🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

THIS is why I'm such a passionate defender of freedom of expression. RIGHT NOW. TODAY.

it's as if he has no idea of what has taken place over the last six months.
Yep, fer some reason, them damn black folks got upset about somethin' for some reason 'n stuff.

Just out of nowhere 'n stuff.

Them damn black folks.

Is mac excusing looting and burning buildings with kids inside them based on skin color now?

There are two kinds of people, those to whom virtue signaling is more important than civilization and those to whom it is not.
Nope, I'm sure not.

But thanks for lying. I mean, trying.

Last time I checked, Mac interpreted someone being wrong as lying.

Now he is even interpreting questions as lying.

He is degrading before our eyes.

Good that we are on the same page on some things at least. Being black is no excuse to burn civilization down, no matter how many black criminals were killed by cops in a fuck up.

Bigots sure are easy to trigger.

Just hold up the mirror.

Nothing defines leftism like the female tactic of debating and discussion.

You don't need to post the misguided meta-narrative that occupies your brain almost in the same capacity as Trump. If you used all that brain capacity for arguments instead, maybe you would eventually get to something approximating the truth.

Less soy on the diet always does well.

It couldn't be much more clear.

All along, I've advocated for freedom of expression as a way to shine a light on this country's problems. The left wingers here (the Regressive Left) attacked when I strongly advocated for freedom of expression on college campuses for even the worst of our society. All along, I've defended the right of paranoid, ignorant racists to say what they're thinking so that I could know, and so that I could know who agrees with them. For that, some of the Regressive Lefties (with their weaponized PC/Identity Politics) called me a racist and a closeted right winger. That's okay.

THIS is what freedom of expression is FOR. To shine the light on the cockroaches. It's the most LIBERAL of American values.

So, thank you, President Trump. Your behaviors and inactions have emboldened so many of your followers to expose themselves for what they are. They have shown this country that real, old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, butt-cracking racism still exists, and that we have to address it. Once and for all, hopefully.

In fact, the one thing that worries me the most at this time is that people on the Left will blow this opportunity. We're seeing it with the violence, which only gives the Trumpsters an excuse to change the subject. The Left has to get a grip so that this golden opportunity isn't wasted. This has be done carefully and thoughtfully.

Freedom of expression has been a huge help, but we (as a country) can't fuck this up.

I'm not just woke, I'm centrist woke. Sure, I'll point out how stupid it is that a bunch of hood rats is bad, but their badness is justified because FUCK TRUMP! Sure, Trump ain't the guy for that job, but he is the guy who is there. Just like every other president. All you did here was put up another post for some attention.
And it's done a delightful job, pissing off both silly, destructive ends of the spectrum.

You represent a destructive end, while apparently being completely oblivious.

How will this be addressed?
The only way it will work is if and when both ends of the issue start being honest and hold their own accountable. That will start the momentum we need.

Those who refuse to see that their own house has to be cleaned simply won't be part of the conversation that leads to improvements. Fine with me.

Most likely it will get worse before then.

The mistake you're making is thinking the problem will be solved by those causing it. You are making a mistake if you think the extremists on both ends are going to see their own problems. Much less correct them.

It's a cop out and not taking responsibility for the problem to just say there's a problem but those causing the problem have to see it and correct it. Everyone else has to wait for them.

You've been doing that for how long now?

How is that working out?

You are part of the problem because you enable the problem to exist and grow.

It's going to take the rest of us to do it. All the sane people need to stop allowing the crazy people in their party to keep running things. Sure the crazy people should have a voice but they aren't the only voice and they are a minority.

So until the sane people stand up to say no to the crazy people, the crazy people will not stop. Why should they?
You're missing my point.

I've said a zillion times that the crazies on both ends of this issue are NOT going to be the same people who fix it. I used to think that anyone can be a part of improving things, but I've changed my mind on that. The only way this issue gets fixed is for the crazies to be marginalized out of the conversation and for the rest of us to fix it. And that process will have to include an honest look in the mirror by both ends, and it will have to include both ends of this holding their own side accountable for their actions. We're nowhere near that point yet.

You will be waiting a very long time to see or hear the ends of both parties hold anyone much less themselves accountable for anything.

It really doesn’t matter what the ends do.

What matters is what sane people do.

As I posted, the sane people should stop allowing the ends to dictate anything. Let them have input but only allow sane people to lead & make decision.

My whole point being ignore crazy, get sane people back in charge.

That requires sane people to get involved. That is the hard part. Sane people naturally stay away from crazy people.
Just out of curiosity, who gets to determine who the 'sane' are?

You see, I consider Mac to be one of the crazies and an extremist.

So, let Me ask you the question I asked him.

What specifically would you do -- laws, policies, social constructs -- that will bring about this change?

