Think IT is a great career? Guess again...

Been hearing scare stores of the death of the IT career since 2001, everything from outsourcing to self-programming bullshit yet it never happens because every new avenue that eliminates some jobs opens up even more new ones.

These guys are going to eliminate the IT departments in 95% of world businesses.

Microsoft Corporation

IT will still be a good profession. You will either work for Microsoft, IBM, etc or for those businesses that dont subscribe to putting all their resources into the cloud. Also many companies have a serious issue about not being able to keep tabs on the people that take care of their IT needs.

Been hearing scare stores of the death of the IT career since 2001, everything from outsourcing to self-programming bullshit yet it never happens because every new avenue that eliminates some jobs opens up even more new ones.

It's coming to fruition.

Met a forklift operator in Kansas City that was a former IT guy.

He seemed pretty green on the equipment and I said it was good to be able to get full time work in the present economy.

He told me he had worked as a forklift operator there 12 years previous, but had pursued a degree and got a good IT job...but his department had been cut by half, and he couldn't find another IT job...so when his unemployment ran out, he was back loading trucks.

Anecdotal evidence, but it does support the OP's assertion. This was just a month or so ago.

Last edited:
Because no one has to worry about security in the cloud, right?

More or less than in-house, but a small business owner can take advantage of Microsoft security technology.

Microsoft security technology only exists in the minds of idiots.

I'll bet you use it everyday, so who's the idiot?

btw; part of Microsoft security wouldn't let me open this website yesterday when the website owners included a Russian based hosting in their adds.

More or less than in-house, but a small business owner can take advantage of Microsoft security technology.

btw; part of Microsoft security wouldn't let me open this website yesterday when the website owners included a Russian based hosting in their adds.

I know exactly what I use everyday. My browser doesn't even open those Russian ads, because I bloc k all that shit before Microsoft even notices it exists.

I know exactly what I use everyday. My browser doesn't even open those Russian ads, because I bloc k all that shit before Microsoft even notices it exists.

Wow! You are so good at everything! You are awesome!

Really? The website diaoplayer dot com which is a counter for one of this websites advertising is a .ru hosted website that downloads a financial information Trojan.

Forum List

Back