🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Theories on Why Atheists are met with Hostility

Your argument is with the various men who wrote the bibles. How comically tragic that the "word of the gods" is so rife with errors, omissions and contradictions.

It is? Since when? The examples provided are what is known as poetic license, I suggest you look it up so you understand what we are talking about in the future.

Your argument is with the various men who wrote the bibles. How comically tragic that the "word of the gods" is so rife with errors, omissions and contradictions.

It is? Since when? The examples provided are what is known as poetic license, I suggest you look it up so you understand what we are talking about in the future.
Well, I suppose for you fundies, flimsy excuses such as "poetic license" will suffice as an excuse for errors, omissions and contradictions.

There are no accounts that anyone saw hey-zeus rise from the dead.

Simply parroting the nonsensical claims you were told gives no one confidence that you have a clue.

Actually, there is an account of that event. You might reject it, but that doesn't change the fact that it actually exists.
Actually, there are accounts of Bigfoot, alien abductions, Nessie and spooks. How nice.

I'm sure you can identify a verifiable account of a witness to the hey-Zeus rising from the dead. You can, right ?

I wasn't even aware that people hated Atheists. In fact, if anything, they seem to hate Christians. I had a guy scream at me, in the middle of the work floor, that I caused the crusades. He sure seemed to hate me. I did not hated him, nor anyone else.

If 500 Eye witnesses supposedly saw Jesus rise from the dead, how come that isn't good enough for the Jews?
it WAS good enough for the 500 eye witnesses....and a few billion people since then......

Just remember it isn't just us atheists who call BULLSHIT on your stories. Jews and Muslims agree.

Are they angry, hateful and evil and sinners too going to hell because they don't buy your stories? Or are they ok as long as they at least believe in a generic god?
you can call bullshit all you want.......however, it doesn't change the fact that there were eyewitnesses and that they believed.....

Um, just to clarify, that "old" book was connected with Hebrew scripture, you know, the stuff co-opted by Christianity.

Christianity owes a ton of cash penalties for copyright infringement.

That is just a deflection from my point because you know you can't deal with the truth.

To answer your point...

Christianity is not a "new" religion. Modern day Judaism is a religion created by certain Jews after Christ.

Actually, there are accounts of Bigfoot, alien abductions, Nessie and spooks. How nice.

I'm sure you can identify a verifiable account of a witness to the hey-Zeus rising from the dead. You can, right ?

And there is some validity to alien abductions. Just not the way people make them out to be. What makes the accounts unreliable is that the people who entertain the dark spiritual realm are nut jobs.

Are you saying that the UN and the US Government are looney?

Poor angry, deluded troll.

Isaiah 40:22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the Earth...

Job 26:7 He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing.

lmao why are new atheists still trying to troll?

Most Christians can hear about the Muslim or Mormon faith and call bullshit. So they will tell you that all the people who follow these religions are following a lie.

Jews say Jesus wasn't the son of god. How come Christians get mad at us atheists for saying it but they don't seem to mind the Jews position that he wasn't the son of god? No miracles, no virgin birth. This is the position of the jews. Basically they're calling you Christians liars. But the Christians seem to have an unholy alliance with the Jews. They even call America a Judeo Christian nation. Odd they get along so well with another religions that calls BULLSHIT on the whole Messiah story.

That's all us Atheists are saying. We don't believe he was the son of god. Ask any Jew and they'll agree with us. Am I wrong about that? I don't think I am.

If 500 Eye witnesses supposedly saw Jesus rise from the dead, how come that isn't good enough for the Jews?

Because God made a covenant with the Jewish people (Genesis 12:3). Something we must honor. We care for the Jewish people as a nationality not as a religion. Modern day Judaism is an intentional perversion of scripture. They do not follow the instruction of Moshe, but rather their own made up traditions.

The Bible tells us that there is a blessing for those who bless Israel and a curse for those who curse it. This is yet more proof that the Bible is true. It was once said that the sun never set on the British Empire, but as soon as they treated Israel with contempt the British Empire collapsed for no good reason at all except that God's word is true. Today, the sun sets on the British Empire. Similarly, I can go down the list of times America has dealt treacherously with Israel and they have reaped the consequences.

Every lib said Bush cause Hurricane Katrina. Well, surprise, there is some validity to that argument if you consider that the evacuation of Gaza was done in accordance with Bush's wishes. The very day that the last Israelis were kicked out of Gaza, Tropical Depression 12 formed later causing what some consider the largest natural disaster in US history.

There are no accounts that anyone saw hey-zeus rise from the dead.

Simply parroting the nonsensical claims you were told gives no one confidence that you have a clue.

Parroting is what you are doing. So far you have not given any proof that you have any clue what you are talking about.

Christians are being persecuted? If you mean by ISIS, that hardly counts, they kill everyone who doesn't obey them, even Muslims.
But otherwise, Christians aren't being persecuted, you're just delusional. But we knew that already. :D

You are in denial, but what's new.

So a few thousand years ago, this god suddenly decided to reveal itself to several people in the most primitive, illiterate and remote portions of humanity in a completely unverifiable way – and then simply disappeared.

There is no evidence to support any of the claims made in the Bible concerning the existence of a god. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst.

The Bible is not self-authenticating; it is simply one of many religious texts. Like those other texts, it itself constitutes no evidence for the existence of a god. Its florid prose and fanciful content do not legitimise it nor distinguish it from other ancient works of literature.

