This is America, speak English!

English is actually a nightmare to learn. I applaud many posters who try desperately to give it a go to chat with us.

Because Latin was a must when I grew up in school language became an art form after learning the basics.

French is a walk in the park. My eldest daughter is living in Sweden these days so I'm working on that one. Spanish though. The true language. Oh what a beauty of this tongue.

This is (yet) another example of how the Left thinks it "cares", but in fact, is harming the very people about whom they claim to "care".

If someone can't speak the language properly, or if their accent makes them essentially impossible to understand, or if they have been born here and still can't communicate properly, an employer may not be able to hire them because the position for which they are applying requires them to communicate with clients and/or vendors. It may be a critical, public-facing position.

Sorry, but I just can't hire you if you sound ignorant and/or completely uneducated. Especially since the person I just interviewed communicated at a high level.

Then, of course, and right on cue, those who have lowered standards for these people, those who have made excuses for them, those who claim to fucking "care" about these people, will say that I am somehow a bigot because I didn't hire them. The only reason that I didn't hire them, I'll be told, is that they have this or that skin color. When, of course, that's miles from the reason.

Fucking madness.

"Can't speak the language properly" and "have an accent" are two different things. How many native-born Americans "can't speak the language properly"? A lot. And then there are those who if they detect the slightest accent their 'asshole' switch gets turned on and they refuse to try and communicate. It's a two-way street.

Because Latin was a must when I grew up in school language became an art form after learning the basics.

French is a walk in the park. My eldest daughter is living in Sweden these days so I'm working on that one. Spanish though. The true language. Oh what a beauty of this tongue.

Si, si......:rock:

This is (yet) another example of how the Left thinks it "cares", but in fact, is harming the very people about whom they claim to "care".

If someone can't speak the language properly, or if their accent makes them essentially impossible to understand, or if they have been born here and still can't communicate properly, an employer may not be able to hire them because the position for which they are applying requires them to communicate with clients and/or vendors. It may be a critical, public-facing position.

Sorry, but I just can't hire you if you sound ignorant and/or completely uneducated. Especially since the person I just interviewed communicated at a high level.

Then, of course, and right on cue, those who have lowered standards for these people, those who have made excuses for them, those who claim to fucking "care" about these people, will say that I am somehow a bigot because I didn't hire them. The only reason that I didn't hire them, I'll be told, is that they have this or that skin color. When, of course, that's miles from the reason.

Fucking madness.

Yeah, sure......:D

Forum List

Back