There are far too many loons on this site now.

Both left & right. Half the threads I click on sound like they were written by an uninformed 7th grade paranoid schizophrenic.

So after reading your post, I decided to go look at the kind of things you write. Your opinion and how you back up your statements.

All I can say is "pitiful". Just "pitiful".

Exibit A

Today alone I have called out 2 or 3 "righties" for their nonsensical posts. I put both sides in the dunk tank. What do you offer besides 6% partial sense and 94% racist bullshit.

Dean say something about a Democrat?.....your kidding right?......

Even though I have never been a volume poster or even close my daily average has dropped to 'less than four post a day, I think at one time it was up to 6. Now that might look small but that's all the time I've got. I have a life.
Anyway, it's been really hard to find a thread that hasn't been taken over by the hate spin-masters from one side or the other. And the threads? Some days I scan through the threads, yawn and then go to watch grass grow, it's more mind provoking.
Loons (extremists) can kill forums. I've been posting since the late 90's on various forums. Many got shut down thanks to extremist freaks. Now not all extremist are evil, some act damn civil and present their case in a civil manner that isn't redundant, (example; Crusader Frank).

Both left & right. Half the threads I click on sound like they were written by an uninformed 7th grade paranoid schizophrenic.

Basically with the volume of threads about MSM chosen topics (can we get enough Zimmerman threads on USMB, for example?) plus the right wing ECHO chamber, it does get harder and harder to find threads worth posting into.

This IS how real discussions that matter to our nation are buried.

Feed the easily influenced enough outrageous tripe that they CAN understand and the real issues that actually matter are forgotten.

Nothing is buried. I can scroll back and pick anything to "discuss". Problem is that there is never a resolution.

There are. I mean it's natural for people to leave, it's the nature of the beast but who has replaced all of them? Nobody who wants to discuss anything. Yelling, screaming, calling people names.. It is childish. I am editing to add that I get caught up in it. I do always end up pissed off whenever I visit anymore.

Last edited:
What do you mean, "now?"

When I joined the board had level headed posters that posted rational threads. Of course nuts were still around but the board had more balance.

Ah, the fond delusions of the past. Everyone always looks back and thinks ‘those were the days’ as they blissfully block out all the crap that they dealt with then (and that’s a good thing BTW, remembering the good while discarding the bad). That is, of course, you are not talking with your kids because if that is the case, it’s always ‘walking to school in the snow with no shoes uphill both ways’ :D

Anyway, I have been here a LONG time and quite frankly, you are off your rocker here gramps. This place has always been like this. The vitriol does not change much, just the posters putting it here. Hell, the WORST offenders that were here when I joined are still here doing the same shit.

The forum is about money. Loons = traffic which = money.

?
You’re kidding right? Everything here is free, the place supported by donations and advertisements are so unobtrusive that I can’t remember one single ad. Maybe I shouldn’t say that, don’t want the advertisers to stop advertising here :D

Forum List

Back