This is why Islam should be reformed.

So why would you support the extermination of Islam?
It is a sick, murderous, misogynistic, pedophilic, slave owning, vile menace to the world. A cancer.

I tend to think it's more about race, than about Islam.

Tatars, Bosniaks, Indonesians, aren't half as bad as the Arabs, because they are very different racially.

I have bad new for you, sobie------NEUROSCIENCE is my thing----careful study
has demonstrated that there are no racial differences in THE BRAIN----(disclaimer------the polack brain was not included in any of the studies)

It is a sick, murderous, misogynistic, pedophilic, slave owning, vile menace to the world. A cancer.

Tatars, Bosniaks, Indonesians, aren't half as bad as the Arabs, because they are very different racially.

has demonstrated that there are no racial differences in THE BRAIN----(disclaimer------the polack brain was not included in any of the studies)
How about racism? Is that located in the brain?

hard wired ------US vs THEM -----it is an aspect of the human
brain set-up for SOCIAL BEHAVIOR------favored in evolution for
SURVIVAL

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

rejection of "OTHER" ---ie outside the existing social group is
HARDWIRED in a majority of members of the animal kingdom---
fellow animal

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

Wrong I know there's racial differences in Amygdala sizes.

Wrong I know there's racial differences in Amygdala sizes.

and you IMAGINE that's a good thing? -------the Polack amygdala is
responsible alcoholic disinhibition RAGE. -------most prominently
noted in WODKA IMBIBERS

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

Absolutely! Fear of the 'other' is an evolutionary asset. It doesn't do us much good in modern society, but it's deep in our Limbic Cortex.

That's not to say we can't cerebrally overcome it. But, it is a natural reaction to the unknown.

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

Absolutely! Fear of the 'other' is an evolutionary asset. It doesn't do us much good in modern society, but it's deep in our Limbic Cortex.

That's not to say we can't cerebrally overcome it. But, it is a natural reaction to the unknown.
Are you suggesting it is no longer a functional advantage then?

SURVIVAL
So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

If you're a lion fighting over hunting land or a Paleolithic homonid fighting over a watering hole, yes, being naturally wary of the outsider makes perfect sense. Every stranger you met was after your stuff.

But, we aren't fighting for survival any longer. Our group allegiance includes many people who aren't physically similar to us.

Those who, in times past, could automatically be assumed to be a threat, are now our neighbors, our co-workers, our friends, and even our family.

A natural fear/antagonism for those who appear physically different isn't going to help you survive in the world of today, it will actually have the opposite effect.

So you are
saying that
racism is
hardwired into
us?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

If you're a lion fighting over hunting land or a Paleolithic homonid fighting over a watering hole, yes, being naturally wary of the outsider makes perfect sense. Every stranger you met was after your stuff.

But, we aren't fighting for survival any longer. Our group allegiance includes many people who aren't physically similar to us.

Those who, in times past, could automatically be assumed to be a threat, are now our neighbors, our co-workers, our friends, and even our family.

A natural fear/antagonism for those who appear physically different isn't going to help you survive in the world of today, it will actually have the opposite effect.
Are you forgetting war?

fellow animal
So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

5bb7feb925000036003a0eb6.jpeg

So you
are
saying that
racism
is
hardwired into
us?

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

I was referring to the functional advantage part of it.

When would you say the evolutionary advantage went away?

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

The moment we decided as a species that it's more profitable to trade than to steal.

When you start trading, the outsider becomes an resource, not a threat.

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

The moment we decided as a species that it's more profitable to trade than to steal.

When would you say that was exactly?

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

Feb 2, 8,736 BCE ... at approximately 2:35PM.

Are you forgetting war?

Not at all ...

I was expecting a ballpark answer.

There sure have been a lot of wars since then don't you think?

Maybe they didn't get the memo.

Not at all ...

You're confusing ideological difference with physical differences. Or, perhaps, you fail to make the distinction.

You're confusing ideological difference with physical differences. Or, perhaps, you fail to make the distinction.
So you are saying that all wars are fought based upon ideological differences?

I certainly don't believe they were fought based on physical differences... although there certainly were physical differences between the tribes in most wars.

Forum List

Back