There is no Tyranny!

I will be the first armed citizen to join the militia when tyranny happens, make no mistake!

This is interesting, a list of the worlds tyrants, and dictators through the years;

Dictators and Tyrants in World History

guess what you won't find on that list........an American.

It must be great to be so simple-minded and carefree and oblivious to what is going on around you. No wonder you are happy.

I wonder how happy you'll be when the grocery store shelves are empty, gas is $10.00 a gallon (if it's available), the electric grid is shut down, your paper money is worthless, and you have thugs breaking into your house to steal what little you have.

Reality is a BITCH. I guess you'll find out the hard way, unfortunately.

I will be the first armed citizen to join the militia when tyranny happens, make no mistake!

This is interesting, a list of the worlds tyrants, and dictators through the years;

Dictators and Tyrants in World History

guess what you won't find on that list........an American.

It must be great to be so simple-minded and carefree and oblivious to what is going on around you. No wonder you are happy.

I wonder how happy you'll be when the grocery store shelves are empty, gas is $10.00 a gallon (if it's available), the electric grid is shut down, your paper money is worthless, and you have thugs breaking into your house to steal what little you have.

Reality is a BITCH. I guess you'll find out the hard way, unfortunately.

When those things happen I will take you seriously. Show me that is happening and as I said, I shall be the first armed citizen to join the militia.
Where is one solid indistputeable example of that happening.

I love my country, I don't buy the current "end is near" rethoric, and you call me simple minded.

Go buy a ticket home fidel......from the description of society you gave, " grocery store shelves are empty, gas is $10.00 a gallon (if it's available), the electric grid is shut down, your paper money is worthless, and you have thugs breaking into your house to steal what little you have"

sounds like that's where you been for 50 years....Cuba.

Last edited:
Our Government is doing the same things that King George did the to Colonists.
Ignoring our laws.
Sen. Harry Reid refusing to bring up bills in the Senate, passed by the House for the last two years.
Imposing taxes without our consent.
Depriving Citizens of a trial by jury
Abolishing free enterprise by making too many regulations
Altering our Constitutional rights.
Exciting domestic insurrections. Example- Republicans are our enemy and a general us vs them.
Wanting to ban certain popular legal firearms.
These are the same type of things that We fought over in our Revolutionary War.

I think slackbrain meant other than "that" kind of stuff. :eusa_whistle:

This country has NO room for people who hate everyone else.

melt or become useless to this country

Bullshit. This country has room for everyone. People who don't want to melt don't have to melt.

The reason there is no tyranny in this country is because there is no one allowed point of view. The day when a point of view, any point of view, is no longer allowed will be the day we will have tyranny.

That's right, the government of the USA is NOT a "rogue" government, it is not tyrannical.

All you clowns claiming otherwise are insulting the people of the world who do live under a tyrannical government.

Grow up!

I don't see a bunch of citizens in the street with guns, what are you yammering about?

That's right, the government of the USA is NOT a "rogue" government, it is not tyrannical.

All you clowns claiming otherwise are insulting the people of the world who do live under a tyrannical government.

Grow up!

I don't see a bunch of citizens in the street with guns, what are you yammering about?

This thread is in response to the varied assortment of doomsayers on the board in a variety of threads who are insisting our government has gone mad with power, or that an armed insurrection is just about to commence.the fact that you see no citizens massed in the streets, with or without guns, only further advances my point.

Grow up!

This thread is in response to the varied assortment of doomsayers on the board in a variety of threads who are insisting our government has gone mad with power, or that an armed insurrection is just about to commence.the fact that you see no citizens massed in the streets, with or without guns, only further advances my point.

Perhaps some folks are more adept at spotting trends than others. A trend is one thing and tyranny is another. I could see where someone might say, "If things go on like this, there will be...." But, I don't think we're there yet.

That doesn't mean you get to decide very many things about how well armed I am. I was armed under Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and I'll continue be armed under Obama too. It has nothing to do with any soon to come tyrannical government, but if one shows up, I'll be able to do my part to get rid of it.

I said on another thread, in 1929, no German would have believed that they would be ruled by Hitler, but 3 years later, that's exactly what happened. You never know when it's right around the corner. No need to be paranoid, but there is a need to be at least mildly prepared. And, it's your civic duty under the 2nd Amendment. With rights also come responsibility.

Saturday Morning my wife and I will pack our suitcases and head off to Albequerque for a weekend getaway. Despite being armed, we will cross the AZ/NM state line, and will not be stopped and searched or to "produce our papers". Unmolested we will continue our drive into the city to a hotel of our choosing, and will freely check in upon making the proper financial arrangements, and will do so without interference from any government entity.
We will spend the weekend doing as we please, and moving freely throughout any portion of the city we choose, without any government interference whatsoever.
Despite anything we may have purchased in NM, upon our return to AZ we will not be stopped and forced to pay a 'duty' on our purchases or be required to relinquish them.

