THIS is why I'm such a passionate defender of freedom of expression. RIGHT NOW. TODAY.

It couldn't be much more clear.

All along, I've advocated for freedom of expression as a way to shine a light on this country's problems. The left wingers here (the Regressive Left) attacked when I strongly advocated for freedom of expression on college campuses for even the worst of our society. All along, I've defended the right of paranoid, ignorant racists to say what they're thinking so that I could know, and so that I could know who agrees with them. For that, some of the Regressive Lefties (with their weaponized PC/Identity Politics) called me a racist and a closeted right winger. That's okay.

THIS is what freedom of expression is FOR. To shine the light on the cockroaches. It's the most LIBERAL of American values.

So, thank you, President Trump. Your behaviors and inactions have emboldened so many of your followers to expose themselves for what they are. They have shown this country that real, old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, butt-cracking racism still exists, and that we have to address it. Once and for all, hopefully.

In fact, the one thing that worries me the most at this time is that people on the Left will blow this opportunity. We're seeing it with the violence, which only gives the Trumpsters an excuse to change the subject. The Left has to get a grip so that this golden opportunity isn't wasted. This has be done carefully and thoughtfully.

Freedom of expression has been a huge help, but we (as a country) can't fuck this up.
Blah blah blah, you’re all for “freedom of expression” yet will vote for the SJW brigade.

I mean, can you be any more full of shit?

'Full of shit' is the Cult45 default setting. What are you bitching about again?

How will this be addressed?
The only way it will work is if and when both ends of the issue start being honest and hold their own accountable. That will start the momentum we need.

Those who refuse to see that their own house has to be cleaned simply won't be part of the conversation that leads to improvements. Fine with me.

Most likely it will get worse before then.

The mistake you're making is thinking the problem will be solved by those causing it. You are making a mistake if you think the extremists on both ends are going to see their own problems. Much less correct them.

It's a cop out and not taking responsibility for the problem to just say there's a problem but those causing the problem have to see it and correct it. Everyone else has to wait for them.

You've been doing that for how long now?

How is that working out?

You are part of the problem because you enable the problem to exist and grow.

It's going to take the rest of us to do it. All the sane people need to stop allowing the crazy people in their party to keep running things. Sure the crazy people should have a voice but they aren't the only voice and they are a minority.

So until the sane people stand up to say no to the crazy people, the crazy people will not stop. Why should they?
You're missing my point.

I've said a zillion times that the crazies on both ends of this issue are NOT going to be the same people who fix it. I used to think that anyone can be a part of improving things, but I've changed my mind on that. The only way this issue gets fixed is for the crazies to be marginalized out of the conversation and for the rest of us to fix it. And that process will have to include an honest look in the mirror by both ends, and it will have to include both ends of this holding their own side accountable for their actions. We're nowhere near that point yet.

You will be waiting a very long time to see or hear the ends of both parties hold anyone much less themselves accountable for anything.

It really doesn’t matter what the ends do.

What matters is what sane people do.

As I posted, the sane people should stop allowing the ends to dictate anything. Let them have input but only allow sane people to lead & make decision.

My whole point being ignore crazy, get sane people back in charge.

That requires sane people to get involved. That is the hard part. Sane people naturally stay away from crazy people.
Just out of curiosity, who gets to determine who the 'sane' are?

You see, I consider Mac to be one of the crazies and an extremist.

So, let Me ask you the question I asked him.

What specifically would you do -- laws, policies, social constructs -- that will bring about this change?

Keep in mind, a racist is someone who does not think they are wrong. If you have a belief that you think or know is right and good, would you ever change it?

Neither will they.

So, who is willing to waste time on trying to alter or change someone's mind?
I've only brought this up about a thousand times, but I'm happy to do it again.

This is a cultural problem, not something that will be effectively addressed with laws and regulations. So, two things have to happen:

First, those on both ends of this problem who have no interest in being part of constructive, honest conversation need to be marginalized. Essentially ignored. They can stand in the corner and scream at each other like spoiled brats all they want, while the adults get to work.

Second, an honest conversation on race has to happen, and that can only include each end of the spectrum honestly holding their own side accountable and cleaning their own house, before they point the finger at the other. That will be easier when the spoiled brats on the ends are marginalized.

That's a big order, and I don't expect it to happen any time soon. If a person looks at their side of this issue and refuses to admit that they need to clean their own house, they're more than likely excellent candidates for standing in the corner.

The problem here is that what you are aiming for - a society where race exists but does not exist - has never exist and will not ever exist? Why? Because race exists.

You should not expect the colorblind society to happen - it won't, ever. Rather, as the genetic clusters get freer to live the way they want the more differences there will be. Throw in the race hustlers, the average IQ of the populace along with some tribality and general interests of different groups and it is a total game over for your utopian view.

