This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)

America is becoming a second world country.

How would you know, tard? You've never even been out of this country. I've been all over the world and I can assure you the U.S. is anything but.

6625952_orig.jpg
First of all, rightwingers want to destroy everything that is good about America. Second, they tell you, essentially, love it or leave it. Rather than wanting to make it a safe, sane, healthy place for all Americans, they say if you don't like it the way it is, get out. And they say it in a very nasty way. They are ruining American. Their anger, their hate, their venom, their racism: destroying America.

A lie. It was we right-wingers who made this country the great nation it is. All you leftists want to do is bring this country down to the level of a third-world Shithole. If it was up to you leftists, America would more resemble Somalia.

"America would more resemble Somalia."

I read that in Minnesota there are more Somalians than there are in Mogadishu, WTF?! How did all those Somalians get in Minnesota, was this all during Obama's two terms or were they there pre-Obama or what?

Somalians are literally the worst of the worst.

How would you know, tard? You've never even been out of this country. I've been all over the world and I can assure you the U.S. is anything but.

Does Mexico count? I've been there a few times and from what I've seen, I don't want my country to be like Mexico. I suppose that's the rationale for Democrats wanting so many of them to come here.

First of all, rightwingers want to destroy everything that is good about America. Second, they tell you, essentially, love it or leave it. Rather than wanting to make it a safe, sane, healthy place for all Americans, they say if you don't like it the way it is, get out. And they say it in a very nasty way. They are ruining American. Their anger, their hate, their venom, their racism: destroying America.

A lie. It was we right-wingers who made this country the great nation it is. All you leftists want to do is bring this country down to the level of a third-world Shithole. If it was up to you leftists, America would more resemble Somalia.

I read that in Minnesota there are more Somalians than there are in Mogadishu, WTF?! How did all those Somalians get in Minnesota, was this all during Obama's two terms or were they there pre-Obama or what?

They know how to keep their britches up where they belong...

Minnesota is crawling with Somalians. A bunch of them were under FBI surveillance a few years ago. They mysteriously disappears and later turned up in Syria and Iraq, fighting along side with ISIS.

Somalia was also Bill Clinton's war, so he set in motion the influx of Somalians.

Does Mexico count? I've been there a few times and from what I've seen, I don't want my country to be like Mexico. I suppose that's the rationale for Democrats wanting so many of them to come here.
Well the senoritas are friendly and the fines are low..

Yeah, stop paying those senoritas and find out how friendly they are.

Yeah, stop paying those senoritas and find out how friendly they are.
The one i'm married to? She'd throw me out in a heartbeat...

One thing all third world countries have in common is the rich couple of percent have nearly all the wealth and the poor can never move upwards. That is what liberterianism and the koch brothers are doing to our country.

Wake the fuck up.
People move in and out of wealth and poverty all the time here.

America offers OPPORTUNITY. Be a lazy slug, looking to the Taxpayer to support you, and you'll always be at the low end economically.

The thing Norway doesn't have is decent weather...

The weather can get very bad in the Winter, the Summers are nice though but crucially what Norway doesn't have are SJWs and even the Opposition Labour Party are more Centrist, Norway doesn't do Leftism.
It would be difficult what with all the fjords...

Especially if you're a liberal, anything that resembles work is difficult.
You wanna come on out some day with this liberal and lay some bricks or maybe some big heavy stones, or lightweight blacks? Nothing sweeter than getting paid to workout..

One thing all third world countries have in common is the rich couple of percent have nearly all the wealth and the poor can never move upwards. That is what liberterianism and the koch brothers are doing to our country.

Wake the fuck up.
People move in and out of wealth and poverty all the time here.

America offers OPPORTUNITY. Be a lazy slug, looking to the Taxpayer to support you, and you'll always be at the low end economically.
It's really hard to buy damn good weed on welfare dollars....I could smoke up the whole amount in ten days...

Here's the secret of Norway's success:

Norway Ethnic groups. Ethnic groups: Norwegian 94.4% (includes Sami, about 60,000), other European 3.6%, other 2% (2007 est.)

...Norway ranked the No. 1...
Yeah... it's easy... when you've been hunkered down under the American Shield throughout the Cold War and leaning on them for any serious national defense.

Really amazing, how much you can do, when you're not forced to sink tons of money into your own Defense, even in the face of Aggressive Communism during the Cold War.

There is no need for Norway to waste money on defence in 2017 considering nobody is going to invade Norway.
Ever heard of the Russian Fleet?

Any clue where it's based?

Any clue what countries the fleet has to pass through on its way to the North Sea and the Atlantic beyond?

And, as an example of control of the outlets of the Baltic, and a related invasion of Norway within Living Memory...

Operation Weserübung - Wikipedia

But... thank you for playing, nonetheless.

This country ranks No. 1 for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (its not America)
This country ranks No. 1 for ‘life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness’ (it’s not America)
Norway ranked the No. 1 place for happiness and personal freedom, according to an analysis of three separate studies on life expectancy by the World Bank, on civil liberties from Freedom House, a New York-based nonprofit that conducts research on advocacy and democracy, on happiness from the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN), a group linked to the United Nations, and on rule of law from the World Justice Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit.

