This Country Is Tearing Apart At The Very Seams

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

And that’s a problem, a big problem.

This country is tearing apart at the very seams

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Good article.

So it’s the other guy’s fault? You just nailed why this country is fractured, we all blame the other guy.
There are reasons and until we face those reasons American will never unify.

I know and they are all wrong.

I have to admit I have an obsession. It gnaws at me. I am frequently preoccupied with it, searching for a solution to this puzzle only to be disappointed and frustrated.

How did this country get to the fractured, broken place that we currently find ourselves in?

I know part of the answer to that question involves Trump, but it’s far more than just that. It’s much deeper and has been in the works for much longer than the political prominence of Donald J. It goes back decades. It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness. There is a strain of person in this country that are frankly dumber than a stump and arrogant about it. Removing Trump either by a vote in the Senate or during the election won’t remove these people, they’re with us to stay.

It’s the legacy of toxic nativism, hateful racism, know-nothingism and general selfish assholishness.

You're seeing things in a very dark setting, here.

Let me bring some light into your world..

The Republicans support private enterprise to the max.
The Democrats support the middle classes, the poor, and the recent immigrants, to the max.

The Republicans think a prison industry is the solution to the problems caused by the poor's sufferings. It's not, btw.

The Democrats have great social plans, but not a clue on how to finance it.
They say 'tax the rich more', but that implies taking away the seed money that keeps your country and it's allies secure in this competitive world.

The solution, i think, is for the Democrats to play their role, but focus on how to pay for their plans a lot better,
and for Republicans to spend a little less on prison industry and more on affordable housing projects, each going up for a specific minority group (which tend to run into conflicts even with each other).

Fact is, the US has plenty of space for entirely new towns, far away from the homes of the rich(er) people.
I don't think you actually know what the Republicans think.
Enlighten me :)

Your first glaring mistake was saying the left support the middle class.
You must not be watching CNN-US a lot, do you?

The nation is splitting because of people like you
NOT THE TRUMP SUPPORTER but people like you.

You're seeing things in a very dark setting, here.

Let me bring some light into your world..

The Republicans support private enterprise to the max.
The Democrats support the middle classes, the poor, and the recent immigrants, to the max.

The Republicans think a prison industry is the solution to the problems caused by the poor's sufferings. It's not, btw.

The Democrats have great social plans, but not a clue on how to finance it.
They say 'tax the rich more', but that implies taking away the seed money that keeps your country and it's allies secure in this competitive world.

The solution, i think, is for the Democrats to play their role, but focus on how to pay for their plans a lot better,
and for Republicans to spend a little less on prison industry and more on affordable housing projects, each going up for a specific minority group (which tend to run into conflicts even with each other).

Fact is, the US has plenty of space for entirely new towns, far away from the homes of the rich(er) people.
I don't think you actually know what the Republicans think.
Enlighten me :)

Your first glaring mistake was saying the left support the middle class.
You must not be watching CNN-US a lot, do you?

After deciphering your broken english I'm going to answer to what I think you were trying to say.
No I dont watch CNN.

late 1980's....roger ailles puts rush limbaugh on radio stations all over the country.....hate radio is born!

followed by limbaugh copycats

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

24/7 of "LIBERALS are TRAITORS!"

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.
Meanwhile, Mexico has ‘discreetly’ stolen four states and counting from our republic...they’ve sent in 100 million of their people to infiltrate from the inside and morph American culture into some weird twisted MexAmerica sort of bullshit...but that has nothing to do with the divide...Rush did it!

I would argue that our agricultural community helped in attracting low paid, no benefit workers knowing that while they are here on our soil if they need healthcare the tax payer's would have to foot the bill. It's not all Mexico. It was encouraged by those here in america that saw the advantage of using people for personal gain.

The government gained as well. All those 15% withholding payments for people who were never going to claim "earned income credits", MediCare, or Social Security. Property taxes paid as part of their rent, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, cigarette taxes - all of the hidden taxes Americans pay every day, are part of the illegal immigrants' purchases as well.

late 1980's....roger ailles puts rush limbaugh on radio stations all over the country.....hate radio is born!

