This is America, speak English!

In my little town there are Africans, Latinos, Indians, Pakistanis, Asians and Micronesians..They all speak english, even though it is not the official language..Some of the rednecks are hard to understand...

you got that right....some are as hard as people with strong accents...

It's a sin to acclimate, something to be ashamed of. Why is that? Because Mexicans are either too proud or too lazy. Is there a difference?

the Illegals who live around me all seem to speak English,some bad....but they are getting better.....all their kids speak it....
The US is one of the least multilingual countries that I have lived in. It is very difficult to live in the US without speaking English. However, as the number of Spanish speaking people in the US continue to increase, I suspect that Spanish will become a required subject in all schools and like it or not, the US will become bilingual.

not necessarily....i have teens around me who speak English and not Spanish even though their parents know Spanish.....when i asked one kids dad why his kids dont speak Spanish he said they learned English in school and dont want to learn Spanish....they know a little but thats it....so he said we speak English around the house....

Your support of TR's progressive diatribe has been easily rebutted, V.

Immigrants overwhelmingly pick up English quickly. Most, wisely, like the majority of Americans, have no time for far right reactionary white male evangelical nonsense. Nor should they.

No, it hasn't.... especially in the SW, and the large cities...but you are even starting to believe your own bullshit....
Yes, the pick it up quickly. There is evidence plenty to support me and none to support you. And your, bullshit, podjo, just smears you. Ese?

Your support of TR's progressive diatribe has been easily rebutted, V.

Immigrants overwhelmingly pick up English quickly. Most, wisely, like the majority of Americans, have no time for far right reactionary white male evangelical nonsense. Nor should they.

No, it hasn't.... especially in the SW, and the large cities...but you are even starting to believe your own bullshit....
Yes, the pick it up quickly. There is evidence plenty to support me and none to support you. And your, bullshit, podjo, just smears you. Ese?

More derangement from our own little mental midget.

Why do many Mexicans refuse to learn English?

They try to play both sides of the fence when it comes to the immigration issue. They claim that they are no different from the European immigrants that came here in the late 1800's and early 1900's, yet unlike the European immigrants, they do not want to assimilate. The European immigrants learned English and became Americans. The Mexican immigrants, on the contrary do not learn English, and in turn have children that are taught Spanish at home. It makes me absolutely sick. Living in L.A. I see this all of the time. I'm not saying that they are bad people - many of them that I know are very nice - but this is highly irresponsible and detrimental to our country's future.

www.talkmexican.com/why-do-many-mexicans-refuse-to-learn-english.html

unlike the European immigrants, they do not want to assimilate. The European immigrants learned English and became Americans. The Mexican immigrants, on the contrary do not learn English

Yes they do. Don't be ridiculous.

Yes it is, very much so. It is one way people in other countries identify someone as American, because that person only speaks English and expects everyone else to speak English. This is a universal joke about Americans.

No, it's not "a universal joke." Many countries have signs, maps, menus, etc. in English because it is such a prevalent language internationally. People in many countries are happy to run into a native speaker of English because it gives them an opportunity to practice the English they have learned while demonstrating generosity and pride in their country to a foreign visitor. So no, the pretentious assholes you may run with are not "universal," but English is by now quite widespread.

And before you bother, the fact is that many Americans attempt to learn something of the language before and/or during their travels. Your anti-American attitude and stereotyping are the real jokes here.

As if you've ever been to a foreign country, LOL.

Did they reject your application, pussy? :lol:

The "I'll bet you don't even have a passport!" trying-way-too hard pretentious douchebag type is very amusing.

What's sad is when certain Americans, in their quest to be pretentious douchebags, will actually try their hardest to engage in false generalizations against Americans.

What's sad is when certain Americans, in their quest to be pretentious douchebags, will actually try their hardest to engage in false generalizations against Americans.
Yep, I've spent most of my life abroad and seen whiny douche bags who've spent a couple of weeks outside of the US thinking their really cool and take every opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen how fucked up the US is.

Esmeralda is doubtless among the most pompous of those. I recall her asking me if I even had a passport. And she can't grasp why few respect her.