We may even stop out at Cottonwood Canyon Ranch on our way home and shoot our guns, completely ignored by our government.

Where is it that I am being oppressed?

You could also be wearing a "our government sucks" shirt the whole time, and get same result.

Most Americans constantly screaming about oppression and police state would be doing so regardless of current conditions in the country, their issue is their own and in many cases can be treated ironically at the expense of big brother.

Saturday Morning my wife and I will pack our suitcases and head off to Albequerque for a weekend getaway. Despite being armed, we will cross the AZ/NM state line, and will not be stopped and searched or to "produce our papers". Unmolested we will continue our drive into the city to a hotel of our choosing, and will freely check in upon making the proper financial arrangements, and will do so without interference from any government entity.
We will spend the weekend doing as we please, and moving freely throughout any portion of the city we choose, without any government interference whatsoever.
Despite anything we may have purchased in NM, upon our return to AZ we will not be stopped and forced to pay a 'duty' on our purchases or be required to relinquish them.

We may even stop out at Cottonwood Canyon Ranch on our way home and shoot our guns, completely ignored by our government.

I think I just posted that there isn't tyranny. I didn't mention oppression one way or the other. I said that I could understand if someone said there was a trend one way or another. That's all I said.

I think that's all there is. Now, we have decided that we're going to be a social democracy instead of a Constitutional Republic apparently, but there are plenty of those in Europe that aren't "oppressive" per se. Maybe don't have the freedoms we have, but they aren't "oppressed."

Oh, I'd recommend not taking fruits or vegetables across that border.

Perhaps some folks are more adept at spotting trends than others. A trend is one thing and tyranny is another. I could see where someone might say, "If things go on like this, there will be...." But, I don't think we're there yet.

That doesn't mean you get to decide very many things about how well armed I am. I was armed under Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and I'll continue be armed under Obama too. It has nothing to do with any soon to come tyrannical government, but if one shows up, I'll be able to do my part to get rid of it.

I said on another thread, in 1929, no German would have believed that they would be ruled by Hitler, but 3 years later, that's exactly what happened. You never know when it's right around the corner. No need to be paranoid, but there is a need to be at least mildly prepared. And, it's your civic duty under the 2nd Amendment. With rights also come responsibility.

For instance.

Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.........

In a nation with the first amendment right of free speech, in a taxpayer paid school.......you get suspended for wearing red, white and blue and chanting USA at a sports event?

Nothing to see here citizens, move along.

For instance.

Students Told to Stop ?USA!? Chant, Take Off American Flag Bandanas - By Andrew Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

Four California high-school students were reportedly suspended for chanting “U.S.A! U.S.A!” and wearing American flag bandanas during a basketball game. While their punishment has since been rescinded, school administrators said “the incident is far from over.”

Oxnard Union School District superintendent Gabe Soumakian told Fox News Radio that “we need to pursue this further” and “work with teachers and students and the community about the concept of cultural proficiency.” Soumakian and Camarillo High School principal Glenn Lipman felt that the students’ actions might have had racist undertones since the schools have large Hispanic student populations.........

In a nation with the first amendment right of free speech, in a taxpayer paid school.......you get suspended for wearing red, white and blue and chanting USA at a sports event?

Nothing to see here citizens, move along.

Unfortunately, schools are inhabited by a special species of Stalinists. You almost wouldn't believe it if you saw what goes on in these places. I represented a couple of kids, at separate times, in front of the school board for an expulsion hearing. The Star Chamber couldn't have been any scarier than that place. And, probably had a higher regard for due process too.

We just need to clean house on these cesspools called schools. I'd put them in a separate category.

That's your opinion. Nothing more.

No. That's a fact.

I want you to write this on a post-it and put it on your bathroom mirror:

A President with term limits, subject to congressional oversight, judicial review, and veto override is NOT A TYRANT.

No. That's a fact.

A President with term limits, subject to congressional oversight, judicial review, and veto override is NOT A TYRANT.

But see: House Joint Resolution 15

The joint resolution seeks to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. A joint resolution is one way to start the process of amending the U.S. Constitution.

So it's not like there isn't some effort being put forward. Oversight? Ok, we've been asking what happened in Benghazi for nearly 6 months now and we're barely any farther than when we started. Judicial review, the jury's still out. LOL....get it...

No. That's a fact.

But see: House Joint Resolution 15

The joint resolution seeks to repeal the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, which sets a term limit for election to the office of President of the United States. A joint resolution is one way to start the process of amending the U.S. Constitution.

So it's not like there isn't some effort being put forward. Oversight? Ok, we've been asking what happened in Benghazi for nearly 6 months now and we're barely any farther than when we started. Judicial review, the jury's still out. LOL....get it...

Again.....

$nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Forum List

Back