This map shows what $100 dollars is really worth in your state

If I was going to give the world and enema, I would stick the nozzle in South Carolina.

You really are upset that Right to work....well works....

Once known for textile manufacturing,Greenville has become an international powerhouse, hosting companies from all parts of the globe.

The city, along with Spartanburg, Anderson and other nearby towns known as "The Upstate," boast more than 250 international firms, including BMW (Germany), Michelin (France), GlaxoSmithKline (United Kingdom) and Kyocera (Japan).

"That's the highest international investment per capita in the nation," said Nancy Whitworth, Greenville's Director of Economic Development.

If I was going to give the world and enema, I would stick the nozzle in South Carolina.

Hilton Head is quite nice.

But cost of living there is probably on a par with the Northeast or West Coast.

Been to HH a few times. Reminds me of Kemah, TX; artificial and plastic

Like I said northerners move and come here for two week "vacations" we live it 24/7

Thanks for the money :) now leave.

Like I said northerners move and come here for two week "vacations" we live it 24/7

The rich off go to Orlando. The well off settle for Daytona. SC is the place where you run out of gas and find that your Piggly Wiggly green stamp book comes in handy as you try to make your way back to civilization.

The rich off go to Orlando. The well off settle for Daytona. SC is the place where you run out of gas and find that your Piggly Wiggly green stamp book comes in handy as you try to make your way back to civilization.

That would be Mississippi or Alabama, admit it you are jealous that RTW and republican polices brought North Carolina, South Carolina and Gerorgia from a back water "the movie deliverance" 1960s Mayberry into a manufacturing power house of today..

And along with a low cost of living.

You jealous.

That would be Mississippi or Alabama, admit it you are jealous that RTW and republican polices brought North Carolina, South Carolina and Gerorgia from a back water "the movie deliverance" 1960s Mayberry into a manufacturing power house of today..

You jealous.

And lower wages.

Only in Conservatopia is making less somehow better than making more.

You jealous.

And lower wages.

Only in Conservatopia is making less somehow better than making more.

Again I make between 60 and 80 grand a year , in the Chicago area I would have to make a 100. Grand a year to live the same financial way, no one is paying 100,000 year for an industrial maintenance guy except some unions and those jobs a far and few inbtween.

I hate fucking unions with a passion and will never work for them again..

Why can't you comprehend the op I don't have a clue.

So what if the blue states have higher wages the person don't have more wealth they are giving all that money away.

:rofl:

We have a joint project going on between NC and GA to saw off South Carolina and push it out to the Bermuda Triangle where it belongs. We already have the Georgia side done. Filled it up with water. They think it's the "Savannah River". :lol:

Dumb bear, here are the reasons so many companies located in SC. The state PAYS them to manufacture there. Combine that with the right to work for less and there ya go.

Tax Incentives for Automotive Companies

To promote automotive industry expansion, exports and innovation within the state, South Carolina offers low corporate taxes and generous tax credits. The result is a competitive business environment with lower operating costs for manufacturers, suppliers and other companies.

Low Corporate Taxes
In South Carolina, only local governments levy property taxes; there is no state tax on real or personal property. In addition, there is no tax–state or local–on inventories or intangibles.

• No state property tax
  • No local income tax
  • No inventory tax
  • No wholesale tax
  • One of the lowest corporate income tax rates in the Southeast
  • Low state and local sales tax rates. There is no sales tax on manufacturing equipment and materials that will become an integral part of the finished product.
Tax Credits
Jobs Tax Credit
To encourage job creation, South Carolina issues corporate income tax credits ranging from $1,500 to $8,000 for each new job created.

Corporate Headquarters Tax Credits
Companies that dedicate their corporate headquarters within South Carolina receive a 20% income tax credit. In addition, South Carolina offers an income tax credit equal to 20% of the tangible property costs of establishing headquarters operations.

Corporate Income Tax Moratorium
Qualified companies in economically distressed South Carolina counties receive a corporate income tax moratorium for up to 15 years.

Port Volume Increase Tax Credit
Manufacturers and distributors that use South Carolina port facilities and increase base port cargo volume by 5% (over base year totals) may qualify for income tax or withholding tax credits.

Investment Tax Credit
Manufacturers that relocate to or expand in South Carolina qualify for a one-time corporate income tax credit equal to up to 2.5% of their investment in new production equipment.

R&D Tax Credit
South Carolina offers companies a tax credit equal to 5% of qualified research and development expenses. Companies can use this credit to offset up to 50% of their state income tax.

Job Development Credit
Instead of reducing tax liability, the Job Development Credit provides companies with funds to offset the cost of establishing or expanding business facilities in South Carolina. Qualified, approved companies are reimbursed for eligible capital expenditures (land, building, site development, pollution control equipment or infrastructure) associated with projects that create new full-time jobs with health care benefits for South Carolina citizens. The credits are funded by state personal income tax withholdings, with no financial impact on the company’s employees.