The Bible is historically inaccurate, factually incorrect, inconsistent and contradictory. It was artificially constructed by a group of men in antiquity and is poorly translated, heavily altered and selectively interpreted. Entire sections of the text have been redacted over time.

There is no contemporary evidence for Jesus’ existence or the Bible’s account of his life; no artifacts, dwellings, works of carpentry, self-written manuscripts, court records, eyewitness testimony, official diaries, birth records, reflections on his significance or written disputes about his teachings. Nothing survives from the time in which he is said to have lived.

All historical references to Jesus derive from hearsay accounts written decades or centuries after his supposed death. These historical references generally refer to early Christians rather than a historical Jesus and, in some cases, directly contradict the Gospels or were deliberately manufactured.

The Gospels themselves contradict one-another on many key events and were constructed by unknown authors up to a century after the events they describe are said to have occurred. They are not eyewitness accounts. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. Like the Old Testament, it too has had entire books and sections redacted.

The Biblical account of Jesus has striking similarities with other mythologies and texts and many of his supposed teachings existed prior to his time. It is likely the character was either partly or entirely invented by competing first century messianic cults from an amalgamation of Greco-Roman, Egyptian and Judeo-Apocalyptic myths and prophecies.

Even if Jesus’ existence could be established, this would in no way validate Christian theology or any element of the story portrayed in the Bible, such as the performance of miracles or the resurrection. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.

You know how to copy and paste really well, but that is about it. I doubt you read half of what you copied and pasted, because it is all a bunch of garbage.

Most Christians can hear about the Muslim or Mormon faith and call bullshit. So they will tell you that all the people who follow these religions are following a lie.

Jews say Jesus wasn't the son of god. How come Christians get mad at us atheists for saying it but they don't seem to mind the Jews position that he wasn't the son of god? No miracles, no virgin birth. This is the position of the jews. Basically they're calling you Christians liars. But the Christians seem to have an unholy alliance with the Jews. They even call America a Judeo Christian nation. Odd they get along so well with another religions that calls BULLSHIT on the whole Messiah story.

That's all us Atheists are saying. We don't believe he was the son of god. Ask any Jew and they'll agree with us. Am I wrong about that? I don't think I am.

You're not wrong in what you say, but the Jew's ancestors that were there at the time acknowledged the miracles Jesus preformed. Throngs of people followed Christ wherever He went. He healed things there were not cures for. Blindness, deformities, crowds watched Him raise the dead and were astonished. That He preformed miracles was never disputed. Where His power came from was the issue.
It was predicted that His own would reject Him, but that they would recognize Him when He returns to prevent Israel from being wiped off the map. In the meantime we believe what God said concerning Israel, that He will bless those who bless her, so we do, gladly and loyally.

The reason Christians include the Old Testament is because we share the same God. It is still the Jewish Book. We didn't plagiarize it, or claim it, we included it.

My savior is a Jewish Rabbi. And always will be.

Last edited:
Eyewitness accounts written several generations minimum after the events. Please stop pretending that these are actual eyewitness accounts, you know they aren't.

That is simply not the case. We have not only eyewitness accounts but a legal transcript of Christ's trial, verbatim, and subsequent recordings of the events that followed. And the originals have never not been available. The records have not been dug up centuries later, or in need of verification. We have 3 accounts of Christ's return by Temple priests. Please stop pretending that these documents don't exist or that they are forged.
We know better.

No, I simply debate honestly, I'm well read in most of the major religions, and this isn't really about defending the Bible, it's about putting the knowledge of people in the Bronze Age into perspective, and during that time some people did have knowledge of the shape of the Earth. Not the mud farmers, but the writers, thinkers, scholars and who do you think wrote the Bible, the illiterate slaves?

:lmao: at your absurd lies!

Anyone who is "well read in most of the major religions" wouldn't be pretending that the Liberalism is a "religion" since they would know what defines a religion.

Furthermore anyone who is "well read in most of the major religions" would know the basics about atheism which you patently don't have a clue about.

You are dishonest about being an atheist and your claims to be "well read in most of the major religions".

You have destroyed your own credibility on this topic. Have a nice day.

AtheistBuddah, post: 9712385, member: 49804
Below, I have posted a link to a video I recently watched that I feel gives a good explanation for the hostility that many theists have towards atheists and why they often feel threatened by our nonbelief. My purpose for posting it here is to encourage others here to watch it and then post some of their own explanations of why they think atheists are so hated.

I don't need to watch your propaganda. Christians aren't threatened by disbelief. If anything we feel sorry for you. We know where you're bound.

Your utter refusal to even consider the alternative side of the argument only proves many of the points I've been making about the nature of faith.

Everyone has faith in something. Our faith is in God. Your faith is in man. Personally, I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

Have you considered the alternative side? Not reading slanted articles, but actually considered the truth?

Facts not in evidence!

Man exists and you are evidence of that therefore no faith is necessary.

There is no evidence that your God exists therefore you have no option but to have faith instead.

And there is some validity to alien abductions. Just not the way people make them out to be. What makes the accounts unreliable is that the people who entertain the dark spiritual realm are nut jobs.

Are you saying that the UN and the US Government are looney?

Oh boy!

You believe in alien abductions?

Listening to the voices in your head is not a good thing.

And no, those voices are not your God either.

Forum List

Back