This is why some Police have a No Pursuit Policy in some cases

Dude, just give up. Even Bucs, who usually will defend cops no matter how egregious their conduct, knows the fault here is 100% on the cop.

FACT: when a cop or emergency service vehicle shows up at an intersection with sirens going and lights flashing, THAT VEHICLE HAS RIGHT OF WAY.

The video shows that a cop was already at the intersection with lights going and siren, but the moron civilian proceeded into the intersection anyway.

Then the idiot got hit by a second squad car that had the right of way with their sirens going as well as the first vehicle already there.

There is no other way about it; the civilian was in the wrong and a stupid ass.

Dude, just give up. Even Bucs, who usually will defend cops no matter how egregious their conduct, knows the fault here is 100% on the cop.

FACT: when a cop or emergency service vehicle shows up at an intersection with sirens going and lights flashing, THAT VEHICLE HAS RIGHT OF WAY.

The video shows that a cop was already at the intersection with lights going and siren, but the moron civilian proceeded into the intersection anyway.

Then the idiot got hit by a second squad car that had the right of way with their sirens going as well as the first vehicle already there.

That's not true.

Yes....with lights and siren...cops are allowed to ignore most traffic laws liken red lights.

HOWEVER....every state I know of also says it is the COPS RESPONSIBILITY to use "due regard for safety of other drivers".

Meaning....you don't blow through a red light at 90. Ever.

I support cops more than anyone. But I do not support this cops actions....and in fact...he DID GET CHARGED as the news reported yesterday.

Shit happens. Should state and local Police tell the bad guys that if they can make it to a vehicle they won't be chased?

That's not true.

Yes....with lights and siren...cops are allowed to ignore most traffic laws liken red lights.

HOWEVER....every state I know of also says it is the COPS RESPONSIBILITY to use "due regard for safety of other drivers".

I support cops more than anyone. But I do not support this cops actions....and in fact...he DID GET CHARGED as the news reported yesterday.

Telling cops to proceed with caution is the same as EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS RIGHT OF WAY.

I know you are a cop supporter, which is why your take on this is kind of interesting.

That's not true.

Telling cops to proceed with caution is the same as EVERY OTHER PERSON WHO HAS RIGHT OF WAY.

I know you are a cop supporter, which is why your take on this is kind of interesting.

I am a cop supporter....because I was a cop. And I assure you...you're wrong on this.

The cop DOES NOT HAVE the right of way. What he has...is permission to ignore right of way (hence the need for lights and sirens) along with the DUTY TO use that permission with reasonable care for other drivers. Blasting through an intersection at 90mph is not that....which he had now been rightfully charged for.

The laws that say you must yield for emergency vehicles is also on the books. It requires intent to block one. Typically it's for not moving aside when one is behind you. I saw someone said "well another cop car was stopped at the intersection she should've stopped too". That's also common....to block intersections. If he was trying to doing that....well....he didn't do it....because she still drove through it. All he did was give the driver some lights to look at off to the side as they passed through their green light.

Supporting cops also means calling out the dumbasses. This cop was wrong and a dumbass.

You don't pull over in the middle of an intersection. Also, in a lot of cases, it's very difficult to determine where the siren is coming from. And, cops are suppose to approach intersections with caution when involved in a chase. When cops are driving 80 or 90 MPH, the time between hearing a siren and actually seeing the cop is very short, in a second or so. Cops are suppose to observe traffic at all times, even when chasing another vehicle.
I get that. I'm not saying it was all her fault. Just that even I can hear a siren coming blocks away, and if I can't figure out where its coming from, I pull over if possible.
Some can hear most sirens, and some can't. But, the point is that cops are trained to use extreme caution when entering an intersection, for their safety, and for the general public's safety. It's basically just plain common sense.

I would argue that if you can't hear a siren YOU SHOULDN'T BE FUCKING DRIVING.
Doesnt matter what you argue. You dont have any authority.

You can be preoccupied on the road and not hear a siren.
And that still puts you at fault not the cop
If that were true the cop in the OP wouldnt have gotten charged. I guess you dont know what you are talking about like I already knew.

I get that. I'm not saying it was all her fault. Just that even I can hear a siren coming blocks away, and if I can't figure out where its coming from, I pull over if possible.
Some can hear most sirens, and some can't. But, the point is that cops are trained to use extreme caution when entering an intersection, for their safety, and for the general public's safety. It's basically just plain common sense.

If that were true the cop in the OP wouldnt have gotten charged. I guess you dont know what you are talking about like I already knew.

That's a little naive of you well more than a little

You can't deny that the civilian did not yield when every other driver in that intersection did.

The cops will have no trouble sacrificing one of their own in this to appease the public
That kind of shit happens all the time

So the cops will make a show of charging the officer, he'll lose his job, maybe. The cops will settle with the woman. The taxpayers will foot the bill and this will all be forgotten

Last edited:

You can't deny that the civilian did not yield when every other driver in that intersection did.

The cops will have no trouble sacrificing one of their own in this to appease the public

So the cops will make a show of charging the officer, he'll lose his job, maybe. The cops will settle with the woman. The taxpayers will foot the bill and this will all be forgotten

The cop SHOULD BE charged and fired in this one.

I accept some margin for error when it involves the CRIMINAL. But not innocent bystanders. There's no excuse for blowing through an intersection at 90mph. He didn't even slow down.

I accept some margin for error when it involves the CRIMINAL. But not innocent bystanders. There's no excuse for blowing through an intersection at 90mph. He didn't even slow down.

Still doesn't negate the fact that every other car yielded and the one didn't

Nothing you said had anything to do with the point that the cop was wrong and his superiors agreed with me. Now you can keep saying it wasnt his fault but only if you want to insist on looking silly.

Nothing you said had anything to do with the point that the cop was wrong and his superiors agreed with me. Now you can keep saying it wasnt his fault but only if you want to insist on looking silly.

Being right isn't silly.

I am right that the civilian did not yield when every other driver did

I really don't care who agrees with you because it is a FACT that she did not yield.

Still doesn't negate the fact that every other car yielded and the one didn't

Did every other pedestrian yield, or did they all just get lucky and not get hit? Truth is, we don't have any idea. Goes back to my original comment. Why didn't the lights change when an emergency vehicle with sirens approached? I thought they all had over rides on them that did exactly that?

Being right isn't silly.

I really don't care who agrees with you because it is a FACT that she did not yield.
I never claimed being right was silly. I said you were silly and wrong.

Being right isn't silly.

I never claimed being right was silly. I said you were silly and wrong.

And obviously we all need to recognize that you are THE expert in the field of being wrong.

I can't believe this thread is still going. The cop was 110% absolutely wrong. There is no other correct way to see this incident.

Troopers said Officer Chris Bonner blew through a red light last Thursday while chasing two armed suspects.

Woman injured in crash with Ocoee police officer speaks with WESH 2 News

Cool! Armed felons should be allowed to flee!
Welcome to ObamAmerica.

No pursuit policy is Obama's fault now?

Why 'no pursuit' policy is bad. | Officer.com

From 2005 its Obama's fault? Obama is super powerful to you guys

Obama represents the side of America that always sides with evil.

Troopers said Officer Chris Bonner blew through a red light last Thursday while chasing two armed suspects.

Woman injured in crash with Ocoee police officer speaks with WESH 2 News

Cool! Armed felons should be allowed to flee!
Welcome to ObamAmerica.

No pursuit policy is Obama's fault now?

Why 'no pursuit' policy is bad. | Officer.com

From 2005 its Obama's fault? Obama is super powerful to you guys

Obama represents the side of America that always sides with evil.

And Time Travel too!

Forum List

Back