This is America, speak English!

1544494_681105421941825_1426863474_n.jpg

Was the woman who had been speaking Navajo, on her way back to Asia, where the Navajo's ancestors came from?

The only original natives here, would speak Dinosaur.

Was the woman who had been speaking Navajo, on her way back to Asia, where the Navajo's ancestors came from?

The only original natives here, would speak Dinosaur.

Which points out how silly it is to "demand" that people speak a particular language here.
Sure, life is going to be easier for most if they can speak English. But if folks choose to speak a different language - that's there choice. It is possible to thrive without speaking English if you sequester yourself in a community that speaks the different language you prefer.

The image below I just saw on Facebook I think is classic. In my speeches I talk about the one language in America, the English language. Although with my father I speak Lithuanian in public. I am sure we can all argue about which language should be "official" in America and I'm sure one can say there needs not to be an official language, but what if there were 20 languages to contact IRS and you had to wait through 20 options to press some number for English. I don't think anyone can really argue that English is the most popular language in the world and is the easiest to learn. And I understand that for legitimate reasons America is also hated and many people do not speak English as a protest, however, I also believe that those who CAUSE for America to be hated are the ones who create conditions to encourage different languages, conflicts, controversy, they are the ones who set up these things "press 1 for English, press 2 for spanich, etc. I believe that with a true leader in America, he would be able to make a change for one common language without offending any minorities or other foreign speaking people at all.

Wouldn't she be using smoke signals instead of a cell phone? Just sayin.

Yeah, because we're still back in the time of Pocahontas, right?

This is America, speak English! I do. And to be a better military leader, business leader, and school board leader, I speak Spanish as well. Ese?

Me, too....I speak Spanish fluently. I met a 16 year old girl from the Ukraine, who is attending school here for a few months....she speaks 5 languages. Her English is pretty good, and most kids from other countries speak more than one language. Here in America some people think you should only speak English....and I say why? They don't want to tax their brain?

This is America, speak English! I do. And to be a better military leader, business leader, and school board leader, I speak Spanish as well. Ese?

Me, too....I speak Spanish fluently. I met a 16 year old girl from the Ukraine, who is attending school here for a few months....she speaks 5 languages. Her English is pretty good, and most kids from other countries speak more than one language. Here in America some people think you should only speak English....and I say why? They don't want to tax their brain?

i speak 4.....Canadian,Australian,Bermudan....and English.....

The image below I just saw on Facebook I think is classic. In my speeches I talk about the one language in America, the English language. Although with my father I speak Lithuanian in public. I am sure we can all argue about which language should be "official" in America and I'm sure one can say there needs not to be an official language, but what if there were 20 languages to contact IRS and you had to wait through 20 options to press some number for English. I don't think anyone can really argue that English is the most popular language in the world and is the easiest to learn. And I understand that for legitimate reasons America is also hated and many people do not speak English as a protest, however, I also believe that those who CAUSE for America to be hated are the ones who create conditions to encourage different languages, conflicts, controversy, they are the ones who set up these things "press 1 for English, press 2 for spanich, etc. I believe that with a true leader in America, he would be able to make a change for one common language without offending any minorities or other foreign speaking people at all.

Wouldn't she be using smoke signals instead of a cell phone? Just sayin.

Yeah, because we're still back in the time of Pocahontas, right?

Because we are in the time of cell phone made by English-speaking white man.

I think the "speak only English here" movement is based in fear. Older white men in particular are seeing their influence weakening. They seem to think this means that America isn't America anymore. And if, to them, America is a place where they get to call all the shots - they're right.

Because we are in the time of cell phone made by English-speaking white man.
7:15 mark - "in USSR, they taught me in school that LENIN invented the light bulb"

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol: Bad imitations of English....:lol:

Tu sei il vero idiota

:lol: Bad imitations of English....:lol:

Technically American is also a bad imitation of English! :badgrin:

As far as official languages go when applying for naturalization to become a US citizen a certain minimum level of comprehension of English is required. However that does not seem to be a requirement for those who were born US citizens. :D

Forum List

Back