This is America now?

Police chief fired for doing her job and arresting vandals. Oh and before you cry racism, she is a black woman.

What a disgrace. How can this stand? Even the leftists here must agree this is wrong! If she has a GoFundme page, I will definitely donate.

You don’t like it? I don’t care.

She's about as black as I am.

View attachment 418300

The link that Zoggy the Troll links to has a paywall, so here's a link that tells the whole story.

The police chief of Portsmouth, Virginia, was fired Monday in what she suggested was a politically motivated move moments before criminal charges were dropped against a prominent state senator and several local Black leaders accused of conspiring to damage a Confederate statue during a protest this year.

The latest twist in the case involving state Sen. Louise Lucas, a high-ranking Democrat who is Virginia's most senior Black legislator, drew praise from members of her own party who condemned the charges.

Lucas said in a statement Tuesday that the Portsmouth Police Department "made a mockery of the criminal justice system" by filing "obscure felony charges against me and other Portsmouth citizens and in so doing, they created a scandalous national embarrassment for our city."

But a dismissal motion filed by the Portsmouth Commonwealth Attorney's Office said there was "no proper evidence" to support the charges that the plaintiffs' actions "rise to the level of felony destruction of property or conspiracy." Video from the scene and other digital evidence were also unreliable, according to the motion.
Map: Statue removals across the United States
In dismissing the charges Monday, a judge also questioned why police went around local prosecutors to bring charges.

City leaders had initially questioned Greene's involvement in investigating the Confederate protest because of an unspecified conflict of interest. Local activists and clergy leaders called for her resignation or firing.
In September, Greene, who became police chief in 2019, took an indefinite leave of absence. Rallies were also held in her support.

So, um, yeah, sounds like she was fired for cause.
Douchebag. They got the warrants because the vandals were filmed. Judge approved the warrants.

Whatever America is, that's what it is at this very moment only.

Maybe instead of thinking that everything is a "war" with "winners" and "losers", and that every result is final and intractable, we can look at this as a process to be managed carefully and thoughtfully.

No one has a crystal ball. Life is complicated. Ya never know. Shit happens. Maybe we're wrong about our predictions now and then.

I'm guessing that notion might be too complicated for some.

No problem, Mac, no matter what the outcome, you'll be here saying, "That just proves what I've been saying all along is right". It's what happens when you have a theory and you force all the evidence to fit the theory.
Get the hell out of this thread. Your lies are not welcome. Like your theory that America is systematically racist? That theory? What a waste of space you are. Hypocrite

Police chief fired for doing her job and arresting vandals. Oh and before you cry racism, she is a black woman.

What a disgrace. How can this stand? Even the leftists here must agree this is wrong! If she has a GoFundme page, I will definitely donate.

She's about as black as I am.

View attachment 418300

The link that Zoggy the Troll links to has a paywall, so here's a link that tells the whole story.

The police chief of Portsmouth, Virginia, was fired Monday in what she suggested was a politically motivated move moments before criminal charges were dropped against a prominent state senator and several local Black leaders accused of conspiring to damage a Confederate statue during a protest this year.

The latest twist in the case involving state Sen. Louise Lucas, a high-ranking Democrat who is Virginia's most senior Black legislator, drew praise from members of her own party who condemned the charges.

Lucas said in a statement Tuesday that the Portsmouth Police Department "made a mockery of the criminal justice system" by filing "obscure felony charges against me and other Portsmouth citizens and in so doing, they created a scandalous national embarrassment for our city."

But a dismissal motion filed by the Portsmouth Commonwealth Attorney's Office said there was "no proper evidence" to support the charges that the plaintiffs' actions "rise to the level of felony destruction of property or conspiracy." Video from the scene and other digital evidence were also unreliable, according to the motion.
Map: Statue removals across the United States
In dismissing the charges Monday, a judge also questioned why police went around local prosecutors to bring charges.

City leaders had initially questioned Greene's involvement in investigating the Confederate protest because of an unspecified conflict of interest. Local activists and clergy leaders called for her resignation or firing.
In September, Greene, who became police chief in 2019, took an indefinite leave of absence. Rallies were also held in her support.

So, um, yeah, sounds like she was fired for cause.
She is as black as BHO...so now he wasn’t black either? You’re such a loser.

Dear Azog:

I think it's crazy that someone gets fired for doing their job.

Regards,

Chris Krebs.
The vandals were 100% guilty. No reason to fire the Chief. Presidents replace people all the time.