So, the people on the ends of the political spectrum are in fact correct while you are not. They are also focusing on what works while you are focusing on painting a Platonist moral utopia. You can paint as much as you want, the painting is not going to come alive.
I think we'll evolve to a better place, where those on both ends who are preoccupied with skin color are marginalized enough.

No perfection, no utopia, just the evolution of civilization.

As blacks loot and riot with Antifa... it must be just around the corner.

This is not per say a political problem, although the far-left media is responsible as far as the riots are concerned. The problems will get a lot worse as demographics keep shifting towards Brazil.

All along, I've advocated for freedom of expression as a way to shine a light on this country's problems. The left wingers here (the Regressive Left) attacked when I strongly advocated for freedom of expression on college campuses for even the worst of our society. All along, I've defended the right of paranoid, ignorant racists to say what they're thinking so that I could know, and so that I could know who agrees with them. For that, some of the Regressive Lefties (with their weaponized PC/Identity Politics) called me a racist and a closeted right winger. That's okay.

THIS is what freedom of expression is FOR. To shine the light on the cockroaches. It's the most LIBERAL of American values.

So, thank you, President Trump. Your behaviors and inactions have emboldened so many of your followers to expose themselves for what they are. They have shown this country that real, old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, butt-cracking racism still exists, and that we have to address it. Once and for all, hopefully.

In fact, the one thing that worries me the most at this time is that people on the Left will blow this opportunity. We're seeing it with the violence, which only gives the Trumpsters an excuse to change the subject. The Left has to get a grip so that this golden opportunity isn't wasted. This has be done carefully and thoughtfully.

Freedom of expression has been a huge help, but we (as a country) can't fuck this up.

Okay, so with freedom of expression we reveal the bigots for what they are. Then what? Do you then curb their freedom of expression?

In case you missed it in Civics class, everyone has freedom of expression, including bigots.

Freedom of expression is not there for you to use as a weapon against ideological opponents. It is there for you to use as a tool to express your ideas and views.
Gee, ya think?

Nope. We need to accurately know and understand what others are thinking before we can begin the process of improving things. Issue irrelevant. "Side" irrelevant.

It's sad that I even have to say that, but I guess that's where we are.

63cbfffd5186588680e2834574fb27df.jpg

And what does "improving things" entail? How will that be manifested? This is what I'm getting at.

Over 1 million tickets sold for a RALLY! To see trump! Are you sure you like free speech democrats? Lol

Okay, so with freedom of expression we reveal the bigots for what they are. Then what? Do you then curb their freedom of expression?

In case you missed it in Civics class, everyone has freedom of expression, including bigots.

Freedom of expression is not there for you to use as a weapon against ideological opponents. It is there for you to use as a tool to express your ideas and views.
Gee, ya think?

Nope. We need to accurately know and understand what others are thinking before we can begin the process of improving things. Issue irrelevant. "Side" irrelevant.

And what does "improving things" entail? How will that be manifested? This is what I'm getting at.

"improving things"

doing to right wingers what conservatives want to do to everyone else?

just a guess

Gee, ya think?

I don't know how to explain something that should be so obvious.

The goal is to change behaviors on both ends of the issue. How is that done? Through communication, understanding other perspectives, changing attitudes. It's most effective if the communication comes from a trusted source, such as someone on one's "side" of the issue. This is why each "side" has to be honest and hold THEIR OWN accountable.

I've tried to answer your questions, perhaps you'll answer mine:

1. Would you like to see race relations improved in this country?
2. If so, how would you proceed towards that goal?

Thanks in advance.

A bunch of ANTIFA thugs attack a guy...start beating the shit out of him and he pulls a gun and shoots a couple of them........the cops arrest the gun owner because he didn't take his beating and ask for seconds.
You forgot to mention that the inbred attacked a girl. He body slammed her and thats why he got attacked.
What "inbred"?

You just say stupid shit

He is praising himself for being for free speech while at the same time calling all Trump supporters and most republicans racist.

Did he, though?
Nope. But Dusty constantly fabricates my positions. It appears to be the only way he knows how to "communicate".

It's like your presence isn't even required for a debate. How rude.
Tell me, what do you think is going on here? Do you think the people on this thread really want to see race relations improve?

I honestly can't figure out the point of these obtuse behaviors, where I'm having to explain the most obvious stuff.

The problem here is that what you are aiming for - a society where race exists but does not exist - has never exist and will not ever exist? Why? Because race exists.

You should not expect the colorblind society to happen - it won't, ever. Rather, as the genetic clusters get freer to live the way they want the more differences there will be. Throw in the race hustlers, the average IQ of the populace along with some tribality and general interests of different groups and it is a total game over for your utopian view.

