This is America, speak English!

It's a sin to acclimate, something to be ashamed of. Why is that? Because Mexicans are either too proud or too lazy. Is there a difference?

the Illegals who live around me all seem to speak English,some bad....but they are getting better.....all their kids speak it....

Mexicans, love them. Alcoholic dysfunctional misogynists racists, that want to dictate what is fair and right in America when Mexico is so screwed up, they can't or WONT learn ENGLISH. Yeah, right.

I have no trouble with Hispanics except the California bangers and assorted scum. The parents are lazy asses with English but the kids are perfectly normal which should alleviate any cultural stress as long as they aren't from the hood. No helping those assholes.

It's a sin to acclimate, something to be ashamed of. Why is that? Because Mexicans are either too proud or too lazy. Is there a difference?

the Illegals who live around me all seem to speak English,some bad....but they are getting better.....all their kids speak it....

By the second generation a very large majority are completely fluent, and by the third it is used more than Spanish even in the home. These xeno-alarmists are just looking for something to hyperventilate over.

In my little town there are Africans, Latinos, Indians, Pakistanis, Asians and Micronesians..They all speak english, even though it is not the official language..Some of the rednecks are hard to understand...

Last edited:

(My bold)

Acclimate? I suppose it kinda fits, talking about adjusting to new surroundings. I notice that it's usually used in a biological setting - plants should be acclimated gradually to their new beds, etc.

The usual term - that you're reaching for here - is "assimilate". That's a better fit, because it implies that the new immigrants (well, but Mexicans aren't really new immigrants. In fact, in several cases - TX, NM, AZ, CA, CO, NV, LA, FL - the US border crossed them. It's worth looking into the history of New Spain/Mexican citizens in what is now part of the US.) are learning the new culture that surrounds them, beginning with the language.

Hispanics in the US do in fact learn English & the accompanying culture - but the process seems to take an extra generation or two to replace Spanish. & certain sets of vocabulary - family terms, favorite foods, cultural markers - will probably always be expressed in Spanish. It's simply how things work out.

But don't despair - it just takes a lot of practice and wide reading to become truly fluent.

I have no trouble with Hispanics except the California bangers and assorted scum. The parents are lazy asses with English but the kids are perfectly normal which should alleviate any cultural stress as long as they aren't from the hood. No helping those assholes.

California - An interesting history.
It was Mexican but there was mass immigration by white Americans, who then, in 1846, you invaded and annexed the place.
It's a bit hard to moan about Spanish speakers when you invaded and colonised their country, eventually claiming it as your own.

This is your pharmacist speaking, please take this fuck off tablet and rest your brain.

So, why don't you speak native American languages?; too lazy to learn?

The US is one of the least multilingual countries that I have lived in. It is very difficult to live in the US without speaking English. However, as the number of Spanish speaking people in the US continue to increase, I suspect that Spanish will become a required subject in all schools and like it or not, the US will become bilingual.

Last edited:
The US is one of the least multilingual countries that I have lived in. It is very difficult to live in the US without speaking English. However, as the number of Spanish speaking people in the US continue to increase, I suspect that Spanish will become a required subject in all schools and like it or not, the US will become bilingual.

(My bold)

Not a required subject - although it would help with understanding & using pre- and suffixes much as Latin used to. Spanish would usually be a more useful language in the US, especially in the larger cities and in many of the medium cities as well. As Spanish-speakers continue to move out of the larger cities, Spanish will be spoken in more and more rural areas too.

It's kind of a race - the 3rd & succeeding generations of Spanish-speaking descent tend to speak better & better English. But media offerings in Spanish - radio, TV, print - continue to accelerate as they find a market for a lot of consumer goods. That's the same reason that big-box stores - Walmart, Sears, K-mart - include Spanish with English instructions on product manuals. (Other languages also appear - French, German, Japanese - but Spanish is the not-so-foreign language that shows up the most, in my experience.)

As there isn't an official language @ the federal level, I suspect that Spanish will simply become a de facto second language. Ça va!

Mexicans, love them. Alcoholic dysfunctional misogynists racists, that want to dictate what is fair and right in America when Mexico is so screwed up, they can't or WONT learn ENGLISH. Yeah, right.

Disconnect on your part.

Spanish will not be required by the government but will be by business and culture.

[ As Spanish-speakers continue to move out of the larger cities, Spanish will be spoken in more and more rural areas too.
]

No, by the time people have migrated to those areas for the most part they will have adopted English.

(My bold)

Not a required subject - although it would help with understanding & using pre- and suffixes much as Latin used to. Spanish would usually be a more useful language in the US, especially in the larger cities and in many of the medium cities as well. As Spanish-speakers continue to move out of the larger cities, Spanish will be spoken in more and more rural areas too.

It's kind of a race - the 3rd & succeeding generations of Spanish-speaking descent tend to speak better & better English. But media offerings in Spanish - radio, TV, print - continue to accelerate as they find a market for a lot of consumer goods. That's the same reason that big-box stores - Walmart, Sears, K-mart - include Spanish with English instructions on product manuals. (Other languages also appear - French, German, Japanese - but Spanish is the not-so-foreign language that shows up the most, in my experience.)

As there isn't an official language @ the federal level, I suspect that Spanish will simply become a de facto second language. Ça va!
And I doubt there will ever be an official language. The language that people use depends on the people living in the country. The world grows smaller every day with increasing mobility and communications. The US has moved from tenth to second most visited nation and will soon be number one. Foreign businesses are sending more people than ever to the US. We are seeing a record number of foreign students and the numbers will continue to increase.

Last edited:
Yes, language, borders and culture will be the reasons America will disappear IF we can not turn the subversive tide around. Simply NOTHING to hold the people in a cohesive mixture, especially as all turn to their own, instead of America

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Your support of TR's progressive diatribe has been easily rebutted, V.

Immigrants overwhelmingly pick up English quickly.

Most, wifely, like the majority of Americans, have no time for far right reactionary white male evangelical nonsense. Nor should they.

Your support of TR's progressive diatribe has been easily rebutted, V.

Immigrants overwhelmingly pick up English quickly.

Most, wifely, like the majority of Americans, have no time for far right reactionary white male evangelical nonsense. Nor should they.

No, it hasn't.... especially in the SW, and the large cities...but you are even starting to believe your own bullshit....

quote-if-you-tell-a-big-enough-lie-and-tell-it-frequently-enough-it-will-be-believed-adolf-hitler-85901.jpg

if you believe that then you dont know very many Mexicans....

Forum List

Back