I read the article. Here's several problems I have. First. It's vague on what the reason for the termination was. The lawyer of Green claims it was because of the arrests she made. Fine, that is the job of a lawyer. The city claims it's because of an undisclosed personal matter. Also fine. What you are doing is claiming you know who's speaking the truth. How do you know?

As for her claim she was upholding the law. Also in the article was the fact that the court threw out the charges she filed. Something that lessens that narrative.

Now for the title of your OP. You are objecting to public officials getting fired for doing their jobs? Let me tell you that's some hypocrisy you are showing. You are a Trump supporter. Someone who hasn't fired one person for doing their job but dozens. And unlike this case their is no ambiguity as to the motives of these firings since the guy you are supporting is very upfront about it.
She was fired for arresting vandals. It was very clear. Not sure what you read? Your conflation is comical.
No you are infering that she was fired for arresting vandals. Accepting her version of events and dismissing the one presented by the spokesperson for the city. It's called confirmation bias.

And what exactly am I conflating?

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.
The vandals were 100% guilty. No reason to fire the Chief. Presidents replace people all the time.
The article stated the charges were dismissed in court.

I read the article. Here's several problems I have. First. It's vague on what the reason for the termination was. The lawyer of Green claims it was because of the arrests she made. Fine, that is the job of a lawyer. The city claims it's because of an undisclosed personal matter. Also fine. What you are doing is claiming you know who's speaking the truth. How do you know?

As for her claim she was upholding the law. Also in the article was the fact that the court threw out the charges she filed. Something that lessens that narrative.

Now for the title of your OP. You are objecting to public officials getting fired for doing their jobs? Let me tell you that's some hypocrisy you are showing. You are a Trump supporter. Someone who hasn't fired one person for doing their job but dozens. And unlike this case their is no ambiguity as to the motives of these firings since the guy you are supporting is very upfront about it.
She was fired for arresting vandals. It was very clear. Not sure what you read? Your conflation is comical.
No you are infering that she was fired for arresting vandals. Accepting her version of events and dismissing the one presented by the spokesperson for the city. It's called confirmation bias.

That is exactly why. The vandals were filmed. They went through proper channels to garner the arrest warrants. If these were "white supremacists" she still has her job. You just don't want to see the truth.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.
Right, because of corruption. Again the persons were filmed so why would charges be dismissed? Easy, there was a state politician who was involved and used political influence. Sadly.

Again the crimes were filmed so where is debate?

That is exactly why. The vandals were filmed. They went through proper channels to garner the arrest warrants. If these were "white supremacists" she still has her job. You just don't want to see the truth.
Again, you are BELIEVING that that is what she was fired for, going solely by the word of her lawyer, while at the same time choosing NOT TO BELIEVE the word of the city spokesperson. I'm asking you if you have a proper justification for this. So far the only thing I'm getting is more assertions. " Because I believe I'm right" is not an argument.

Again, you are BELIEVING that that is what she was fired for, going solely by the word of her lawyer, while at the same time choosing NOT TO BELIEVE the word of the city spokesperson. I'm asking you if you have a proper justification for this. So far the only thing I'm getting is more assertions. " Because I believe I'm right" is not an argument.
I believe the video that I saw. What do you not understand about that? They garnered the warrants based on the video. How are these people wrongly arrested when they were filmed vandalizing and defacing property. Please explain that. Come on leftist, humor me.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.
Right, because of corruption. Again the persons were filmed so why would charges be dismissed? Easy, there was a state politician who was involved and used political influence. Sadly.

Look up theb

I believe the video that I saw. What do you not understand about that? They garnered the warrants based on the video. How are these people wrongly arrested when they were filmed vandalizing and defacing property. Please explain that. Come on leftist, humor me.
What you aren't getting that I'm not arguing wether or not the people she charged were guilty. I'm arguing that neither you or the article are providing actual evidence that she was fired for filing the charges. Those are 2 separate arguments.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.

Look up theb

What you aren't getting that I'm not arguing wether or not the people she charged were guilty. I'm arguing that neither you or the article are providing actual evidence that she was fired for filing the charges. Those are 2 separate arguments.
If the people were guilty as you agree then why was she fired and charges dismissed? Coincidence? I don't buy it. No. Both cannot be true IMO.

I was in DC, and The Commie Left Mayor has all the businesses boarded up with plywood, and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has barricades around it. It's the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Looks like the city is in the middle of a depression. All Satanic DemNazi run cities look like this. It's intentional.

