🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This Guy Is Ready To Go To Jail For His Rights

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

Heres my question: Even tho this guy knows his rights he is arrested anyway. What do you think the charges are? Even tho this guy did nothing wrong he's going to jail.

I block video, anyone want to clue me in?

Police said he was pulled over because of loud music

Driver said loud music is against the law if you can hear it 50 ft away.

Cop didn't care about the law and asked for his ID reason unknown. Driver said he broke no laws and didn't have to provide I'D

Police said she would take him to jail again for reasons unknown but some here seem to believe that being stupid is against the law.

The guy said take me to jail then... and said he's willing in order to protect something called "rights"

He didn't provide id when asked. He refused to obey a lawful order of a police officer which led to his arrest.

"Driver said he broke no laws and didn't have to provide I'D.”

Incorrect.

Laws requiring citizens to provide their name or identification violate neither the 4th nor 5th Amendments (see Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada (2004)). Consequently the arrest was lawful.

“Know your rights” also means understanding that those rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions by government.

I think the consensus is that any police officer arrests constitutes a "lawful arrest"

So what's the legal charge then?

Oh...just anything?

Refusing to produce his license when pulled over by a police officer. That was why he was arrested. You are aware that you can't operate a motor vehicle without a driver's license, aren't you? He didn't give the cop a choice and he is an idiot.

You are assuming this jackass was in the right. There is nothing on that video which shows he wasn't pulled over legitimately, only that he acted like a complete ass after being pulled over. He claims his rights were being violated, but there is absolutely nothing in that video to show that is the case. Based upon that video, I would say the cop acted in a highly professional manner.

Last edited:

The video shows a guy talking to a cop, apparently immediately after being pulled over for playing music too loud. He claims he wasn't and the cop had not right to pull him over. The cop asks for his drivers' license and he refuses to produce it, so he is arrested. The rest of it is him ranting about his rights.

You don't have to Identify yourself just because a Police Officer asks.

You only have to identify yourself AFTER you've been LAWFULLY Arrested.

If that guy wasn't lawfully arrested then he's got a nice, juicy lawsuit against that officer.

Police said he was pulled over because of loud music

Driver said loud music is against the law if you can hear it 50 ft away.

Cop didn't care about the law and asked for his ID reason unknown. Driver said he broke no laws and didn't have to provide I'D

Police said she would take him to jail again for reasons unknown but some here seem to believe that being stupid is against the law.

The guy said take me to jail then... and said he's willing in order to protect something called "rights"

A driver's license is required to drive a car. When you are pulled over you have to show you are a legal driver and that you have insurance, usually requires showing an "ID".

Why is that so hard to understand?

He went to jail for failing driving a vehicle without a license.

The video shows a guy talking to a cop, apparently immediately after being pulled over for playing music too loud. He claims he wasn't and the cop had not right to pull him over. The cop asks for his drivers' license and he refuses to produce it, so he is arrested. The rest of it is him ranting about his rights.

He says he wasn't so the cop should just let him go. Most criminals claim they didn't do anything wrong too. Should they all be let go?

Personally I think it should be legal to shoot idiots who play their music too loud.

If that guy wasn't lawfully arrested then he's got a nice, juicy lawsuit against that officer.

That's bullshit. If you are operating a motor vehicle on a public street, you are required to have in your possession documentation and to provide that documentation when asked.

Wrong. If you are pulled over while operating a motor vehicle you have to produce your license. Refusing to produce it is evidence of operating a vehicle without a license and you can be arrested for that. The idiot gave the cop no choice but to arrest him.

If he were black, they would have shot him on the spot.

But, stupid to go looking for trouble when you know you're gonna lose.

Forum List

Back