There are far too many loons on this site now.

Both left & right. Half the threads I click on sound like they were written by an uninformed 7th grade paranoid schizophrenic.

I agree. Pretty sad when you have people who spend all day posting on here...but have nothing interesting to say. I can be at work all day...come home...and catch up on any worth while tidbits in about 1/2 hour. And it only takes that long because I have to weed through the trash first.

Both left & right. Half the threads I click on sound like they were written by an uninformed 7th grade paranoid schizophrenic.

I agree. Pretty sad when you have people who spend all day posting on here...but have nothing interesting to say. I can be at work all day...come home...and catch up on any worth while tidbits in about 1/2 hour. And it only takes that long because I have to weed through the trash first.

Every day I say, "Oddball ! Take out the damn trash". He never listens. I've reported him several times but NADA.

I've tried to get updates in the Zimmerman thread but it's full of off topic postings and flames.

I'm certainly no brainiac but sometimes I feel dumber reading threads on here lol

I am a member on 2 other forums, and there is one guy on both who posts all day.

I am at work and there is about 2 hours of down time every night, so it looks like I post a lot, but it is only a limited time.

Years ago I was posting on a forum that did not allow the freedoms offered here. Gross vulgarities were not permitted. Name calling was not permitted. Banning was permanent. The Formal Debates forum was regulated by moderators enforcing rules that do not exist here. Debate was limited to that between a challenger and an accepting opponent, was judged by a panel of three, each of whom gave opinions of the debate in their decisions after the set number of alternating posts from each opponent, each post having been made under limits of time to reply and quantity of words used.

There was a Peanut Gallery forum where other members could discuss the ongoing debate, but posting within the debate thread was limited to the two opponents and occasional points made by the chosen judges. Interruptions by others constituted grounds for banishment...and as I said, banning was permanent.

Intelligent and enlightening debate flourished there.

The only commonality between USMB and that particular site is (was) anonymity. When you combine anonymity with total free speech and access to any and all threads, you get the adolescent loons that prevail here and ruin thread after thread after thread. I too often find myself easily self-lowered to the level of the loons in attempts to communicate with them effectively. I have made many posts here that would have resulted in immediate banishment from the unnamed site that I miss dearly. On the backside of that comment, I do sometimes enjoy the reactions I get from stooping to adolescence.

The Clean Debate Zone here is as close as we get to Formal Debates as existed in the good old days. Still it holds no candle.

I've tried to get updates in the Zimmerman thread but it's full of off topic postings and flames.

I'm certainly no brainiac but sometimes I feel dumber reading threads on here lol

I am a member on 2 other forums, and there is one guy on both who posts all day.

I am at work and there is about 2 hours of down time every night, so it looks like I post a lot, but it is only a limited time.

I come home and unwind by reading news articles. If I find any kind of interesting I will post them. Sometimes I listen to music...although I don't do that as much as I used to.

I used to enjoy politics a lot more when I felt like I learned things from delving into it. Not so much anymore unfortunately.

So after reading your post, I decided to go look at the kind of things you write. Your opinion and how you back up your statements.

All I can say is "pitiful". Just "pitiful".
...and the loons continue to thank each other for adolescent posts.

Birds of a feather...

Basically with the volume of threads about MSM chosen topics (can we get enough Zimmerman threads on USMB, for example?) plus the right wing ECHO chamber, it does get harder and harder to find threads worth posting into.

This IS how real discussions that matter to our nation are buried.

Feed the easily influenced enough outrageous tripe that they CAN understand and the real issues that actually matter are forgotten.

Basically with the volume of threads about MSM chosen topics (can we get enough Zimmerman threads on USMB, for example?) plus the right wing ECHO chamber, it does get harder and harder to find threads worth posting into.

Feed the easily influenced enough outrageous tripe that they CAN understand and the real issues that actually matter are forgotten.

Highlighted is exactly what happens here. And it ain't just the RW doing it.

But it is MOSTLY the RW doing it......is it not?

No. Either rein in your own side or shut up about it.

No. Either rein in your own side or shut up about it.

Name names. You have no idea what you are talking about.

They are just as prevalent and obvious. Names do not even need to be said (and the OP SPECIFICALLY stated that this thread, his thread, was not for that). If you choose not to notice it, that is your own fault.

Partisan hackery is most easily identified by those that are incapable of looking at their own and not seeing the flaws. Trust me; the flaws are there and quite obvious.

Forum List

Back