So, the people on the ends of the political spectrum are in fact correct while you are not. They are also focusing on what works while you are focusing on painting a Platonist moral utopia. You can paint as much as you want, the painting is not going to come alive.
This is so wrong it is laughable. African Americans are already quite thoroughly “mixed,” mostly as a result of generations of rape under slavery, but also as a result of “passing,” voluntary mixing, intermarriage, immigration, etc. Example: President Obama. Even his “white” mother had a black ancestor. “White” Americans are above all a historically changeable social construct. Americans already are a melting pot of races and ethnicities — “a society where race exists but does not exist.” There is NO chance of ever going backwards here.

Finally, your profound ignorance is shown even by your reference to a “Platonist moral utopia.”

Mac1958 answered appropriately:

“I think we'll evolve to a better place, where those on both ends who are preoccupied with skin color are marginalized ... No perfection, no utopia, just the evolution of civilization.”

I would add, dummy, that Plato was a social conservative, and the “utopia” he described in his The Republic resembles in embryo nothing so much as modern fascism.

Last edited:

This is so wrong it is laughable. African Americans are already quite thoroughly “mixed,” mostly as a result of generations of rape under slavery, but also as a result of “passing,” voluntary mixing, intermarriage, immigration, etc. Example: President Obama. Even his “white” mother had a black ancestor. “White” Americans are above all a historically changeable social construct. Americans already are a melting pot of races and ethnicities — “a society where race exists but does not exist.” There is NO chance of ever going backwards here.

Finally, your profound ignorance is shown even by your reference to a “Platonist moral utopia.”

“I think we'll evolve to a better place, where those on both ends who are preoccupied with skin color are marginalized ... No perfection, no utopia, just the evolution of civilization.”

I would just add, dummy, that Plato was a social conservative, and the “utopia” he described in his The Republic resembles in embryo nothing so much as modern fascism.

Feel free to virtue signal as much as you want, that does not change the facts. Mixed in... race riots... impossible to make this up.

The melting pot lie is comical. America is a white nation with a clear identity of freedom, and as it gets more diverse with more people who hate the idea and the American people who believe in it, more problems will appear.

It's clear that what I meant by Platonism went right over your head. You should use it as a synonym for a nice story.

Last edited:
I fully agree, freedom of expression is of utmost import. Its benefits are exactly what you describe, and much more. Freedom of speech means, there is nothing by way of legal repercussions for speech, no matter how obnoxious, or unwelcome to the powers-that-be. It doesn't mean you have to be invited to, and welcomed by, polite company.

What you don't understand, despite having been reminded of it numerous times, denying anyone a platform to spread their filth is not a matter of freedom of speech. Providing them with a platform at college campuses would lend them a veneer of scientific value and thus help them normalize racist and Nazi filth. Denying them a platform at college campuses is not a freedom of speech issue. Just as denying teachers at schools the opportunity to spread Nazi propaganda is not a freedom of speech issue.

You can now continue boasting about your freedom-of-speech credentials. We all know by now, actually understanding what the term means is not a requirement for the boasts.

This is an intelligent point, and I don’t think Mac1958 answered it adequately with his categorizing you as having a “nutter view” (comment #59).

As I understand Mac1958 he is merely taking an extended First Amendment “Civil Libertarian” position. I say “extended” because classically the First Amendment only applies to forbidding Federal government interference with free speech. He is getting attacked for “sitting on the fence” mostly by right wingers here, but imho that is a pretty good place to sit. Good citizens and neighbors often sit on the fence while discussing each other’s differences. Compromise and listening carefully to different opinions, even crackpot ideas, even accepting or participating in racist rants, were long the glue that held U.S. society together, especially during the 90 years between the end of Reconstruction / growth of Jim Crow and the legal victory of the Civil Rights Movement.

If an extremist cultural blowback to modern “liberal” values triumphs in the U.S., the “civil libertarian” perspective may indeed become untenable, just as genuine Republican values have been driven out of the old GOP by right populist demagogues. If “liberal imperialism” and a “crony capitalist” corporate liberalism re-establishes its dominance, as I believe is likely, then maybe it will survive. But either way, “free speech” in corporate media, on college campuses, and even liberal democracy and republican institutions of government themselves will continue to be endangered in the next period of the decline of the U.S. “Empire.”

Fortunately, new forms of individual expression via the Internet, non-corporate, non-national news and even “whistleblowing” institutions like WikiLeaks are struggling to find their mass audience and sea legs. The state will push its own agenda but must stay out of any sort of repressing of free speech. Corporations and other private organizations will push their own agendas and will censor, ban, and distort as they see fit and the zeitgeist requires. Pressuring and lobbying them is not a violation of free speech, but in fact is part of the give and take of a democratic society.

