This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Very Seams

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

And that’s a problem, a big problem.

This country is tearing apart at the very seams

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Good article.
Trump has nothing to do with it. Our nation is divided because the Oligarchy that runs everything from the government to the media to academia, wants us divided. The billionaires run the show along with a bunch of psychopathic neocons.

If the people were united, these jackasses know their toast.

^^^ THIS. They want us divided. It’s all about distracting people from what’s really happening by keeping us busy fighting each other. Divide and conquer.

What's really happening is that corporate America, Republicans, and tRump are throwing the American Worker under the bus.

By using the magic wand?

Actually they are throwing the anti-American moocher out of the bus... and that's why you are pissed.

American Workers that used the Per Diem deduction are anti-American? Hard working truck drivers received a $4k to $8k tax increase. I guess truck drivers are now anti-American.

IRS Announces New Per Diem Rates For Taxpayers Who Travel For Business

There is also no evidence that government management doesn't work, and much evidence to suggest that government management, in some areas, most certainly does work. Conservatives seem to be determined to set up government programs to fail. To burden them with an excess of administration and "fraud prevention" to ensure the costs outweigh the benefits and the programs collapse from their own burdensome expense.
The evidence is what we're living and I have yet to see what Democrats have done to rescind or repeal those evil Republicans- and conversely I have yet to see what Republicans have rescinded or repealed what those evil Democrats have done.
They want the same thing they just want their rhetoric to brand it.

The word 'managed' in that bullet point may be used interchangeably with the words 'accomplished' and 'obtained' . There is no conflict.

Definition of MANAGE

conduct, manage, control, direct mean to use one's powers to lead, guide, or dominate. conduct implies taking responsibility for the acts and achievements of a group. conducted negotiations manage implies direct handling and manipulating or maneuvering toward a desired result. manages a meat market control implies a regulating or restraining in order to keep within bounds or on a course. controlling his appetite direct implies constant guiding and regulating so as to achieve smooth operation. directs the store's day-to-day business

Newt and Tom Delay ushered the crazy in with their contract on America, and the right wing crazies have expanded it since then.

I think the death of the Fairness Doctrine during the Reagan Administration has a lot to do with it. Under FD, broadcasters were required to present both sides of a controversy so that one point of view wasn't being hammered home. Once this stopped being enforced, right wing talk radio took over the midwest.

Americans have been brainwashed by toxic billionaire media trashing liberals and liberal policies for generations. Framing all liberals as "commies" and the poor as "lazy", "criminal" and "selfish", gave them an excuse for cutting social programs. Ayn Rand became a hero to the right, as did Milton Friedman, who won the Nobel Prize for economics, and managed to find willing accolytes in the Republican Party.

Friedman promoted the idea that all social programs were bad, and that free market capitalism would allow both prices and wages to settle into a sustainable system whereby the best and the brightest would rise by virtue of their efforts. These ideas continue to be echoed in the Republican Party's economic platform, and promoted by the billionaire media, despite Friedman's "trickle down" economics having been utterly discredited.

Eagerly embraced in the 1970's by regime change American fronted strongmen in Chile, Argentina, and Brazil, the results were always the same: wages fell, prices rose, proverty increased, and wealth became more concentrated. But the strongmen were unopposed. That's because first they killed all of the lawyers, the teachers, and the leftist leaders. In Chile, they took all of the leftist leaders to the soccer stadium and shot them. After the massacre in the soccer stadium, anyone who spoke out against the poverty and injustice, had a dark coloured Ford pull up to their home, and was dragged out of their home in handcuffs in broad daylight, never to be seen again. People kept quiet for generations.

But in true Republican style, the GOP learned NOTHING from the mistakes of the past. Their economic policies are "tax cuts good, raising wage bad". The minimum wage has been raised 9 times since Reagan was elected in 1980. We're talking about people who are working full time. They're not selfish or lazy. They get up every day and go to work like everyone else and yet there were no benefits for these people. No employer health insurance, not even enough money for one person to live on. And because all low skill jobs are pegged to the minimum wage, those people haven't had raises either.