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.
Meanwhile, Mexico has ‘discreetly’ stolen four states and counting from our republic...they’ve sent in 100 million of their people to infiltrate from the inside and morph American culture into some weird twisted MexAmerica sort of bullshit...but that has nothing to do with the divide...Rush did it!

I would argue that our agricultural community helped in attracting low paid, no benefit workers knowing that while they are here on our soil if they need healthcare the tax payer's would have to foot the bill. It's not all Mexico. It was encouraged by those here in america that saw the advantage of using people for personal gain.

The government gained as well. All those 15% withholding payments for people who were never going to claim "earned income credits", MediCare, or Social Security. Property taxes paid as part of their rent, sales taxes, gasoline taxes, cigarette taxes - all of the hidden taxes Americans pay every day, are part of the illegal immigrants' purchases as well.

Absolutely. Many benefited from illegal immigration. It wasn't just Mexico.

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

That's not really "arguing"...thats excuse making.
If I left my keys in the ignition of my car and my car was stole would I be to blame for the theft?
How do you people pretend you don't know the origin of a criminal act?
There is no criminal act until the illegal traverses our border...you know that...right?
Remember when you father caught you being a follower and he'd ask; "if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you do it you dumbass?"

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

I've asked a thousand times before...."How has the average American benefited from multiculturalism and illegals?"
The best answer I ever get is..."food recipes" and "big latina asses"......and truthfully that's it.

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

That's not really "arguing"...thats excuse making.
If I left my keys in the ignition of my car and my car was stole would I be to blame for the theft?
How do you people pretend you don't know the origin of a criminal act?
There is no criminal act until the illegal traverses our border...you know that...right?
Remember when you father caught you being a follower and he'd ask; "if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you do it you dumbass?"

No, it's considering ALL the facts and not just those that support one position. Meh......I was the one being followed, not doing the following. My father taught me to not walk so fast because those not bright enough to figure things out on their own would need to follow me . (cheeky grin)

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

I've asked a thousand times before...."How has the average American benefited from multiculturalism and illegals?"
The best answer I ever get is..."food recipes" and "big latina asses"......and truthfully that's it.

You're a damn comedian. Too funny dude.

Yep, Rush did it.

You're a damn comedian. Too funny dude.

No he's an avowed racist who thinks that the only "real" American is a white one.

When I was a kid, "real" Americans didn't include those of Italian heritage. I was taught that these "swarthy men" were basically, human refuse, and Catholic to boot. Good only for manual labour, but basically dishonest and untrustworthy. "Italian construction company" was code for "Mafia", and the Italians were even less truthworth than the Jews.

In the 1800's, it was the Irish.

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

Oh boy...those inconveinent facts about to get in the way of your "because I think so" bullshit AGAIN...haha.
How about we do this...let’s look at the REAL data...
https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf
Let's analyze the numbers....so 3.1 million illegals of the bullshit estimation of 11 million paid an average of $349 per month toward social security and Medicare according to those figures....right?
So let's look at what they steal from American taxpayers shall we?
In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers... Under current law, all unlawful immigrant households together have an aggregate annual deficit of around $54.5 billion.

Busted you filthy lying bastards again...huh?
What now Katniss ?

who-really-receives-welfare-4126592

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

Oh boy...those inconveinent facts about to get in the way of your "because I think so" bullshit AGAIN...haha.
Let's analyze the numbers....so 3.1 million illegals of the bullshit estimation of 11 million paid an average of $349 per month toward social security and Medicare according to those figures....right?
In 2010, the average unlawful immigrant household received around $24,721 in government benefits and services while paying some $10,334 in taxes. This generated an average annual fiscal deficit (benefits received minus taxes paid) of around $14,387 per household. This cost had to be borne by U.S. taxpayers... Under current law, all unlawful immigrant households together have an aggregate annual deficit of around $54.5 billion.

What now Katniss ?

Dude - why are you cussing at me and calling me a filthy bastard? I'm a girl so technically I guess you could refer to me as a bitch but I'd rather you didn't because I'm not one.

