This is America, speak English!

Out of all 50 states, maybe a half dozen of them have "white" names. We should change all of the states' names that aren't American enough. We should also change "America" since it was named after a dirty foreigner, too.

I live 35 miles from Mexico, and go there very often. Fortunately, Mexicans do not have a bigoted attitude about people who don't speak Spanish. I never have any problems speaking English in Mexico. In fact, they are very gracious about dealing with people who don't speak Spanish.

And I understand that for legitimate reasons America is also hated and many people do not speak English as a protest, however, I also believe that those who CAUSE for America to be hated are the ones who create conditions to encourage different languages, conflicts, controversy, they are the ones who set up these things "press 1 for English, press 2 for spanich, etc.
Complete nonsense. If we are hated, then why is it that we get more immigration applications than any other country in the world? Why do we accept more immigrants than any country in the world?

Most immigrants do indeed assimilate, and learn English. The exceptions are those who hide in the shadows (illegals).

Me, too....I speak Spanish fluently. I met a 16 year old girl from the Ukraine, who is attending school here for a few months....she speaks 5 languages. Her English is pretty good, and most kids from other countries speak more than one language. Here in America some people think you should only speak English....and I say why? They don't want to tax their brain?

i speak 4.....Canadian,Australian,Bermudan....and English.....

:lol: Bad imitations of English....:lol:

which one?....:eusa_angel:

I live 35 miles from Mexico, and go there very often. Fortunately, Mexicans do not have a bigoted attitude about people who don't speak Spanish. I never have any problems speaking English in Mexico. In fact, they are very gracious about dealing with people who don't speak Spanish.

because they are buying something.....they have plenty to say when you walk away....

Absolutely. For Immigrants to speak English is a sign of respect. To allow them to slack off and just blather in lazy yip yip is a sign we don't respect ourselves. Everyone that posts on this board is doing so in ENGLISH. That speaks for itself. I support freedom of speech. But, it had better be understandable to us all, or it means NOTHING.

And to quote Teddy Roosevelt, our FIRST PROGRESSIVE President and the FOUNDER OF THE PROGRESSIVE PARTY.....

theodore_roosevelt_quote_immigration.jpg

This is America! Speak whatever you want to! Now, if you intend to succeed in America...

Then speak the language of those you wish to interact with

Exactly.

Its stupid to limit ourselves and our children in what they are able to do by forcing them to speak only one language. I speak 3 languages and really want to stay proficient in them all.

Used to get a chuckle out of little kids talking to their families in stores in Tucson. The kids went from English to Spanish and back again absolutely effortlessly and often in the same sentence. Same with the rest of the family. Many Hispanics are bi-lingual while stupid whites are stubbornly holding on to their ignorance.

BTW, its unlikely that the young person in the OP was actually speaking Navajo.

That was my experience in Mexico as well. They were quite often better educated than whites in America.

And other countries where I've traveled have been better educated as well.

One time, we stepped into a business to ask directions. It turned out to be a beauty salon. The young woman who was styling hair stepped out on the street with us and, while directing us, actually apologized for her "poor" English.

Many Americans take pride in being stupid and poorly educated.

Like the saying goes, war is god's way of teaching Americans world geography.

I often wonder if the same people who bitch about everyone speaking English including personal conversations are the same ones that bitch when they go to foreign lands and are mad that their are no English signs explaining the signs in that country.

And that's why people hate Americans.

Mexicans still consider the Southwest stolen land and still part of Mexico.

That's hoghwash. Where do you get your information, Faux News?

You've never heard of the Mexican Reconquista ?

only a small minority buy that bullshit.....dont be fooled by the people you may see out in the "protests".....90% of them aint out there for that shit.....like the guy next door to me said....."why the fuck would i want that?....i left Mexico to get away from the shit that is Mexico.....i dont want that shit here too"....

Absolutely. For Immigrants to speak English is a sign of respect. To allow them to slack off and just blather in lazy yip yip is a sign we don't respect ourselves. .

That was an amazingly ignorant statement. Way to keep your record going, asshole!

This is America! Speak whatever you want to! Now, if you intend to succeed in America...

Then speak the language of those you wish to interact with

Exactly.

Its stupid to limit ourselves and our children in what they are able to do by forcing them to speak only one language. I speak 3 languages and really want to stay proficient in them all.

Used to get a chuckle out of little kids talking to their families in stores in Tucson. The kids went from English to Spanish and back again absolutely effortlessly and often in the same sentence. Same with the rest of the family. Many Hispanics are bi-lingual while stupid whites are stubbornly holding on to their ignorance.

BTW, its unlikely that the young person in the OP was actually speaking Navajo.

Wow; pretentious, arrogant and racist all in one post. Yup, you must be a liberal alright.

I often wonder if the same people who bitch about everyone speaking English including personal conversations are the same ones that bitch when they go to foreign lands and are mad that their are no English signs explaining the signs in that country.

And that's why people hate Americans.

Don't generalize so much. People just hate YOU.

Forum List

Back