The U.S. has seen its happiness slide happiness over the last decade. In 2007, it ranked No. 3 among the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development countries. Last year, it was 19th, down from 13th the year before. “The predominant political discourse in the United States is aimed at raising economic growth, with the goal of restoring the American Dream and the happiness that is supposed to accompany it. But the data show conclusively that this is the wrong approach,” the report concluded.

For those interviewed in the report, perception is reality. At least, as far as their happiness is concerned and, experts say, the divisive political climate likely hasn’t helped. “The United States can and should raise happiness by addressing America’s multi-faceted social crisis — rising inequality, corruption, isolation, and distrust — rather than focusing exclusively or even mainly on economic growth, especially since the concrete proposals along these lines would exacerbate rather than ameliorate the deepening social crisis,” the report said.

The U.S showed less social support, less sense of personal freedom, lower donations, and more perceived corruption of government and business, it said. “America’s crisis is, in short, a social crisis, not an economic crisis… Almost all of the policy discourse in Washington, D.C. centers on naïve attempts to raise the economic growth rate, as if a higher growth rate would somehow heal the deepening divisions and angst in American society. This kind of growth-only agenda is doubly wrong-headed.”

Social democracies lead the world!!! High political freedom, strong safetynet, educated population and high GDP per capita!

WTF does America have??? Low political freedom, weak safetynet that a certain party wants to do away with all together and to hell with the suffering poor, one of the lowest in education but the religious like it that way and a dropping GDP per capita.

And the social welfare state of Norway...cannot be sustained....

Government Health Care Horror Stories from Norway

I'll admit this: if, like me, you're a self-employed person with a marginal income, the Norwegian system is, in many ways, a boon – as long as you're careful not to get anything much more serious than a cold or flu.

Doctors' visits are cheap; hospitalization is free. But you get what you pay for. There are excellent doctors in Norway – but there are also mediocrities and outright incompetents who in the U.S. would have been stripped of their licenses long ago. The fact is that while the ubiquity of frivolous malpractice lawsuits in the U.S. has been a disgrace, the inability of Norwegians to sue doctors or hospitals even in the most egregious of circumstances is even more of a disgrace.

Physicians who in the U.S. would be dragged into court are, under the Norwegian system, reported to a local board consisting of their own colleagues – who are also, not infrequently, their longtime friends.

(The government health system's own website puts it this way: if you suspect malpractice, you have the right to “ask the Norwegian Board of Health Supervision in your county to evaluate” your claims.)

As a result, doctors who should be forcibly retired, if not incarcerated, end up with a slap on the wrist. When patients are awarded financial damages, the sums – paid by the state, not the doctor – are insultingly small.
------------

Take the case of Peter Franks, whose doctor sent him home twice despite a tennis-ball-sized lump in his chest that was oozing blood and pus – and that turned out to be a cancer that was diagnosed too late to save his life. Apropos of Franks's case, a jurist who specializes in patients' rights lamented that the Norwegian health-care system responds to sky-high malpractice figures “with a shrug,” and the dying Franks himself pronounced last year that “the responsibility for malpractice has been pulverized in Norway,” saying that “if I could have sued the doctor, I would have. Other doctors would have read about the lawsuit in the newspaper. Then they would have taken greater care to avoid making such a mistake themselves. But doctors in Norway don't have to take responsibility for their mistakes. The state does it.” After a three-year legal struggle, Franks was awarded 2.7 million kroner by the Norwegian government – about half a million dollars.

Another aspect of Norway's guild-like health-care system is that although the country suffers from a severe deficit of doctors, nurses, and midwives, the medical establishment makes it next to impossible for highly qualified foreign members of these professions to get certified to practice in Norway. The daughter of a friend of mine got a nursing degree at the University of North Dakota in 2009 but, as reported last Friday by NRK, is working in Seattle because the Norwegian authorities in charge of these matters – who have refused to be interviewed on this subject by NRK – have stubbornly denied her a license. Why? My guess is that the answer has a lot to do with three things: competence, competition, and control. If there were a surplus of doctors and nurses instead of a shortage, the good ones would drive out the bad. Plainly, such a situation must be avoided at all costs – including the cost of human lives.

Then there's the waiting lists. At the beginning of 2012, over 281,000 patients in Norway, out of a population of five million, were awaiting treatment for some medical problem or other. Bureaucratic absurdities run rampant, as exemplified by thisAftenposten story from earlier this year:

In other words, Norwegian lawyers do not use medical malpractice as the retirement plan.

Face it, America is the freest nation on earth.
While having the highest prison population. Dayamn, gotta get me some of that freedom.
To quote the theme song from Baretta, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time!"
How can one be free without a high prison population? Can't be done. The higher the prison population the freer the nation.

That's actually true. Criminals deprive their victims of their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Therefore, criminals need to be removed from society if society is going to be free.

Forum List

Back