Actual physical confrontation over “free speech” is inevitable and necessary only in civil war conditions or if fascist violence becomes significant, and even then it is not “speech” but the violence itself that must be put down. Police measures, or popular mobilizations, can both fall into this category. But if our country falls into chronic instability, only our competitors win. Right now our Chinese competitors do not protect free speech. Unless they transform themselves in the next period dramatically, their political system’s rise and our political system’s collapse is not desirable. Empty talk of “civil war” — today coming mostly from rightwing extremists — is dangerous, idiotic, and counterproductive.
I'm for free speech, not threaten speech. The CEO of T-Mobile threatening to pull his ads from Tucker Carlson, example, you write and speak like me or else. too fking funny. Now that is pure leftist brand right there. I give two shits what you or anyone else says. I don't care if it is factual or not. You have that because hundreds of thousands died for that right. But a leftist can't fking stand an opposing view point. Point at it say no, no, no, shout over anyone talking, burn what ever doesn't fit. Now seriously, I don't really care about that either since they are free to do so. I merely point it out that they don't want freedom. Never did, never will.

Gee, ya think?

The goal is to change behaviors on both ends of the issue. How is that done? Through communication, understanding other perspectives, changing attitudes. It's most effective if the communication comes from a trusted source, such as someone on one's "side" of the issue. This is why each "side" has to be honest and hold THEIR OWN accountable.

Thanks in advance.
You're a fucking LIB asshole!
Go into virtually any college in the country and take your childlike stupidity with you. Tell the little LIB pukes how you have a great idea to solve the county's problems. They will literally throw you into a dumpster and set it on fire.
Now FUCK OFF.

It would appear you are falling for Mac's demented shtick. Sorry to say so.

There is only one side preoccupied with skin color. They are preoccupied with Whitey's privileged position, and keeping those ill-colored folks away from power, from the voting booth, from every kind of opportunity.

There is another side preoccupied with inequality, which often, but not always, aligns with color divides. Their aim is to make race (and parents' economic status, etc.) less of a determinant of social, economic, and political success (or failure), that is, to reduce societal and political forces that would create obstacles to the progress towards a more equitable society.

These two groups are wildly, wildly dissimilar, but Mac loves to throw them all into the same sack and drown them all the same. Summing up, as long as skin color is a determining factor in a myriad of issues ranging from getting a job interview to police interaction to incarceration, race needs to remain a hot issue in every realm of policy making. Leaving skin color out, as Mac appears to favor, all but guarantees that the persistent inequalities remain as they are, and that runs counter to his purported goal of evolving "to a better place". Think about that, and carefully: In just one phrase, he declares his advocacy and renders it perfectly useless and self-contradictory. There is no better place to be had unless those traditionally relegated to the lower rungs remain where they are.

It would appear you are falling for Mac's demented shtick. Sorry to say so.

There is only one side preoccupied with skin color. They are preoccupied with Whitey's privileged position, and keeping those ill-colored folks away from power, from the voting booth, from every kind of opportunity.

There is another side preoccupied with inequality, which often, but not always, aligns with color divides. Their aim is to make race (and parents' economic status, etc.) less of a determinant of social, economic, and political success (or failure), that is, to reduce societal and political forces that would create obstacles to the progress towards a more equitable society.

These two groups are wildly, wildly dissimilar, but Mac loves to throw them all into the same sack and drown them all the same. Summing up, as long as skin color is a determining factor in a myriad of issues ranging from getting a job interview to police interaction to incarceration, race needs to remain a hot issue in every realm of policy making. Leaving skin color out, as Mac appears to favor, all but guarantees that the persistent inequalities remain as they are, and that runs counter to his purported goal of evolving "to a better place". Think about that, and carefully: In just one phrase, he declares his advocacy and renders it perfectly useless and self-contradictory. There is no better place to be had unless those traditionally relegated to the lower rungs remain where they are.

There is one group of people that occupies itself with equality indeed, because they are inferior and wish that weren't so. Leftist soy boys living in mom's basement aka. Antifa along with the above poster belong in this very sad, stupid anti-American group.

That same group is preoccupied with skin color more than anyone, organizing race riots and siding itself with a black supremacist group.

Last edited:
In a (very possibly wasted) effort to stop the silly personal shit on this thread, let me ask all participants two (2) very clear, simple, straightforward questions:

1. Do you want to see race relations in America improved, or does it not matter to you?

2. If you want to see them improved, precisely what is your prescription for getting to that point?

Maybe we can inspire some interesting thought for a change.

Last edited:

Gee, ya think?

"improving things"

doing to right wingers what conservatives want to do to everyone else?

just a guess

Can you define that?
After you define it, describe who improves and the actual improvement.

Gee, ya think?

Thanks in advance.
Best way to improve race relations is shut down CNN and move on to MSNBC.....etc.

Forum List

Back