I can't get my graph to upload........ UGH!

who-really-receives-welfare-4126592

and fox news
breitbart
pjmedia
the blaze......

There ya go.

Yep, Rush did it.

What now Katniss ?

You really should read the stuff you link to. It's not for nothing that you truly are a "Broke Loser". You and Meathead are the two most aptly named posters on this board:

From page 3 of your government study link:

Conclusion

While unauthorized immigrants worked and contributed as much as $13 billion in payroll taxes to the OASDI program in 2010, only about $1 billion in benefit payments during 2010 are attributable to unauthorized work. Thus, we estimate that earnings by unauthorized immigrants result in a net positive effect on Social Security financial status generally, and that this effect contributed roughly $12 billion to the cash flow of the program for 2010. We estimate that future years will experience a continuation of this positive impact on the trust funds.

The government's own study says that Social Security takes in $13 billion annually from illegal immigrants and only pays out $1 billion to those with fake birth certificates and SS numbers. That's a surplus of $12 billion just in SS trust funds, annually.

I think we can responably extrapolate these numbers to Medicare/Medicaid, and in "earned income credits" as well. If the government was not getting a HUGE benefit from illegal immigration, they would have put an end to it years ago.

Now I have no idea where your bullshit graph came from but it did not come from the article you linked to.

Last edited:
For a time was also caught up in the pettiness of the political landscape, then I thought about the history of the damage populist propaganda has done too our nation. The disengagement from rational thought in order to promote condoning a position by humiliating those opposing that position. Remember freedom fry's, what was that all about? or trashing our Vietnam troops. Why not start a conversation about knee jerk thinking, as apposed to looking at the history of the unwinnable wars or the hate of your fellow Americans we have been talked into.

Most Americans want as complete a freedom as can be managed in a very large scale democratic republic.
For the sake of brevity- I agree with a lot of what you posted- however, I'm going to take exception to the quoted which is where most of our problems arise from.

Words mean things: Free is unencumbered. Manage is encumbering.

We are a representative republic. Representatives are democratically elected. Putting the cart before the horse confuses the issue and done enough confusion becomes ingrained, therefore accepted, as fact and the above ain't.
The gov't management doesn't work. The founders suspected that would be the case and therefore limited it's granted "enumerated" power in the Constitution, i.e. the rules they were to abide by. We the people were to hold them accountable at election time, every two and 4 years. We haven't. Senators were to be State appointed.
The people are the managers- gov't wasn't granted that power. The people are the leaders, hence, representative- re present the wants and desires of another = servant, not leader, not manager, but servant. Servant is in servitude to another.
We the people are treated as being in servitude to gov't- we are, in fact, enslaved to privately owned entity, the Federal Reserve Bank.
The word 'managed' in that bullet point may be used interchangeably with the words 'accomplished' and 'obtained' . There is no conflict.

Trump has nothing to do with it. Our nation is divided because the Oligarchy that runs everything from the government to the media to academia, wants us divided. The billionaires run the show along with a bunch of psychopathic neocons.

If the people were united, these jackasses know their toast.

^^^ THIS. They want us divided. It’s all about distracting people from what’s really happening by keeping us busy fighting each other. Divide and conquer.

What's really happening is that corporate America, Republicans, and tRump are throwing the American Worker under the bus.

Wrong it’s the unwise voters electing crooks as the cause of America’s fall

Right, that throw the American Worker under the bus.

For a time was also caught up in the pettiness of the political landscape, then I thought about the history of the damage populist propaganda has done too our nation. The disengagement from rational thought in order to promote condoning a position by humiliating those opposing that position. Remember freedom fry's, what was that all about? or trashing our Vietnam troops. Why not start a conversation about knee jerk thinking, as apposed to looking at the history of the unwinnable wars or the hate of your fellow Americans we have been talked into.

The problem for the Republican Party, which continues to promote every failed and discredited radical right wing economic notion out there, is that it's really hard to get people to vote for "trickle down" economics without lying about it.

