They attacked kids, and nothing is new

We haven't had the sae problems in Latin America? How about the FALN, Cuba, Chavez, the narco terrorists in Columbia, the Shining Path, MS-13, Mexican Drug gangs ... back in the 1970's, teh Catholic Church embraced something called "Liberation Theology" until Pope John Paul II put the kaybosh on that shit.
I understand what you are saying. Oppressed people are always going to find a way to resist. It is similar but I don't believe it is the same. Those Latin American problems lack both intensity and scale of what is found in the subset of the Islamic religion. The one curious example you have introduced is Liberation Theology. That movement was squelched by a dominant figure within the religion. Islam has no such authority figure. In fact they have the direct opposite which only serves to compound the problem. The State of Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf Coast Monarchies who empower the fundamental Islamists for political gain.

ame here. Look at the posts on this thread by the regressives in "response" to the OP: Most of them are the standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy.

In pushing their ideology, they effectively end up aligned with the jihadists. Surely they recognize this, and that's why they can't respond without the deflect/pivot/attack thing.

It's like a drug addict who knows they shouldn't shoot up, they know it's wrong, but they're compelled to do it anyway.

Ironically, you can't communicate with them any more easily than you can that drug addict.

Only person I see with communications issues here is you. We set out a perfectly good counter-argument.

1) Our problem with the Middle East isn't their religion, it's our policies.

2) Its not our place to tell them what they should believe.

3) When you and the other armchair warriors do what I did 36 years ago this month- enlist in the armed forces- I will take you seriously. Otherwise, you are just volunteering someone else's kid to com back in body bags, and that makes you contemptible.

I understand what you are saying. Oppressed people are always going to find a way to resist. It is similar but I don't believe it is the same. Those Latin American problems lack both intensity and scale of what is found in the subset of the Islamic religion. The one curious example you have introduced is Liberation Theology. That movement was squelched by a dominant figure within the religion. Islam has no such authority figure. In fact they have the direct opposite which only serves to compound the problem. The State of Saudi Arabia and the other Gulf Coast Monarchies who empower the fundamental Islamists for political gain.

And that's the problem people like Mac refuse to see. When you have a five way civil war in Syria or a four way war in Libya or a three way war in Yemen or Iraq, you have a lot of different factions with their own agendas, being backed by other powers with their own agendas. Not just religious but political, nationalist and economic. Don't worry, all we have to do is listen to some articulate western educated Muslim who will tell you what you want to hear.

Here, honest liberal Dave Rubin discusses the damage the Regressives have done to Ali's efforts. Of course, they agree that Islam is in desperate need of a Reformation:

I think it's kind of arrogant for anyone to say what someone else's religion should believe.

We've installed military dictatorships all over South and Central America. We don't have the same problem. You can't deny that the radical Islamists have found an excuse within the religion to justify their actions to themselves.

We haven't had the sae problems in Latin America? How about the FALN, Cuba, Chavez, the narco terrorists in Columbia, the Shining Path, MS-13, Mexican Drug gangs ... back in the 1970's, teh Catholic Church embraced something called "Liberation Theology" until Pope John Paul II put the kaybosh on that shit.

Let's not forget the Orange Shitgibbon in the White House got there because a lot of white people are scared by this shit.

Ignorance. Your current Pope is a bigtime SJW.

Never thought that I would see the day.
Same here. Look at the posts on this thread by the regressives in "response" to the OP: Most of them are the standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy.

In pushing their ideology, they effectively end up aligned with the jihadists. Surely they recognize this, and that's why they can't respond without the deflect/pivot/attack thing.

It's like a drug addict who knows they shouldn't shoot up, they know it's wrong, but they're compelled to do it anyway.

Ironically, you can't communicate with them any more easily than you can that drug addict.

Yes but again, you can't name anyone who has "aligned with the jihadists" on this board....

There are good and bad people of all faiths, religions, occupations, creeds, genders, etc.... Trashing the whole for the actions of a few is simply wrong. Is that too hard for you to understand?

I accept that people will laugh at me, but my heart was literally broken when the regressive leftards here behaved as though it was just another day at the office when children were slaughtered in this attack in Manchester.
I feel like I have a lot to say, but at the same time, I am, for once, truly speechless.

Last edited:
I accept that people will laugh at me, but my heart was literally broken when the regressive leftards here behaved as though it was just another day at the office when children were slaughtered in this attack in Manchester.
I feel like I have a lot to say, but at the same time I am, for once, truly speechless.

You have limited ability to think. That is why you have allowed others to convince you that liberals are "leftards" and regressive ( cool new word for you, eh dummy) and don't care about the children.

In what way did you alter your behaviour on the day that this attack took place?

I accept that people will laugh at me, but my heart was literally broken when the regressive leftards here behaved as though it was just another day at the office when children were slaughtered in this attack in Manchester. I feel like I have a lot to say, but at the same time, I am, for once, truly speechless.
The regressives are absolutely committed, so we were both wrong in expecting anything different.

Yes but again, you can't name anyone who has "aligned with the jihadists" on this board....
Several Regressive Leftists on this very thread and on every related thread on this board.

Doing what they always do - spin, deflect, insult.

You just can't, or won't, see it.

What absolutely fascinates me is which one it is - can't or won't?

The psychology of ideology is absolutely intriguing to me.

Well, it looks like ol' Mac was really, really wrong.