Added to which, the GOP now blames job losses for low skill workers on Democrats, unions, trade agreements (which the GOP negotiated, and signed, the Democratso fought at every turn, but are now also blamed on Democrats), and illegal immigration, when in reality, companies have been offshoring to maximize GOP tax benefits, to avoid environmental regulations, to lower production costs and increase profits.
You are a racist and bigot. You hide it with snide remarks based from other eras. Your type of anti love is old. Part of the Saul Alinsky tripe that has taken hold of your party since the 1960's. The Reagan tax cut and tax changes removed a stranglehold on the working class peasants that you so do not like. High inflation back then combined with many many tax brackets move the peons into higher and higher tax brackets. Reagan reduced the taxes 23% for the peon and eliminated indexing by adding inflation to the tax forms. Combine with the intrest rate slowly reducing form the Volcker debt squeeze raising the prime rate to double digits the economy then boomed after more then a decade of malaise from the LBJ massive spending that peaked us out before 1970.

American Workers that used the Per Diem deduction are anti-American? Hard working truck drivers received a $4k to $8k tax increase. I guess truck drivers are now anti-American.
Of course we're only allowed to use money as godvernment sees fit- it "manages" our personal financial affairs to insure we're not spending more than management allots. That's benevolent management don't you know.

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

As someone who moved here 20 years ago, and studied american history....America has some major issues and it will end up breaking into pieces. the actual United states system won't work for long.
Living in California when I visit some red states I feel as if i flew to a third world country.....don't get me wrong California has its issues as well....but far from it, there is a huge gap between what California does and offer and what most of the heartland and southern states do and offer.
You can bash all you want but most of blue states are in parallel or trying at least to stay at course with the developed world but the rest of the States are still stuck in the 17th century.
I challenge any of you to VIisit, Japan, Malaysia, Dubai, Germany and tell me if you don't feel that states Like Arkansas, Alabama, Missouri, Idaho......look like third world countries.
Ever been to SE Los Angeles? How about Englewood in Chicago? Dearborn with all the goat-lovers ? Those are third world shitholes

All that you mentioned were prospering communities until Nixon opened the door to Japans product dump.

Oh it is tearing apart its because people like YOU are trying to change what our country was formed on. Our founders WERE White Nationalists in the very essence of the word. The sooner it collapses the sooner we can get to shooting and cleaning America up and getting back to the way it should be.
81652860_485310105453677_1800473028040065024_n.jpg

Trump has nothing to do with it. Our nation is divided because the Oligarchy that runs everything from the government to the media to academia, wants us divided. The billionaires run the show along with a bunch of psychopathic neocons.

If the people were united, these jackasses know their toast.

^^^ THIS. They want us divided. It’s all about distracting people from what’s really happening by keeping us busy fighting each other. Divide and conquer.

What's really happening is that corporate America, Republicans, and tRump are throwing the American Worker under the bus.
Hopefully you also see that after 8 years of the “black mascot for Wall Street,” the D party is doing the same thing.

The Democrats are NOT fighting against higher wages for workers.

The answer involves trump only to the extent that liberals cant accept the fact that they lost the 2016 election and now they will not get their way

its as simple as that

The American Worker lost in 2016.

You are a racist and bigot. You hide it with snide remarks based from other eras. Your type of anti love is old. Part of the Saul Alinsky tripe that has taken hold of your party since the 1960's. The Reagan tax cut and tax changes removed a stranglehold on the working class peasants that you so do not like. High inflation back then combined with many many tax brackets move the peons into higher and higher tax brackets. Reagan reduced the taxes 23% for the peon and eliminated indexing by adding inflation to the tax forms. Combine with the intrest rate slowly reducing form the Volcker debt squeeze raising the prime rate to double digits the economy then boomed after more then a decade of malaise from the LBJ massive spending that peaked us out before 1970.

History of the United States public debt - Wikipedia

Seems like a bi partisan effort to me.

Newt and Tom Delay ushered the crazy in with their contract on America, and the right wing crazies have expanded it since then.

I think the death of the Fairness Doctrine during the Reagan Administration has a lot to do with it. Under FD, broadcasters were required to present both sides of a controversy so that one point of view wasn't being hammered home. Once this stopped being enforced, right wing talk radio took over the midwest.

Americans have been brainwashed by toxic billionaire media trashing liberals and liberal policies for generations. Framing all liberals as "commies" and the poor as "lazy", "criminal" and "selfish", gave them an excuse for cutting social programs. Ayn Rand became a hero to the right, as did Milton Friedman, who won the Nobel Prize for economics, and managed to find willing accolytes in the Republican Party.