The basic articles of faith of Friedman's economic policies have all proved to be false, and in fact increase wealth inequality by reducing wages, increasing prices, and widening the gap between rich and poor. This past year, the Nobel prize in economics was given to a married couple who did a study on the effects of social programs initiative and productivity - it long being a conservative article of faith that social programs encourage sloth dependence on the state. The new Nobel prize winning study proved the opposite. That countries with cradle to the grave social programs encourage people to be MORE productive, and to achieve their best potential by freeing them from worry about things like education, illness, or economic factors outside their control.

Universal health care funded by taxes ensures that you are always guaranteed of having your basic standard of healthcare guaranteed regardless of your economic or employment status. Unemployment insurance programs provide workers with a basic income in the event of dismissal without cause: layoffs, shut downs, and firings without cause i.e. a man I knew was fired after 9 years so the company owner could hire his son for that job.

In Canada, the Employment Insurance program by the means by which financial assistance during economic downturns is funded, as well as funding maternity/patternity leaves, retraining programs, and new business startups for unemployed people.

Instead of using income support programs as government crutches, I have watched a number of people use these programs to complete community college degrees, get jobs training, and launch new businesses. The $500 child benefit my daughter received after the birth of my granddaughter, helped her and her husband through the tough first year of launching his business.

Your "for profit" medical system is another example of an abject failure, which you're constantly being told is "the best in the world". The USA has the most obese, unhealthy population in the first world. Your life expectancy has been declining since 2016, and it continues to decline. You have the highest rate of maternal death in pregnancy and childbirth in the first world, and the highest rate of infant mortality in the first world. 1/3 of all bankruptcies in the USA are related to the high costs of catastrophic illnesses. 35,000 Americans die every year from lack of timely access to quality health care. And yet, you spend almost twice as much per capita as any other nation in the world, on health care.

By every measure of success, your for profit healthcare system is a failure, and yet many of you continue to believe that it's the "best healthcare in the world"?

Now wash, rinse and repeat for the fast food/convenience food industries. Except in this case, fast food is giving you the cheapest food possible, and the least healthy. Good, nutritious food is a factor in brain development, and overall health, so those who live in poverty are more likely to be mal-nourished and obese, than those with access to fresh, healthy food. Canned/processed, low nutrition, pre-packaged crap is cheap, convenient, and easy.

Most Americans want as complete a freedom as can be managed in a very large scale democratic republic.
For the sake of brevity- I agree with a lot of what you posted- however, I'm going to take exception to the quoted which is where most of our problems arise from.

Words mean things: Free is unencumbered. Manage is encumbering.

We are a representative republic. Representatives are democratically elected. Putting the cart before the horse confuses the issue and done enough confusion becomes ingrained, therefore accepted, as fact and the above ain't.
The gov't management doesn't work. The founders suspected that would be the case and therefore limited it's granted "enumerated" power in the Constitution, i.e. the rules they were to abide by. We the people were to hold them accountable at election time, every two and 4 years. We haven't. Senators were to be State appointed.
The people are the managers- gov't wasn't granted that power. The people are the leaders, hence, representative- re present the wants and desires of another = servant, not leader, not manager, but servant. Servant is in servitude to another.
We the people are treated as being in servitude to gov't- we are, in fact, enslaved to privately owned entity, the Federal Reserve Bank.
The word 'managed' in that bullet point may be used interchangeably with the words 'accomplished' and 'obtained' . There is no conflict.

There is also no evidence that government management doesn't work, and much evidence to suggest that government management, in some areas, most certainly does work. Conservatives seem to be determined to set up government programs to fail. To burden them with an excess of administration and "fraud prevention" to ensure the costs outweigh the benefits and the programs collapse from their own burdensome expense.

Private colleges and universities are an example of a system that doesn't work, over public colleges and universities, which is a system which does. The public has a vested interest in the education and employment of the young, since these are the people who are going to be looking after us in our old age.

Keeping the children of the poor, uneducated, and lacking in the skills they will need to succeed in the 21st Century is being penny wise and pound foolish. Foisting the expense of educating their children onto their parents basically ensures a caste system whereby the children of the poor will never get the kind of education they will need to become productive members of society. What a foolish thing to do to your country.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back