind China.

Our nation is too large to be traveled by train, even high-speed train.

But that's OK, we have this wonderful invention called airplanes, invented by Americans Orville and Wilbur Wright.

Who do you suggest should fill the vacuum if we pull all our troops out of other countries? When failed former President Barack Hussein Obama pulled all our troops out of Iraq, against his generals advice, the vacuum was filled by ISIS and Russia.

And who was it that invaded Iraq in the first place?

Only liberals care about fast trains. If they're built, no one will ride on them and they will lose billions of dollars.

China has the world’s fastest and largest high-speed rail network — more than 19,000 miles, the vast majority of which was built in the past decade. Japan’s bullet trains can reach nearly 200 miles per hour and date to the 1960s. They have moved more than 9 billion people without a single passenger causality. France began service of the high-speed TGV train in 1981 and the rest of Europe quickly followed.

But the U.S. has no true high-speed trains, aside from sections of Amtrak’s Acela line in the Northeast Corridor. The Acela can reach 150 mph for only 34 miles of its 457-mile span. Its average speed between New York and Boston is about 65 mph. California’s high-speed rail system is under construction, but whether it will ever get completed as intended is uncertain.

Trains.......really? They were, maybe, cool in the 1900s......but the future is robot cars that you rent, not buy, and take you where you want to go on demand.......trains are the way the government tries to control the population...where they can go and when...

No, I won't. China is a giant ant farm. You should go. You might like it. You seem to be a fairly slow individual. Ant farms are great for slow people.
As I gear up for the Reno Air races yet again, I reflected on how much I would rather be out flying than babysitting a bunch of progressive silly people. So, flying I will be doing, and whining you will be doing, but I won't be bothering to listen!:laugh:

So treat the rest of the staff well, and feel free to keep flaming me, as I will stop in from time to time, but y'all try and be civil to one another!:cheers2: because ultimately we are all Americans.
Just as I suspected - another egotistical hypocrite and a fake patriot.

Last edited:

Beautiful clean coal

On Friday, I'm flying from Las Vegas to Reno and back in one day. Couldn't do that on a train, even a fast train.

So, what you're asking people to do is slow down when you ask them to ride a fast train.

Forum List

Back