My assumption has always been that the one (1) thing the jihadists knew they couldn't do was slaughter children. Pop concert, school, hospital, church, whatever. I've always assumed that such an attack would be the one (1) thing that would unite the country and world against them, and that they were aware of that.

Nope, not gonna happen. Not kids. As crazed as they are, these guys know better.

Turns out that was completely wrong. Look at the comments by the usual suspects on these threads. Say something bad about the animals who did this, and ultimately the personal attacks and name-calling will begin - not directed at the jihadists, at you.

How much outrage has there been from the "media"? Half as much, one tenth as much, as they have with a story about Trump? Nope. No outrage. Just calm, balanced "reporting". How much outrage here? All of it from the usual suspects is directed at those who are outraged over the slaughter of kids.

I don't even want to think about what this really means.

nintchdbpict000326106546.jpg
Keep terrorist out of your country. Immigration ban.

Keep terrorist out of your country. Immigration ban.
No, I'm not for that. I've posted much material on this thread on honest liberals and passionate Muslims who are fighting for a true, comprehensive, modern Islamic Reformation. They're having to fight both the jihadists and the Regressive Left, however, so their progress is slow. A full Reformation could culturally marginalize the jihadists damn near into oblivion. But the jihadists and regressives will fight this every step of the way. They're aligned in that way.

We also have to look honestly at our own actions, starting with the way we have flooded the Middle East with our soldiers and tanks and bombs. Something that big and intrusive and destructive provides easy fodder for those two groups. I could go into what this has cost us in blood and money again, but that's for another thread.

As with all complicated issues, no one can point the finger in just one direction.

Obviously we can't be directly involved in an Islamic Reformation. But we can oppose those who are fighting against it, and support those who are for it.

Several Regressive Leftists on this very thread and on every related thread on this board.

It fascinates me too; you spend hours upon hours bitching about those who are politically correct and when given a forum to name the names of those "aligned with the jihadists" (your words, not mine) on this board, you choose to be politically correct.

What absolutely fascinates me is which one it is--can't name or won't name?

It fascinates me too; you spend hours upon hours bitching about those who are politically correct and when given a forum to name the names of those "aligned with the jihadists" (your words, not mine) on this board, you choose to be politically correct.

What absolutely fascinates me is which one it is--can't name or won't name?
Great, thanks.

My assumption has always been that the one (1) thing the jihadists knew they couldn't do was slaughter children. Pop concert, school, hospital, church, whatever. I've always assumed that such an attack would be the one (1) thing that would unite the country and world against them, and that they were aware of that.

Nope, not gonna happen. Not kids. As crazed as they are, these guys know better.

Turns out that was completely wrong. Look at the comments by the usual suspects on these threads. Say something bad about the animals who did this, and ultimately the personal attacks and name-calling will begin - not directed at the jihadists, at you.

How much outrage has there been from the "media"? Half as much, one tenth as much, as they have with a story about Trump? Nope. No outrage. Just calm, balanced "reporting". How much outrage here? All of it from the usual suspects is directed at those who are outraged over the slaughter of kids.

Wow I guess you missed it when they slaughtered Christian school kids...

Muslim group slaughters 43 children in Nigerian school, children burned alive, Jihadists shot and slit the throats of children who tried to escape through the windows - Geller Report

Muslim Jihadists Attack Two Schools, And Brutally Slaughter Thirty Small Children

Manchester Isn't the First Time Jihadists Have Slaughtered Children

Muslim group slaughters 43 children in Nigerian school, children burned alive, Jihadists shot and slit the throats of children who tried to escape through the windows - Geller Report

Muslim Jihadists Attack Two Schools, And Brutally Slaughter Thirty Small Children
My point was the jihadists bringing this to the West.

That specific culture has made life very cheap in that part of the world.

Manchester Isn't the First Time Jihadists Have Slaughtered Children

I realize it's a lost cause but here it goes....

Do you think anyone who slaughters or attacks innocent people (children or adults) are acting on a true understanding of their religion or have they adopted some bastardized version of it?

Holy crap, how have I not seen this before: Brave liberal Muslim Majid Nawaaz's response to attacks by the Regressive Left. I wish I could get the regressives here to read it, but I will not hold my breath. They don't want to know.

I'm being smeared by angry white liberals as an 'anti-Muslim extremist'

If there was anything we liberals should have learnt from McCarthyism, it is that compiling lists of our political foes is a malevolent, nefarious, and incredibly dangerous thing to do. And this terrible tactic, of simplifying and reducing our political opponents to a rogue’s gallery of “bad guys,” is not solely the domain of the right. As the political horseshoe theory attributed to Jean-Pierre Faye highlights, if we travel far-left enough, we find the very same sneering, nasty and reckless bullying tactics used by the far-right. Denunciations of traitors, heresy and blasphemy are the last resort of diminutive, insecure power-craving fascists of all stripes. Compiling lists is their modus operandi.

My point was the jihadists bringing this to the West.

That specific culture has made life very cheap in that part of the world

So it's only a big deal when white children are killed?

Because again, you had no problem when our sanctions on Iraq had cost the lives of hundreds of thosuands of Iraqi Children.

Or when the Zionists killed hundreds of Palestinian Children

Or when the wars in Afghanistan, Yemen, Iraq, Libya and Syria killed thousands of children.

But when some white kids in Manchester get killed, its' suddenly a big deal. Interesting

Forum List

Back