🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There have been 250 mass shootings in the U.S. in 2013

What for?

You're against free speech then?

Not at all. I want Chris to exercise his right or free speech and post his thoughts on his topic and engage in the discussion of his topic. I'm against trolling and spamming. The purpose of a message board is dialogue and discussion. People who post a topic and never return to it are trolling and spamming.

Actually, to be topical, they are Message Board Bomb Throwers.. Clearly a terrorist threat. And they hardly ever return to the scene of the crime..

This seems to Chris' MO, so it's fine, it brings up a discussion and that is a good thing.

It also shows how quickly threads go over Chris' head.

What for?

Not at all. I want Chris to exercise his right or free speech and post his thoughts on his topic and engage in the discussion of his topic. I'm against trolling and spamming. The purpose of a message board is dialogue and discussion. People who post a topic and never return to it are trolling and spamming.

So... this guy started a thread yesterday and that's "never returning"?

Is it not possible to simply present a topic for open discussion? I've done that.
Then again some people have lives that prevent 24/7 posting. Or in my case a few weeks ago my computer imploded.

One day. Tough crowd.

Two days. He posted at 2 AM yesterday. Today is half over. Technically, 36 hours. It's a pattern with Chris. Post and disappear. Why post a topic if you are unwilling to discuss said topic? If you found it interesting enough to share with others, you surely have an opinion on the topic worth sharing and defending.

Is it not possible to simply present a topic for open discussion? I've done that.
Then again some people have lives that prevent 24/7 posting. Or in my case a few weeks ago my computer imploded.

One day. Tough crowd.

Two days. He posted at 2 AM yesterday. Today is half over. Technically, 36 hours. It's a pattern with Chris. Post and disappear. Why post a topic if you are unwilling to discuss said topic? If you found it interesting enough to share with others, you surely have an opinion on the topic worth sharing and defending.

No, it's not mandatory to see some interesting story and not have a solid opinion. Again, I've done that. I've even been chided by the mods here for starting a thread and NOT proferring an opinion, which to me is just bizarre. Sometimes I just want to lay something out and ask, "what does everyone think"? Nothing insidious about that.

Hell, if you disagree with an OP and he's not there to defend it, you have no opposition, so what's your beef?

You want to take guns from law abiding citizens. That isnt going to stop mass shootings. Law abiding citizens aren out committing massacres.

The problem isnt the guns, it's the hearts and minds of people. Government cannot solve this problem. You cannot pass a law making everyone love their fellow man. You cannot pass a law that takes anger out of the hearts of people. You cannot pass a law that makes people realize that life is sacred. Government cannot fix the ills of society.

The only force that has any power to change human nature is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is the only power in the universe that can change bad men into good men and good men into better men.

If you truly care about ending violence, get on your knees and ask God to change your nature. Ask Him to take away your anger and fear. Ask Him to fill you with the love of the Holy Spirit. Teach your children correct principles. Teach them how to govern themselves.

If you are a Christian, live your faith. Don't be a hypocrite. If you aren't, come to Christ and let Him give you a new heart.

We will stop more violence by living the Gospel then we will by empowering the government to take away our ability to defend ourselves

Christians have probably killed, tortured and enslaved more people in the name of God than any other one people on the face of the Earth.

The most civilized societies are those ruled by sanity and secularism not by religious righteousness. [Alliteration intended. :)]

Last edited:

One day. Tough crowd.

No, it's not mandatory to see some interesting story and not have a solid opinion. Again, I've done that. I've even been chided by the mods here for starting a thread and NOT proferring an opinion, which to me is just bizarre. Sometimes I just want to lay something out and ask, "what does everyone think"? Nothing insidious about that.

Hell, if you disagree with an OP and he's not there to defend it, you have no opposition, so what's your beef?

Well gee. . If a carload of gangster wannabees take a shot at you and drive away ---

What's your beef if you weren't impressed with their lack of sporting skills?
Anyone ELSE want to step up and justify this poorly constructed lie?

I'm not a mathematician but I'm pretty sure the population number is irrelevant to a rate per day.

What's your point? That 250 multiperson shooting incidents is a good thing?

it's an incredibly small number.

especially compared to what kills us.

I doubt getting shot breaks the top 20

It's a frequency, not an aggregate.

I know I know, math is hard as you said, but your population figure is completely irrelevant to the point. Whether you've got 330 triillion people or 330 people, the frequency is a constant. It works out to a mass shooting roughly every 35 hours. Regardless how many people are in the base.

Now that your red herring's been thrown back, you OK with a mass shooting every 35 hours?

tick... tick... tick...

