🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There's only one solution to the budget and the National Debt, no one likes it

the only answer is to cut our defense budget by $250 billion a year
You do know your welfare "budget" is well north of a trillion
social security and medicare ARE NOT WELFARE...we have paid in to them via payroll taxes since our first legit job in our teens until in our 60's...about 45 years straight of paying in, before we can draw the benefit.
That is partially correct.

Tell Me, does the money stop flowing if you live long enough to collect back every penny you put into it?
If you are one of the lucky ones to live a much longer life...
So, any money pulled from SS after you have depleted your savings is no longer "your money".
I understand your point, but it matters naught.....this is how most annuities and other private retirement plans work....you get paid your pension while you are alive, however long you live.... it's not a savings account, it's a retirement pension, which should be coupled with savings and other plans like your IRAs and 401k plans....a 3 legged stool.....

You do know your welfare "budget" is well north of a trillion
social security and medicare ARE NOT WELFARE...we have paid in to them via payroll taxes since our first legit job in our teens until in our 60's...about 45 years straight of paying in, before we can draw the benefit.
That is partially correct.

Tell Me, does the money stop flowing if you live long enough to collect back every penny you put into it?
If you are one of the lucky ones to live a much longer life...
So, any money pulled from SS after you have depleted your savings is no longer "your money".
I understand your point, but it matters naught.....this is how most annuities and other private retirement plans work....you get paid your pension while you are alive, however long you live.... it's not a savings account, it's a retirement pension, which should be coupled with savings and other plans like your IRAs and 401k plans....a 3 legged stool.....
Well, no. When My 401k runs out, I no longer get any money. The same with any other invested retirement vehicle.

I don't consider SS an entitlement program give we pay into it for ourselves, but at some point, it does become an entitlement.

In My opinion, when the Feds do their budgets, SS shouldn't even be on it, it should not be accounted for, and it absolutely must be locked away from the greed of Washington.

Forum List

Back