There is a BLM protest planned in my city tonight at 7 in front of city hall

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
I find this to be in very bad taste & borderline careless or even inciteful.

I think as a nation, as a country of AMERICANS we need to take a break, gather our thoughts and find a path forward that is less confrontational. We are a tinderbox on the verge of ignition and cooler heads need to prevail.

I am considering going as a witness just to see for myself what is being said at these events first hand. Freedom of speech is essential but common sense is even more valuable imo.

Thoughts?

I think as a nation, as a country of AMERICANS we need to take a break, gather our thoughts and find a path forward that is less confrontational. We are a tinderbox on the verge of ignition and cooler heads need to prevail.

I am considering going as a witness just to see for myself what is being said at these events first hand. Freedom of speech is essential but common sense is even more valuable imo.

Thoughts?

Wear your hawaiian shirt, white belt and plaid bermuda shorts, with your sandals on over your socks,

so they'll know you're harmless.

Thoughts?

Ah, so you want to suppress freedom of speech by being the arbiter of what is or isn't common sense?

Thoughts?

Wear your hawaiian shirt, white belt and plaid bermuda shorts, with your sandals on over your socks,

My 18 year old teenage stepson wants me to take him. I dunno what to think or do. Could be a pivotal moment in his life or it could be nothing.

Thoughts?

If common sense were more valuable than free speech then every Trump rally should be shut down.

Thoughts?

Ah, so you want to suppress freedom of speech by being the arbiter of what is or isn't common sense?

Awww fuck, I just agreed with a comment made by NYcabinqueer..........what's going on?

Thoughts?

I was talking about their freedom of speech vs my common sense on if I should go to witness it.

Imagine the expense the cops are going to go to to secure the area. It'll cost millions of tax payers money to police each blm protest now.

And yet they won't outlaw them as a terrorist org.

I wouldn't be caught dead within 10 miles of that mess. There could be local media filming there and if they get a shot of you, someone you know might think you're likeminded and sympathtic toward those idiots.

Thoughts?

My 18 year old teenage stepson wants me to take him. I dunno what to think or do. Could be a pivotal moment in his life or it could be nothing.

If you're white don't go. You could be a target.

Thoughts?

First of all this thought in many people's heads that we are 'on the verge of something' is false. It is a movement of human beings who are regularly killed by the police for no reason. Even after Dylan Roof murdered 9 people in a church no one came out and said 'we are on the verge of some calamity'. In fact the families of the people that were killed publicly forgave this man.

Second you can't expect people to suspend their quest for basic rights promised to ALL citizens under the law.

I suggest you do go to the rally and all in your area from now on. This is what is needed isn't it in the end. Everyone understanding where everyone else is coming from and what the anger is about. Up close and personal. You find that when you are looking into another person's eyes as they tell you their story that they then become human beings and not 'they' or 'the enemy' or 'the angry mob'.

The police culture in this country HAS to change. The good cops have to weed out the bad cops on a regular ongoing basis. And they have to be trained to handle situations better. The cops in many of these videos are terrified for no reason, other than the person they are dealing with is black.

Something has to change.

Thoughts?

No, he should wear a cream colored suit and hat, a black ascot, a gold multi patterned vest, and a handlebar mustache. He should also carry a bullwhip and speak with a drawl.

"Ah heah you boys is having a PRO test! Now what in tarnation izzat awl about?"

Thoughts?
Go down there and kick some ass...I wanna see you live on FB.....yo.

Thoughts?
Go down there and kick some ass...I wanna see you live on FB.....yo.
Or dead perhaps.....:lol:

Thoughts?

I was talking about their freedom of speech vs my common sense on if I should go to witness it.
If your stepson really wants to go, and if you are up for it, I'd say go. I have two sons slightly older than yours and if they wanted to go I would go with them (and stand at a comfortable distance).

Thoughts?
Imo, you should plan to stay at home. Maybe there's a movie on.

Thoughts?

If your stepson really wants to go, and if you are up for it, I'd say go. I have two sons slightly older than yours and if they wanted to go I would go with them (and stand at a comfortable distance).
How about with ISIS? Would you let him go there too?

Thoughts?

Considering the ways things are going, it's dangerous. There was another shooting today against cops. I hope the cops take every precaution, and that goes for all of them around the country.

The problem isn't guns. It isn't the few cops who break the law. The problem is people who are full of hatred and have no humanity. No law will change what people are inside. It would help if people were more educated and had less hateful rhetoric preached to them on a daily basis. These individuals can kill too easily and it doesn't bother them, which makes them no better than rabid dogs. That is what you get when ignorant people spend more time listening to race baiters than learning to deal with life like a mature adult. Too many have been taught to hate and the race baiters do everything possible to brainwash them and keep them angry until they just explode. People like Al Sharpton need to shut the fuck up and make way for voices of reason. While it's normal to want to change things, it isn't normal to instantly resort to murder to make your point. It's all some people know and they are the problem.

Homeland Security will be there to photograph and video record them for future surveillance operations. These protesters better watch their backs. The Gestapo is gunning for em. I suspect many will be 'suicided' and have tragic car 'accidents.' Stay tuned.

Forum List

Back