Friedman promoted the idea that all social programs were bad, and that free market capitalism would allow both prices and wages to settle into a sustainable system whereby the best and the brightest would rise by virtue of their efforts. These ideas continue to be echoed in the Republican Party's economic platform, and promoted by the billionaire media, despite Friedman's "trickle down" economics having been utterly discredited.

Eagerly embraced in the 1970's by regime change American fronted strongmen in Chile, Argentina, and Brazil, the results were always the same: wages fell, prices rose, proverty increased, and wealth became more concentrated. But the strongmen were unopposed. That's because first they killed all of the lawyers, the teachers, and the leftist leaders. In Chile, they took all of the leftist leaders to the soccer stadium and shot them. After the massacre in the soccer stadium, anyone who spoke out against the poverty and injustice, had a dark coloured Ford pull up to their home, and was dragged out of their home in handcuffs in broad daylight, never to be seen again. People kept quiet for generations.

But in true Republican style, the GOP learned NOTHING from the mistakes of the past. Their economic policies are "tax cuts good, raising wage bad". The minimum wage has been raised 9 times since Reagan was elected in 1980. We're talking about people who are working full time. They're not selfish or lazy. They get up every day and go to work like everyone else and yet there were no benefits for these people. No employer health insurance, not even enough money for one person to live on. And because all low skill jobs are pegged to the minimum wage, those people haven't had raises either.

Added to which, the GOP now blames job losses for low skill workers on Democrats, unions, trade agreements (which the GOP negotiated, and signed, the Democratso fought at every turn, but are now also blamed on Democrats), and illegal immigration, when in reality, companies have been offshoring to maximize GOP tax benefits, to avoid environmental regulations, to lower production costs and increase profits.
Nice post, Lady.

Of course we're only allowed to use money as godvernment sees fit- it "manages" our personal financial affairs to insure we're not spending more than management allots. That's benevolent management don't you know.

No. Per Diem was to equalize costs corporate vs. employee. tRump created an executive order screwing employees.

You're right- they are demanding wages that reduce profits and increase costs artificially. Artificially is the key.
We live in an artificial economy with artificial currency which began under a Democrat (wilson 1913) and has been exploited by both sides which is what happens with an artificial economy- neither side has done anything other than expand the artificial currency debt expanding the real enslavement of citizens, themselves included, to a central bank.

You're right- they are demanding wages that reduce profits and increase costs artificially. Artificially is the key.
We live in an artificial economy with artificial currency which began under a Democrat (wilson 1913) and has been exploited by both sides which is what happens with an artificial economy- neither side has done anything other than expand the artificial currency debt expanding the real enslavement of citizens, themselves included, to a central bank.

Costs for goods and services have been artificially raised for decades. Very little has been passed on to employees since wages have been flat since 1975.

i have very little respect for a president who campaigned as the champion of the working man in 2016, then proceeded to sell them out when he gained power, kicking millions of people off health care and food stamps they desperately need!

Our founders WERE White Nationalists in the very essence of the word. The sooner it collapses the sooner we can get to shooting and cleaning America up and getting back to the way it should be.
A nice, clear view of Trumpism.
Incredibly stupid today aren't ya Mac.
1. I don't support Trump he is a fucking zionist puppet neocon pussy
2. Trump HIMSELF has said he wants as much legal immigration as possible,hardly the speech of a supposed racist
3. Trump LIED to the white working class to get elected because above all the man can identify a group of people who BOTH parties had neglected and he used it to get elected.

Our founders WERE White Nationalists in the very essence of the word. The sooner it collapses the sooner we can get to shooting and cleaning America up and getting back to the way it should be.
2. Trump HIMSELF has said he wants as much legal immigration as possible,hardly the speech of a supposed racist
3. Trump LIED to the white working class to get elected because above all the man can identify a group of people who BOTH parties had neglected and he used it to get elected.
:laugh:

I stand corrected.

You're something else entirely.

:laugh:

I stand corrected.

You're something else entirely.
Yes. I am correct. I am what the founders were. We will win and fix America and Europe or we will destroy them completely before we let the horde of SHIT take them over.

Forum List

Back