Keep in mind, a racist is someone who does not think they are wrong. If you have a belief that you think or know is right and good, would you ever change it?

Neither will they.

So, who is willing to waste time on trying to alter or change someone's mind?

I agree with IM2 and Olde Europe that @Mac1958’s characterization of criminal looters as engaging somehow in “leftist” violence is wrong. There are a lot of problematic characterizations when it comes to describing and attributing responsibility for “violence” and “criminality” — especially U.S. state violence overseas.

I’ve nevertheless given a “thumbs up” to Mac1958 many times here. The reason I do so is because he has staked out his own “centrist” and essentially non-partisan position fairly and reasonably, and he has accurately characterized the Trump cultists, giving them and Trump himself exactly what they deserve.

On the deeper questions I disagree with Mac1958, but for purposes of this debate, to the extent it is an argument with Trump cultists, I can only say ... “give ‘em hell!”

I think all young Japanese people should apologize for Pearl Harbor.

I agree with IM2 and Olde Europe that @Mac1958’s characterization of criminal looters as engaging somehow in “leftist” violence is wrong. There are a lot of problematic characterizations when it comes to describing and attributing responsibility for “violence” and “criminality” — especially U.S. state violence overseas.

I’ve nevertheless given a “thumbs up” to Mac1958 many times here. The reason I do so is because he has staked out his own “centrist” and essentially non-partisan position fairly and reasonably, and he has accurately characterized the Trump cultists, giving them and Trump himself exactly what they deserve.

On the deeper questions I disagree with Mac1958, but for purposes of this debate, to the extent it is an argument with Trump cultists, I can only say ... “give ‘em hell!”

Oh look, a far left extremist calls Mac an extremist for not agreeing with him on all issues, in fact only on Trump, but for his discussion only relating to Trump derangement discussion that is good enough.

Believing that anyone can live with these far leftists other than other far leftists - resulting in CHAZ style cluster fuck... is wrong.

The only way it will work is if and when both ends of the issue start being honest and hold their own accountable. That will start the momentum we need.

Those who refuse to see that their own house has to be cleaned simply won't be part of the conversation that leads to improvements. Fine with me.

The mistake you're making is thinking the problem will be solved by those causing it. You are making a mistake if you think the extremists on both ends are going to see their own problems. Much less correct them.

It's a cop out and not taking responsibility for the problem to just say there's a problem but those causing the problem have to see it and correct it. Everyone else has to wait for them.

How is that working out?

It's going to take the rest of us to do it. All the sane people need to stop allowing the crazy people in their party to keep running things. Sure the crazy people should have a voice but they aren't the only voice and they are a minority.

So until the sane people stand up to say no to the crazy people, the crazy people will not stop. Why should they?
You're missing my point.

I've said a zillion times that the crazies on both ends of this issue are NOT going to be the same people who fix it. I used to think that anyone can be a part of improving things, but I've changed my mind on that. The only way this issue gets fixed is for the crazies to be marginalized out of the conversation and for the rest of us to fix it. And that process will have to include an honest look in the mirror by both ends, and it will have to include both ends of this holding their own side accountable for their actions. We're nowhere near that point yet.

You will be waiting a very long time to see or hear the ends of both parties hold anyone much less themselves accountable for anything.

As I posted, the sane people should stop allowing the ends to dictate anything. Let them have input but only allow sane people to lead & make decision.

That requires sane people to get involved. That is the hard part. Sane people naturally stay away from crazy people.

What specifically would you do -- laws, policies, social constructs -- that will bring about this change?

Keep in mind, a racist is someone who does not think they are wrong. If you have a belief that you think or know is right and good, would you ever change it?

Neither will they.

I've only brought this up about a thousand times, but I'm happy to do it again.

This is a cultural problem, not something that will be effectively addressed with laws and regulations. So, two things have to happen:

First, those on both ends of this problem who have no interest in being part of constructive, honest conversation need to be marginalized. Essentially ignored. They can stand in the corner and scream at each other like spoiled brats all they want, while the adults get to work.

Second, an honest conversation on race has to happen, and that can only include each end of the spectrum honestly holding their own side accountable and cleaning their own house, before they point the finger at the other. That will be easier when the spoiled brats on the ends are marginalized.

That's a big order, and I don't expect it to happen any time soon. If a person looks at their side of this issue and refuses to admit that they need to clean their own house, they're more than likely excellent candidates for standing in the corner.

How is that working out?

You're missing my point.

Neither will they.

This is a cultural problem, not something that will be effectively addressed with laws and regulations. So, two things have to happen:

First, those on both ends of this problem who have no interest in being part of constructive, honest conversation need to be marginalized. Essentially ignored. They can stand in the corner and scream at each other like spoiled brats all they want, while the adults get to work.