Property Tax Abatement
By state law, manufacturers that invest $50,000 or more, and distribution or corporate headquarters facilities that invest $50,000 or more and create 75 new jobs in the first year, are entitled to a five-year property tax abatement from county operating taxes. This abatement usually represents an offset of up to 20% to 50% of the total millage, depending on the county.

A company that improves, renovates or redevelops a qualifying site may be eligible for a credit against income taxes or license taxes equal to 25% of the rehabilitation expenses, or a credit against real property taxes equal to 25% of the rehabilitation expenses multiplied by the local taxing ratio of each local taxing entity that has consented to the tax credit.

Interesting stuff. I'd like to see a more detailed map, say by county.
I know if I go from WNC to NOLA things are gonna cost more there, not less -- but of course that's also going from rural to city.

Yes of course the poverty dilemma has to be addressed by intellectuals with a strong and unforgiving hand. Spare the rod; spoil the child.

Why is this confusing? Of course things will be cheaper in poor states with lesser economies.

And those $50,000 jobs? Good luck. There's a reason why these poor states have the highest rates of food stamp and welfare participation.

That's your poor excuse? ....damn what a sheep.

The only way a dollar is ever going to be worth more in California than Mississippi is if the latter became one of the country's great economies. It's not, it's not even close.

Vote republican...

No woman in her right mind, especially one of child-bearing age, should vote Republican. The Republicans want us barefoot and back in the kitchen and pregnant. They don't care if there is no way or means to take care of an unwanted child.
Could you please explain some sort of logical reasoning or train of thought that you employed in order to come to that ridiculous conclusion?

Or are you just a fucking air-head?

A C note used to be worth good money back in the day but today is chump change thanks to Jimmy Carter and his rampant inflation.

A C note used to be worth good money back in the day but today is chump change thanks to Jimmy Carter and his rampant inflation.

Ah myopia. So convenient.

Pop quiz --- guess the year.
WIN-2.png

Dumb bear, here are the reasons so many companies located in SC. The state PAYS them to manufacture there. Combine that with the right to work for less and there ya go.

Tax Incentives for Automotive Companies

To promote automotive industry expansion, exports and innovation within the state, South Carolina offers low corporate taxes and generous tax credits. The result is a competitive business environment with lower operating costs for manufacturers, suppliers and other companies.

Low Corporate Taxes
In South Carolina, only local governments levy property taxes; there is no state tax on real or personal property. In addition, there is no tax–state or local–on inventories or intangibles.

• No state property tax
  • No local income tax
  • No inventory tax
  • No wholesale tax
  • One of the lowest corporate income tax rates in the Southeast
  • Low state and local sales tax rates. There is no sales tax on manufacturing equipment and materials that will become an integral part of the finished product.
Tax Credits
Jobs Tax Credit
To encourage job creation, South Carolina issues corporate income tax credits ranging from $1,500 to $8,000 for each new job created.

Corporate Headquarters Tax Credits
Companies that dedicate their corporate headquarters within South Carolina receive a 20% income tax credit. In addition, South Carolina offers an income tax credit equal to 20% of the tangible property costs of establishing headquarters operations.

Corporate Income Tax Moratorium
Qualified companies in economically distressed South Carolina counties receive a corporate income tax moratorium for up to 15 years.

Port Volume Increase Tax Credit
Manufacturers and distributors that use South Carolina port facilities and increase base port cargo volume by 5% (over base year totals) may qualify for income tax or withholding tax credits.

Investment Tax Credit
Manufacturers that relocate to or expand in South Carolina qualify for a one-time corporate income tax credit equal to up to 2.5% of their investment in new production equipment.

R&D Tax Credit
South Carolina offers companies a tax credit equal to 5% of qualified research and development expenses. Companies can use this credit to offset up to 50% of their state income tax.

Job Development Credit
Instead of reducing tax liability, the Job Development Credit provides companies with funds to offset the cost of establishing or expanding business facilities in South Carolina. Qualified, approved companies are reimbursed for eligible capital expenditures (land, building, site development, pollution control equipment or infrastructure) associated with projects that create new full-time jobs with health care benefits for South Carolina citizens. The credits are funded by state personal income tax withholdings, with no financial impact on the company’s employees.

Property Tax Abatement
By state law, manufacturers that invest $50,000 or more, and distribution or corporate headquarters facilities that invest $50,000 or more and create 75 new jobs in the first year, are entitled to a five-year property tax abatement from county operating taxes. This abatement usually represents an offset of up to 20% to 50% of the total millage, depending on the county.

A company that improves, renovates or redevelops a qualifying site may be eligible for a credit against income taxes or license taxes equal to 25% of the rehabilitation expenses, or a credit against real property taxes equal to 25% of the rehabilitation expenses multiplied by the local taxing ratio of each local taxing entity that has consented to the tax credit.

Yet you fucking moron my taxes and cost of living is the lowest in the country

So now they pay them?

You really don't fucking no a tax credit from giving someone money do you?

Forum List

Back