🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

I find the 'four corners of the earth' to be much more poetic than 'from over here to over there'.......some just seem to lack a sense of drama.......

The desperation is palpable! :lol:

The fact that from any elevated vantage point the horizon appears as a circle is not evidence that "the bible says the earth is round". It is merely an observation of what the view is like up there. It would take the inquiring mind of a scientist to make the connection between the observed circle and the moon. There is no such connection demonstrated in that verse.

Apparently you don't comprehend the meaning of desperation either. You have confused it with confidence. :bye1:
Unless Isaiah was an astronaut he saw the same horizon that everyone else back then saw. There is a reason why civilization thought the earth was flat. Because the horizon looked flat. Stand as they would have, on shore and look at the horizon. Unless you're going to tell me they all went up on a hill and had an epiphany. While everyone was screaming flat, God was saying round.
When civilization was saying 3 dimensions, God was saying nope. When we said 4, God said, "nope". Now that we are "enlightened", we say ten or more dimensions, and God laughs and says, "You're getting closer". And before science gets to smug, God told us the attributes of the dimensions He created.
What to know what dimensions can do, or do you want to wait for Ha Ha Hawking?

Hollie, Science confirms the Bible, not the other way around. Want Science? Nachmanides.......

How remarkable. A Christian ministry chooses to defend the bibles.

We don't have to defend the Bible, <(no s) science does it for us. Again, Nachmanides, Hollie.
Oh LOOK! Time is a dimension. Who knew! lol. Oh LOOK, Life is in the blood! Who knew!
Blood let that.........

Oh shit Hollie, one of your most acclaimed scientists, gravity and all:

Isaac Newton, in his famous scientific work, Principia, stated, "The most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion on an intelligent and powerful Being."

Crap Hollie who ya going to trust?
Einstein (you trust him right?) realized time had a beginning! Then there's God: Time had a beginning 2 Timothy 1:9, Titus 1:2, 1 Corinthians 2:72

The universe is expanding!! WHO KNEW! Job 9:8, Psalm 104:2, Isaiah 40:22, Isaiah 42:5, Isaiah 44:24, Isaiah 45:12, Isaiah 48:13, Isaiah 51:13, Jeremiah 10:12, Jeremiah 51:15, Zechariah 12:16

oops! The universe is winding down and will "wear out" (second law of thermodynamics ensures that the universe will run down due to "heat death"-maximum entropy) Psalm 102:25-278

The nerve of uneducated Job:
Light is in motion Job 38:19-2012

Then there's stupid unscientific Jeremiah:
The physical laws are constant Jeremiah 31:35-3617

How sad you have to wait on science...........

Atheists are met with hostility because it exposes theists bullshit and that makes them mad, mad, MAD!!!!

Are you saying people get angry if their lies are exposed. Perhaps that explains why so many Christians are persecuted.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
(John 15:18-19 KJV)

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
(John 15:22-25 KJV)

Last edited:

We don't have to defend the Bible, <(no s) science does it for us. Again, Nachmanides, Hollie.
Oh LOOK! Time is a dimension. Who knew! lol. Oh LOOK, Life is in the blood! Who knew!
Blood let that.........

What "modern" science took millions of dollars to discover through particle accelerators and the like, Nachmanides pointed out from reading that "old" book called the Bible.

You people need a life.

I've got life...

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
(John 20:31 KJV)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
(John 10:10 KJV)

Do you?

And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
(John 5:40 KJV)

Last edited:
AtheistBuddah, post: 9712385, member: 49804
Below, I have posted a link to a video I recently watched that I feel gives a good explanation for the hostility that many theists have towards atheists and why they often feel threatened by our nonbelief. My purpose for posting it here is to encourage others here to watch it and then post some of their own explanations of why they think atheists are so hated.

I don't need to watch your propaganda. Christians aren't threatened by disbelief. If anything we feel sorry for you. We know where you're bound.

Your utter refusal to even consider the alternative side of the argument only proves many of the points I've been making about the nature of faith.

I kind of like the concept of us Atheists claiming that we ARE a religion! We can build buildings, have weekly parties, invest in real estate, and it would all be tax free!!!!!!

I wish they'd turn the thank you button back into a like button because it would be more appropriate for how I feel toward this post haha.

And, it's too hard for you to type "I like your post"?

Yeah but a button is so much more convenient. I mean facebook has one and so does youtube and those two internet giants obviously know what they're doing. Just sayin, this site could use work. They mainly just need to stop changing shit all the time.

Below, I have posted a link to a video I recently watched that I feel gives a good explanation for the hostility that many theists have towards atheists and why they often feel threatened by our nonbelief. My purpose for posting it here is to encourage others here to watch it and then post some of their own explanations of why they think atheists are so hated.

I don't need to watch your propaganda. Christians aren't threatened by disbelief. If anything we feel sorry for you. We know where you're bound.

Your utter refusal to even consider the alternative side of the argument only proves many of the points I've been making about the nature of faith.

Everyone has faith in something. Our faith is in God. Your faith is in man. Personally, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Have you considered the alternative side? Not reading slanted articles, but actually considered the truth?

Buddah, My utter refusal to accept your argument comes from considering the alternative and finding it useless. Your points prove absolutely nothing. I'm with Newton on this one. I think he's smarter than you are.

???....how many times do we have to reject the same false arguments before we can be excused for refusing to look?.......

I kind of like the concept of us Atheists claiming that we ARE a religion! We can build buildings, have weekly parties, invest in real estate, and it would all be tax free!!!!!!

I wish they'd turn the thank you button back into a like button because it would be more appropriate for how I feel toward this post haha.

And, it's too hard for you to type "I like your post"?

Yeah but a button is so much more convenient. I mean facebook has one and so does youtube and those two internet giants obviously know what they're doing. Just sayin, this site could use work. They mainly just need to stop changing shit all the time.
why not just "thank" the post......what I miss is the "you're a silly bastard" button......

Atheists are met with hostility because it exposes theists bullshit and that makes them mad, mad, MAD!!!!

Are you saying people get angry if their lies are exposed. Perhaps that explains why so many Christians are persecuted.

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
(John 15:18-19 KJV)

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
(John 15:22-25 KJV)
Christians are being persecuted? If you mean by ISIS, that hardly counts, they kill everyone who doesn't obey them, even Muslims.
But otherwise, Christians aren't being persecuted, you're just delusional. But we knew that already. :D

I find the 'four corners of the earth' to be much more poetic than 'from over here to over there'.......some just seem to lack a sense of drama.......
I've always thought talking snakes to be more poetic than

Blood let that.........
...talking snakes.... dead men rising... all confirmed by science.

Blood let that.........

What "modern" science took millions of dollars to discover through particle accelerators and the like, Nachmanides pointed out from reading that "old" book called the Bible.
Um, just to clarify, that "old" book was connected with Hebrew scripture, you know, the stuff co-opted by Christianity.

Christianity owes a ton of cash penalties for copyright infringement.

See what I mean? Snakes don't talk. But spirits do. And they can inhabit anyone or thing.
We have eyewitness accounts of Christ's return 3 days after He was crucified. They were there, you weren't.
I went to dinner with friends last night, but it has yet to be confirmed by science.

See what I mean? Snakes don't talk. But spirits do. And they can inhabit anyone or thing.
We have eyewitness accounts of Christ's return 3 days after He was crucified. They were there, you weren't.
I went to dinner with friends last night, but it has yet to be confirmed by science.
Eyewitness accounts written several generations minimum after the events. Please stop pretending that these are actual eyewitness accounts, you know they aren't.

Forum List

Back