Second, an honest conversation on race has to happen, and that can only include each end of the spectrum honestly holding their own side accountable and cleaning their own house, before they point the finger at the other. That will be easier when the spoiled brats on the ends are marginalized.

That's a big order, and I don't expect it to happen any time soon. If a person looks at their side of this issue and refuses to admit that they need to clean their own house, they're more than likely excellent candidates for standing in the corner.
Now watch Me put you in the corner.

How is that working out?

You're missing my point.

Neither will they.

The problem here is that what you are aiming for - a society where race exists but does not exist - has never exist and will not ever exist? Why? Because race exists.

You should not expect the colorblind society to happen - it won't, ever. Rather, as the genetic clusters get freer to live the way they want the more differences there will be. Throw in the race hustlers, the average IQ of the populace along with some tribality and general interests of different groups and it is a total game over for your utopian view.

So, the people on the ends of the political spectrum are in fact correct while you are not. They are also focusing on what works while you are focusing on painting a Platonist moral utopia. You can paint as much as you want, the painting is not going to come alive.

How is that working out?

You're missing my point.

Neither will they.

The problem here is that what you are aiming for - a society where race exists but does not exist - has never exist and will not ever exist? Why? Because race exists.

You should not expect the colorblind society to happen - it won't, ever. Rather, as the genetic clusters get freer to live the way they want the more differences there will be. Throw in the race hustlers, the average IQ of the populace along with some tribality and general interests of different groups and it is a total game over for your utopian view.

So, the people on the ends of the political spectrum are in fact correct while you are not. They are also focusing on what works while you are focusing on painting a Platonist moral utopia. You can paint as much as you want, the painting is not going to come alive.
I think we'll evolve to a better place, where those on both ends who are preoccupied with skin color are marginalized enough.

No perfection, no utopia, just the evolution of civilization.

How is that working out?

You're missing my point.

Neither will they.

I think we'll evolve to a better place, where those on both ends who are preoccupied with skin color are marginalized enough.

No perfection, no utopia, just the evolution of civilization.

We will send a note over to your corner to let you know how that worked out.

I am sure, Mac will arrive shortly, and slap you over the head with a 2x4 for mislabeling him as a "centrist".

In reality, Mac isn't into staking out positions. He's merely climbing up his portable cross of martyrdom at the hands of "both sides" in order, from this elevated position, better to piss on "both sides" - which predominantly amounts to pissing on the violent, regressive, PC-weaponizing left, because mouth-breathers facing social opprobrium for their misogyny and racism runs counter to his "free speech" absolutism.

The first line of my sig, being illustrated beautifully once again, in his thread:

It's not about "Left vs. Right". It's about the FUNDAMENTALISTS on BOTH ends vs. a MAJORITY of America. THAT is MY "side of the fence".

All along, I've advocated for freedom of expression as a way to shine a light on this country's problems. The left wingers here (the Regressive Left) attacked when I strongly advocated for freedom of expression on college campuses for even the worst of our society. All along, I've defended the right of paranoid, ignorant racists to say what they're thinking so that I could know, and so that I could know who agrees with them. For that, some of the Regressive Lefties (with their weaponized PC/Identity Politics) called me a racist and a closeted right winger. That's okay.

THIS is what freedom of expression is FOR. To shine the light on the cockroaches. It's the most LIBERAL of American values.

So, thank you, President Trump. Your behaviors and inactions have emboldened so many of your followers to expose themselves for what they are. They have shown this country that real, old fashioned, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, butt-cracking racism still exists, and that we have to address it. Once and for all, hopefully.

In fact, the one thing that worries me the most at this time is that people on the Left will blow this opportunity. We're seeing it with the violence, which only gives the Trumpsters an excuse to change the subject. The Left has to get a grip so that this golden opportunity isn't wasted. This has be done carefully and thoughtfully.

Freedom of expression has been a huge help, but we (as a country) can't fuck this up.

Okay, so with freedom of expression we reveal the bigots for what they are. Then what? Do you then curb their freedom of expression?

In case you missed it in Civics class, everyone has freedom of expression, including bigots.

Freedom of expression is not there for you to use as a weapon against ideological opponents. It is there for you to use as a tool to express your ideas and views.

Okay, so with freedom of expression we reveal the bigots for what they are. Then what? Do you then curb their freedom of expression?

In case you missed it in Civics class, everyone has freedom of expression, including bigots.

Freedom of expression is not there for you to use as a weapon against ideological opponents. It is there for you to use as a tool to express your ideas and views.
Gee, ya think?

Nope. We need to accurately know and understand what others are thinking before we can begin the process of improving things. Issue irrelevant. "Side" irrelevant.

It's sad that I even have to say that, but I guess that's where we are.

63cbfffd5186588680e2834574fb27df.jpg

Forum List

Back