The Youth Vote In My Swing State

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Our mid-20s, adult children live in different parts of Michigan and both have a wide circle of friends. They report, unprompted, that their friends/acquaintances are saying they simply cannot afford to vote for Biden because they cannot afford to live.

Of course, not all of these young people will vote for Trump. But they don't need to. All they need to do is not show up to vote for Biden.

Anecdotal? Sure. But that's probably as valid as any polls right now.

Our mid-20s, adult children live in different parts of Michigan and both have a wide circle of friends. They report, unprompted, that their friends/acquaintances are saying they simply cannot afford to vote for Biden because they cannot afford to live.

Of course, not all of these young people will vote for Trump. But they don't need to. All they need to do is not show up to vote for Biden.

Thats some really interesting news. I had not thought about the young college age students not being able to afford survival. I did hear on the radio while driving that Gen Z is in a large amount of credit card debt - more than any other generations before them. They are apparently charging everything

Yep they may not vote for orange man bad ...they may just stay home

I think the group of people he's really trying to move right now are those voters who voted for Biden in 2020, but are now sitting on the fence or saying maybe they're voting for third party. We did some polling in battleground states. About 18 percent of Biden voters in those battleground states are not supporting Biden this time around.

Thats some really interesting news. I had not thought about the young college age students not being able to afford survival. I did hear on the radio while driving that Gen Z is in a large amount of credit card debt - more than any other generations before them. They are apparently charging everything

To be fair they are both out of college now and in professional jobs. Thirty some years ago, I could easily afford a nice apt in MI on a beginning teacher's salary. They have to have roommates to afford just an apt with good jobs. This is not their fault; it's the Biden economy.

Yep they may not vote for orange man bad ...they may just stay home

To be clear, my kids are both solid Trump voters this time around. (And no, liberals, I'm their mom, I don't browbeat them about politics. We hardly talk about it; this is just what they've offered up). But they report that none of their friends are supporting Biden, even if they don't support Trump either. So that translates to voter motivation.....

To be clear, my kids are both solid Trump voters this time around. (And no, liberals, I'm their mom, I don't browbeat them about politics. We hardly talk about it; this is just what they've offered up). But they report that none of their friends are supporting Biden, even if they don't support Trump either. So that translates to voter motivation.....
Maybe the debate will swing the pendulum one way or the other for them. Trump should just let Biden talk... tell Americans why they are suffering and why women are being raped and murdered by the illegals he let in.

Maybe the debate will swing the pendulum one way or the other for them. Trump should just let Biden talk... tell Americans why they are suffering and why women are being raped and murdered by the illegals he let in.

I never put THAT much faith in Trump but he does seem a little less prone to fumbles this time around. He's clearing winning right now and I hope and pray he keeps focused tonight....IF the debate even happens. We will see.

I think one of the greatest fears the elites have is to get no votes as they continue to be propped up by Soros and company.

It shows the world they have zero legitimacy.

I don't consider it anecdotal when polls have shown this all over the country.

Forum List

Back