There's no such thing as "judeo christian"

That's a political term, invented by Jews, to gain support for themselves from Christian Americans.

You are either Jew or Christian, there is no in between, there is no being both.

As far as common roots, that is meaningless. On a long enough timeline going back, we all have common roots. That doesn't mean we are the same now.

To understand the term Judeo-Christian it requires the ability to grasp subtly and nuance. Perhaps that is the reason for your confusion. No, christians and Jews are not the same but they share a common origin (Jesus was a Jew) and many common values.

No. Jesus was a Jew, but he had nothing to do with the development of that religion. The rules of Judaism were set long before he as born.

I didn't say Jesus developed Judaism, but as a Jew he is responsible for Christianity. Nobody thinks Jesus developed Judaism since the religion was around 1000 years before he lived.

His being a Jew had nothing to do with the development of Christianity. The religious beliefs are exact opposites of each other in so many ways. The only connection between the two is that they were both practiced a long time ago.

Sorry, facts are facts- Jesus was a Jew and his teachings are the foundation of Christianity. Yes, the religions are different, but you can't ignore the facts. And they do share many commonalities. Ever heard of the Old Testament?

The Old Testament (abbreviated OT) is the first part of Christian Bibles based primarily upon the Hebrew Bible (or Tanakh), a collection of ancient religious writings by the Israelites believed by many Christians and religious Jews to be the sacred Word of God.

To understand the term Judeo-Christian it requires the ability to grasp subtly and nuance. Perhaps that is the reason for your confusion. No, christians and Jews are not the same but they share a common origin (Jesus was a Jew) and many common values.

No. Jesus was a Jew, but he had nothing to do with the development of that religion. The rules of Judaism were set long before he as born.

I didn't say Jesus developed Judaism, but as a Jew he is responsible for Christianity. Nobody thinks Jesus developed Judaism since the religion was around 1000 years before he lived.

His being a Jew had nothing to do with the development of Christianity. The religious beliefs are exact opposites of each other in so many ways. The only connection between the two is that they were both practiced a long time ago.

wrong----the fact that Jesus was a Pharisee jew ---an adherent of the school of
HILLEL has lots to do with many aspects of the eventual shape of some forms
of Christianity. The sects that his Pharisee Judaism did not touch include
Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodox sect. "exact opposites" ??? nope----
not even close

Really? So what intermediary do Jews accept as the only way for a connection to God? That is the main tenant of Christianity. Jews see Jesus as a false Messiah, not the one and only way to get to heaven.

you are getting into the PAULINE doctrine-----with the Constantine modifications---I did not suggest Pharisee jews do the "intermediary" thing. Today---the closest
messiah sect like thing in Judaism is-----IMO, is the LUBAVITCH Chassidic sect
that sees Menachem Schneerson (now dead) as a possible messiah like character (don't tell anyone I mentioned it) and even they do not consider him
a "part of 'god' " or ask him to INTERCEDE. The trinity idea----IMO----is quite
an innovation for a "jewish sect" SO? that does not make the religions "exact
opposites"

not even close

Really? So what intermediary do Jews accept as the only way for a connection to God? That is the main tenant of Christianity. Jews see Jesus as a false Messiah, not the one and only way to get to heaven.

you are getting into the PAULINE doctrine-----with the Constantine modifications---I did not suggest Pharisee jews do the "intermediary" thing. Today---the closest
that sees Menachem Schneerson (now dead) as a possible messiah like character (don't tell anyone I mentioned it) and even they do not consider him
opposites"

It makes the unquestionably main tenant of Christianity (Christ is required for salvation), and the unquestionably main tenant of Judaism ( I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me), exact opposites.

not even close

opposites"

It makes the unquestionably main tenant of Christianity (Christ is required for salvation), and the unquestionably main tenant of Judaism ( I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me), exact opposites.

I do not agree with your theory of EXACT OPPOSITES-------you are citing
one "issue"------but-----you are entitled to your FOCUS

Forum List

Back