They love that "do you even have a passport?" line. Just makes them feel soooooo important and worldly! :lol:

the fact remains that Hispanics learn English more quickly than the Germans, French, etc., in times past

That must explain telamundo, Univision, Hispanic Times, etc., and why every Hispanic I passed on the bike path yesterday the parents were speaking to their children in Spanish.

Were they speaking to you or to their own children?

In asking that question you totally missed the point.

I actually do not have a problem with open boarders. Most of America's crimes are committed by people who were born here. They are the ones that need to be deported.

I learned to speak Spanish when I worked restaurants years ago. Most of the illegals that I met wanted DESPERATELY to become American citizens and LOVE America. I knew one that swam across the Rio Grande to get here - now THAT'S dedication. He is currently a restaurant manager and a good friend of mine. He also became a legal citizen.

People like that live in STARK CONTRAST to lazy people (Dems and Republicans alike) who are on the dole and add nothing to society. I have no earthly idea why people like that would complain, because some wet-back "stole" the job that they were too lazy to do in the first place.

People who whine about illegals taking jobs DESERVE to lose them - get off your lazy ass and FIGHT for it.

Last edited:
Hispanics want to speak Spanish more than English

you dont know very many Hispanics do ya?....the only ones that may fit that are the older ones like the grandparents....the younger ones are all speaking English,some better than others,but they are picking it up....

Yes, language, borders and culture will be the reasons America will disappear IF we can not turn the subversive tide around. Simply NOTHING to hold the people in a cohesive mixture, especially as all turn to their own, instead of America

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Your America or at least the one you imagine existed, is disappearing and there is no force on earth that can stop it. America is a part of a global community. Whether we like it not, we need the rest of world and they need us. Economic, cultural, and language barriers are falling and will continue to do so. Does that mean America will loose it's national identity? To some extent it will, as will all nations.

Yes, language, borders and culture will be the reasons America will disappear IF we can not turn the subversive tide around. Simply NOTHING to hold the people in a cohesive mixture, especially as all turn to their own, instead of America

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
Your America or at least the one you imagine existed, is disappearing and there is no force on earth that can stop it. America is a part of a global community. Whether we like it not, we need the rest of world and they need us. Economic, cultural, and language barriers are falling and will continue to do so. Does that mean America will loose it's national identity? To some extent it will, as will all nations.

Thank you Mr. Cronkite, for the excellent diatribe on how we are lost, without being lost!

Yes, world trade has increased dramatically, but there is a price to be paid. Only the truly stupid, such as France, the Netherlands , and to a lesser degree England have actually witnessed the muslim hoards taking over parts of their once cohesive countries. I fully expect to see that here with the North going muslim, and the South going Hispanic. Without our culture, our historic language, and our borders to PROTECT OUR CITIZENS from hoards of TAKERS from descending on us, and a complicit Democratic, subversive regime that allows this, for simply BUYING THE POWER to stay in control, this country is lost. Rather to many of us a BLOODBATH, than to commit cultural suicide without taking at least ONE of the subversives as we go.... KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS MIND!

Last edited:

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Thank you Mr. Cronkite, for the excellent diatribe on how we are lost, without being lost!

Yes, world trade has increased dramatically, but there is a price to be paid. Only the truly stupid, such as France, the Netherlands , and to a lesser degree England have actually witnessed the muslim hoards taking over parts of their once cohesive countries. I fully expect to see that here with the North going muslim, and the South going Hispanic. Without our culture, our historic language, and our borders to PROTECT OUR CITIZENS from hoards of TAKERS from descending on us, and a complicit Democratic, subversive regime that allows this, for simply BUYING THE POWER to stay in control, this country is lost. Rather to many of us a BLOODBATH, than to commit cultural suicide without taking at least ONE of the subversives as we go.... KNOW YOUR NEIGHBORS MIND!
73% of Americans identify themselves as Christians, 20% non-affiliated, 1.4% as Jews, .9% Buddhist, .8% Muslims, and .2% Hindus. I seriously doubt that Muslims that account for only .8% of the population will have any serious impact on our culture. However, I do believe that Hispanics will.

Cultural changes occur slowly. Hispanics will become the dominate ethnic group but that will occur slowly over the next 40 years according to the Pew Research Center. America will adjust to cultural and social changes as it has in the past.

Religion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Forum List

Back