This scumbag leftist mayor in DC let BLM put their black commie ISIS flags on the lamp posts on one street, and there are big Black BLM Banners hanging on one of the buildings there. The Police basically have a stand down order even though BLM blocks the streets and harasses people all day. The Police only get involved after an assault on someone.

I am more like Jonah who refused to go to Nineveh to preach repentance to them because he wanted to see Nineveh destroyed because they were that Evil. Knowing the story of Jonah he eventually was forced to go preach to them and they repented but God ultimately destroyed them some years later because they returned back to their filthy ways.

For BLM and Antifa, and The DemNazis who support them and coddle them, I feel the same way. May God destroy them all. Every single stinking one of them and may they all burn in Hell forever.

Last edited:

I was in DC, and The Commie Left Mayor has all the businesses boarded up with plywood, and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has barricades around it.

He let BLM put their black commie ISIS flags on the lamp posts on one street, and there are big Black BLM Banners hanging on one of the buildings there. The Police basically have a stand down order even though BLM blocks the streets and harasses people all day. The Police only get involved after an assault on someone.

I am more like Jonah who refused to go to Nineveh to preach repentance to them because he wanted to see Nineveh destroyed because they were that Evil. Knowing he story of Jonah he eventually was forced to go preach to them and they repented but God ultimately destroyed them some years later because they returned back to their filthy ways.

For BLM and Antifa, and The DemNazis who support them and coddle them, I feel the same way. May God destroy them all. Every single stinking one of them and may they all burn in Hell forever.
Exactly, but leftists don't want to believe any of this or worse, support it.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.

Look up theb

If the people were guilty as you agree then why was she fired and charges dismissed? Coincidence? I don't buy it. No. Both cannot be true IMO.
Who said I agree? I simply don't like it when people actually conflate arguments (not like you claiming they do.) So I'm choosing to engage them one at a time. I found the actual motion to dismiss and will link later once I'm of my phone. See if you can find anything in particular you disagree with. It lays out what the charges are, what the prosecution needs to prove and why what was provided wasn't sufficient.

I'm saying that you simply aren't providing a proper justification for believing the lawyer and not the spokesperson.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.

Look up theb

Who said I agree. I found the actual motion to dismiss and will link later once I'm of my phone. See if you can find anything in particular you disagree with. It lays out what the charges are, what the prosecution needs to prove and why what was provided wasn't sufficient.

I'm saying that you simply aren't providing a proper justification for believing the lawyer and not the spokesperson.
When you have it live on video and in living color I am not sure what else the prosecution would need? Indulge me. What more can there be?

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.

Look up theb

Who said I agree. I found the actual motion to dismiss and will link later once I'm of my phone. See if you can find anything in particular you disagree with. It lays out what the charges are, what the prosecution needs to prove and why what was provided wasn't sufficient.

When you have it live on video and in living color I am not sure what else the prosecution would need? Indulge me. What more can there be?
As I said I will later. It is just hard to link atm. Give me 2 to 3 hours.

Dear Azog:

Regards,

Chris Krebs.

Look up theb

As I said I will later. It is just hard to link atm. Give me 2 to 3 hours.
No reason to link. Just answer me. If there is a video that is concrete proof of guilt what more does one need?

No reason to link. Just answer me. If there is a video that is concrete proof of guilt what more does one need?
I answer when I'm good and ready. I'll also answer when I'm not trying to type lengthy post on a damn smartphone.

So here https://www.wavy.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2020/11/Dismissal-Motion.pdf this is the motion. I'll summarize.

-The first charge was destruction of property.

The motion says that since the value of the damaged property was never determined charging people with damaging it can not be filed.

-Second charge was conspiracy.

The motion says that there is no evidence that the defendants came together with the express purpose of committing a crime.

Then we come to the video evidence.

-The problem lies in admissibility. In order for evidence to be admissible the creators of the evidence have to go to court to state that the video is unaltered. In the few cases the person was identified they were unwilling to do so or were law enforcement officers who didn't make to videos. And as such their testimony would be considered hearsay.

The last argument has to do with due process. The police was present during the protests. Yet they did not intervene when they went after the monument. Charging them after is considered entrapment and as such violates the rights of the individuals. In other words the police doesn't have the right to let someone commit an actual crime to then charge them for it afterwards.

Some of those she charged were elected officials, that's why she was fired.

Forum List

Back