There is no life after death

I believe in Jesus Christ and His promise of eternal life, which was paid for by His own blood on the cross. I believe that death is only physical, but the soul remains forever. At some point in time, all souls will be called to judgment. On that day you'll either have eternal life with God, or eternal damnation.

The choice is yours.

It is always interesting to find out who on here claims to be Christian. One could never tell by all their other post, which is a bit odd.

Since it's a concept at least as old as language, and all across the planet, there must be something to it since it pervades every culture and every geographical area where humans existed. Just treat the word 'God' as a sort of intellectual placeholder for much more elaborate scientific concepts yet to be discovered. Hegel, an atheist himself, considered Christianity to be the highest and best intellectual evolution of theology.
I never said I believed in nothing, but I don't accept the beliefs of ancient civilizations, all of whom held beliefs in mythology, to explain away their ignorance of our origin and afterwards.

I agree.

When you're dead, you're dead; lights out, game over.
And THEN, the RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD. The Body of Christ (true christians), then the rest of the dead.

Even Job understood this many thousands of years ago when he was inspired to say: " if a man dies, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN? All the days of my appointed time I will wait (in the grave) UNTIL MY CHANGE COMES."

I've already stated that: The existence you will have will either be eternal life, or eternal suffering. The choice is yours.
You'd probably agree that it would be stupid for me to just go along w/ somebody's post I came across on the internet. Now, the Bible (to me) is an acceptable source, and what we can see/hear/touch is also good.

Maybe you'd agree that there's not a lot of hard evidence that we can see/hear/touch. As for the Bible, have u considered the idea that there are a lot of verses in the Bible, some seem to point one way & others elsewhere?

Just playing along.

I missed something lol but if we're going with science questions let's talk about hypotheses. How long do you hypothesize I can go without being tempted by the bag of Halloween candy before Halloween? Oh hey, what do you know, I included religion too since I mentioned going against temptation.

I missed something lol but if we're going with science questions let's talk about hypotheses. How long do you hypothesize I can go without being tempted by the bag of Halloween candy before Halloween? Oh hey, what do you know, I included religion too since I mentioned going against temptation.
Pinching candy around Halloween ain't no sin....don't let it go to 'waist.':dev2:

Last edited:
Answer this question then, this is science.

College Zoology

All mammals
  1. bear live young
  2. complete their embryonic development in the uterus
  3. nourish their offspring through mammary glands
  4. live on land
True or False, and why?

1. Not all mammals bear live young. There are at least 5 species (I think) of monotremes (sp) alive today. They all lay eggs.
2. See above.

4. There are entire groups of mammals that live in the water. Whales, dolphins, porpoises, etc.

Science, where factual accuracy is important.

Only to those who don't understand the scriptures.
--and I imagine that you'd agree that I'd be pretty stupid to agree w/ someone on the internet that made and bunch of statements and insisted that they were based on the Bible --w/o either citing any supporting passages or addressing contrary passages.

There's a lot in the Bible about life after death. Stuff like (from here):
John 5:24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise

John 14:1-31 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” ...
--w/ a lot more on the linked site.

So far I don't see what ur saying, and like I said we should agree that I'd be pretty stupid to agree w/ anyone on the internet who made statements (w/ great certainty) and "said" it was in the Bible.

There is no life after death​

I happen to disagree with you. I've seen evidence that there is life on all levels above and below mankind and that nothing dies that has ever lived. The universe is teeming with life, indeed the universe IS life and that most of us are continually reborn over and over again in one form or another depending on our deeds IN life.

Its scary as hell but it does not exist

You have absolutely no idea whether this is true or not. There is no proof either way, and in fact not even any data to support any conclusion. If that is your opinion, you are entitled to it, but it is not factual.

The reason you do not believe in God is most often what Jesus says in the passage below, "a sluggish heart." . IOW, you do not have the desire to know the truth. . The reasons for such are multiple and varied. But often enough it is because of man’s greatest sin, imo. Pride, ego, pursuit of pleasure and comfort above all else.

Thank you! That is SO true.

I think the 2 biggest things that blind people to God are pride, and sin. (Isaiah 59:2)

As C.S Lewis puts it:

“As long as you are proud you cannot know God. A proud man is always looking down on things and people: and, of course, as long as you are looking down you cannot see something that is above you.”
“Pride leads to every other vice: it is the complete anti-God state of mind.”

Anyone who has participated in theism vs atheism debates knows that atheists and skeptics typically think they are too smart to believe in God, and there's always a very condescending attitude towards religion (calling it "fairy tales" etc.) Don't get me wrong, I get it, in the past when I was an unbeliever I had a similar attitude. I thought "I'm too smart to believe in silly stuff like that." But pride is blinding. And it leads to a fall. (Proverbs 16:18) And also, as you put it, the pursuit of pleasure and comfort above all else. And that reminds me of another great C.S Lewis quote:

"If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth, only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back