There is no catastrophe so ghastly that we will reform our gun laws

There is no catastrophe so ghastly that America will reform its gun laws - The Week

Look, we've collectively decided, as a country, that the occasional massacre is okay with us. It's the price we're willing to pay for our precious Second Amendment freedoms. We're content to forfeit the lives of a few dozen schoolkids a year as long as we get to keep our guns. The people have spoken, in a cheering civics-class example of democracy in action.

It's hard to imagine what ghastly catastrophe could possibly change America's minds about guns if the little bloody bookbags of Newtown did not. After that atrocity, it seemed as if we would finally enact some obvious, long-overdue half-measures. But perfectly reasonable, moderate legislation expanding background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines was summarily killed in the Senate for no reason other than that a sufficient number of United States senators are owned by the NRA. It made our official position as a nation nakedly explicit: we don't care about any number of murdered children, no matter how many, or how young. We want our guns.
While the intent of what you're saying makes sense, do you really believe banning assault weapons, etc., will really keep such weapons out of the hands of someone who really wants them for nefarious purpose? Usually these mass-shooting crazies are suicidal, which means they are willing to sell or trade anything they own to obtain the weaponry they desire. And we both know that, ban or no ban, if one is willing to pay the price they will get what they want.

I just don't want to make their jobs so damned easy. Buy whatever gun you want with as big a magazine, no questions asked. Crazy as a loon? We cant prevent your god given right to a gun.

Will you feel any better when wrapping yourself with explosives and walking into a crowded room becomes the "fashion" of these derelicts?

If you've ever seen the results of such an event, you would prefer they had an AK.

While the intent of what you're saying makes sense, do you really believe banning assault weapons, etc., will really keep such weapons out of the hands of someone who really wants them for nefarious purpose? Usually these mass-shooting crazies are suicidal, which means they are willing to sell or trade anything they own to obtain the weaponry they desire. And we both know that, ban or no ban, if one is willing to pay the price they will get what they want.

I just don't want to make their jobs so damned easy. Buy whatever gun you want with as big a magazine, no questions asked. Crazy as a loon? We cant prevent your god given right to a gun.

Will you feel any better when wrapping yourself with explosives and walking into a crowded room becomes the "fashion" of these derelicts?

If you've ever seen the results of such an event, you would prefer they had an AK.

We have strict measures to restrict access to explosives and track where they came from.
Shouldn't we give weapons the same scrutiny?

We have strict measures to restrict access to explosives and track where they came from.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of chemistry can cook up explosives .

Everyone can buy diesel fuel and fertilizer.

"illegal guns"???? The only "illegal guns" I am aware of are fully automatic machine guns was manufactured after 1986. Do you suppose there are many of those in civilian hands in this nation?
Actually there are lots of machine guns manufactured after 1986. All of them restricted, however. Google Post-Sample.

I understand that. But, Mathbud1 was going off about "illegal guns" and I have to object to the term because there are no firearms that are not available to the public except fully automatic machine guns was manufactured after 1986. If it is fully automatic but manufactured before 1986, you can own one.
You are splitting hairs and you ought to know better. The reference is to 'illegally possessed' guns. You ought to know that too.
New Mexico has a high murder rate b/c of it's proximity to Mexico visa vi the illegal Mexican drug trade/cartels. You ought to know that.

Maybe so, but for some reason it doesn't give the same satisfaction of lining up innocent women and children in your sights and blasting away

Killing with a bomb is not part of the American fantasy. Loading up your AR-15 with a 30 round magazine and blasting away is

I don't see many video games sold that involve blowing people up

Be honest

If you want to kill a bunch of people in a movie theater or 20 or so six year olds, which do you prefer.....a nice Bushmaster or a propane tank?

Be honest

If you want to kill a bunch of people in a movie theater or 20 or so six year olds, which do you prefer.....a nice Bushmaster or a propane tank?

To be honest, how would gun laws have stopped the guy from stealing his mothers guns and killing those kids?

Responsible Gun Ownership is the key, not a bunch of Laws no one adheres to anyway.

Be honest

To be honest, how would gun laws have stopped the guy from stealing his mothers guns and killing those kids?

Responsible Gun Ownership is the key, not a bunch of Laws no one adheres to anyway.

The kid was fucking crazy. Any house with a kid like that should not have guns in it

Gun nuts still insist on keeping their arsenal

s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpolicymic-images%2F3303eff4e9fcf5d093151ed0e26c707fb4f7a79cb4fcb855b1532a7560bdef91.jpg

Be honest

The kid was fucking crazy. Any house with a kid like that should not have guns in it

Do we infringe on everyone's liberties because of .00000002 % of the population?

Do we infringe on everyone's liberties because of .00000002 % of the population?

With 300 million guns in circulation, I don't think background checks and restricting high capacity magazines is impacting your liberty

With 300 million guns in circulation, I don't think background checks and restricting high capacity magazines is impacting your liberty

Would you be willing to make it that simple, then STFU about the subject of ANY other form of weapon restrictions?

No.

That's what I thought.

Be honest

I will be completely honest. It would never occur to me to want to kill a bunch of people or children. And, again to be honest, I don't think most people would.

LIBs are determined to control all guns.
Funny. I'm not seeing them 'march' every weekend to stop the wholesale slaughter of Blacks by Blacks every week.
I wonder why? The LIBs have basically written off the Black race as not capable of being able to control themselves so why get in their line of fire?
If the 'shooter' is White? WATCH OUT!

Where did I say I was against Background Checks?

There is nothing wrong with a background check.....did a background check stop the kid from stealing his mother guns?

LIBs are determined to control all guns.
Funny. I'm not seeing them 'march' every weekend to stop the wholesale slaughter of Blacks by Blacks every week.
I wonder why? The LIBs have basically written off the Black race as not capable of being able to control themselves so why get in their line of fire?
If the 'shooter' is White? WATCH OUT!

Have you seen the Libs marching or campaigning to stop Drunk Divers from Killing 10,000 to 11,000 innocent people every year?

Forum List

Back