:lol:

Wow, you had to cheat in pre-algebra didn't you.

If there was 1 million of us, that 1 shooting every 35 hours would have 300 times the impact that it does now b/c there would be fewer of us and we would be more impacted.

facts are hard, liberals are good at ignoring them, but math is my forte

One day. Tough crowd.

So now we know. You're the guy that walks into the room, farts and leaves.

it's an incredibly small number.

especially compared to what kills us.

I doubt getting shot breaks the top 20

It's a frequency, not an aggregate.

I know I know, math is hard as you said, but your population figure is completely irrelevant to the point. Whether you've got 330 triillion people or 330 people, the frequency is a constant. It works out to a mass shooting roughly every 35 hours. Regardless how many people are in the base.

Now that your red herring's been thrown back, you OK with a mass shooting every 35 hours?

tick... tick... tick...

:lol:

Wow, you had to cheat in pre-algebra didn't you.

If there was 1 million of us, that 1 shooting every 35 hours would have 300 times the impact that it does now b/c there would be fewer of us and we would be more impacted.

facts are hard, liberals are good at ignoring them, but math is my forte

Still conflating frequency with aggregate? SMH...

The thread was never about how many are impacted, but how often it happens. That's what "250 this year" means. If it were about aggregate it would have said "X number of people shot".
Sorry if that's inconvenient but you don't get to change it.

Maybe it's the words. Mathematical terms must confuserate you. :dunno:

Last edited:

Well gee. . If a carload of gangster wannabees take a shot at you and drive away ---

What's your beef if you weren't impressed with their lack of sporting skills?
Anyone ELSE want to step up and justify this poorly constructed lie?

uhh... a carload of gangstas is gone after it drives away. We're still here. Analogy fails.

Wassamatta? Is the topic inconvenient?

Interestingly enough, when there is a "carload of gangstas" there are more than just one person shooting.

Additionally, in a driveby shooting, they are hoping to get only one target, and they really don't care about the others who die.

Sorry, but a drive by shooting doesn't really qualify as a mass shooting.

Four to seven people shooting on a house hoping to kill one person is far short of one person killing four or more people.

Most.murders by guns are not gang related..its by someone they knew. Stop with the black shit. Fox news really is dumbing down you idiots. The Tanks in this board, just stop being idiots.

Most.murders by guns are not gang related..its by someone they knew. Stop with the black shit. Fox news really is dumbing down you idiots. The Tanks in this board, just stop being idiots.

Care to back that up with hard evidence?

Let me get this right. Chris started this thread at 2:08 AM yesterday and he hasn't been back to participate in it? Anyone who feels obliged to neg him along with me is most welcome.

What for?

How could negging someone possibly be an action against free speech? Perhaps if kwc57 asked the moderators or admins to ban Chris, you would have a point.

It's an attempt to intimidate.

Not that it works, and not that every neg is tossed for that reason, but it can be intended that way.

You wouldn't know about doing this Locke, because you're a class guy. But I've been on the receiving end plenty of times, as recently as yesterday. Especially when I first got here-- I've had more than one oaf advise me that they'd be back every 48 hours. I've been negged for the simple act of starting a thread -- not for a comment, but for bringing it up. I'm sure others have too.

Again, it's not a tactic ever worked. On me anyway, because I carry a fuck-you attitude. But clearly it does get employed with that intention. Since it doesn't work, it's not effective infringement. But it does betray that value in the neggers.

Interestingly enough, when there is a "carload of gangstas" there are more than just one person shooting.

Additionally, in a driveby shooting, they are hoping to get only one target, and they really don't care about the others who die.

Sorry, but a drive by shooting doesn't really qualify as a mass shooting.

Four to seven people shooting on a house hoping to kill one person is far short of one person killing four or more people.

sure, tell that to all the other innocent victims they kill and their families

Everybody DOES realize that if they didn't have high capacity magazines (or drums as some like to call them) they couldn't kill so many people?

Me? I'd only allow 15 rounds per magazine (or drums, or whatever you wish to call them) so that citizens who wish to stop them have at least a fighting chance.

you do realize this navy shooter didn't have a high capacity magazine or drum.

If liberals really cared about the issue instead of using it for a political football they would demand that Eric Holder and the Obama administration be held accountable for the shipment of thousands of illegal weapons to Mexico during operation Fast/Furious.

actually, 53% of all gun homicides are done by blacks. so you have 13% of the population responsible for 53% of the homicides. that's not to say anything negative about blacks in general. they are not murderous people. it's unfortunate a very high percent of them live in an environment where this has become the accepted response to a situation.

Forum List

Back