This map shows what $100 dollars is really worth in your state

South Carolina is one of the original colonies. It sucked back then and it sucks now that's why no one wants to live there . It's only good for stopping hurricanes from hitting the Northeast.

I'm laughing so hard, Mr. Timmy. Indeed, I would not argue with you. They are peddlin' backwards there in South Carolina. The people there think they are an inch and worm away from Sharia Law.

Why is this confusing? Of course things will be cheaper in poor states with lesser economies.

And those $50,000 jobs? Good luck. There's a reason why these poor states have the highest rates of food stamp and welfare participation.

Quit the bullshit no 50 grand a year jobs

I make over 50 grand...

A quick look at indeed

Injection Mold-Process Engineer
Bock & Associates - Greer, SC
$80,000 a year

Injection Mold-Process Engineer - Greer, SC - Indeed Mobile

At least $75k of that is compensation for having to live in South Carolina :eek:

That's one correlation the map shows -- the less desirable a state is, the more a dollar buys, and vice versa. It's a trade off.

Sun, oceans lakes and mountains...

And all the retired Northerners moving here with their pensions that the poor ass democrats in the north stuck paying for

Suckers...

Lmao.

Hmmmm.....goodness me, it's worth it just to keep the tiny minds and their fear of public restrooms away from real civilization and culture.

This map shows what $100 is really worth in your state
Business Insider
Elena Holodny 22 hours ago

Your dollars go further in some states than others.

The Tax Foundation released a mapshowing the relative value of $100 in every state compared with the national average using the data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In expensive states like New York, you can afford comparatively less than average; in less expensive states like Mississippi, you can buy relatively more.

"Regional price differences are strikingly large; real purchasing power is 36 percent greater in Mississippi than it is in the District of Columbia," the Tax Foundation wrote.

"In other words, by this measure, if you have $50,000 in after-tax income in Mississippi, you would have to have after-tax earnings of $68,000 in the District of Columbia .

Here's the map:

(Tax Foundation)

The states with the largest relative value of $100 were:

• Mississippi ($115.34)
  • Arkansas ($114.29)
  • Alabama ($113.90)
  • South Dakota ($113.64)
  • West Virginia ($112.49)
The states with the smallest relative value of $100 were:

• District of Columbia ($84.67)
  • Hawaii ($85.62)
  • New York ($86.43)
  • New Jersey ($87.34)
  • California ($88.97)

Mississippi also ranks lowest in median household income.

New york state and Mississippi state equal out when it comes to median income NY around 58 grand a year, Mississippi around 36 grand a year. Acorrding to the OP and like a another poster said it don't take housing into consideration..

$36,919

According to U.S. Census Bureau figures released Thursday, Mississippi had a poverty rate of 22.6% in 2011, while its median household income came in at$36,919. Both were roughly the same as the year before.Sep 20, 2012
Mississippi is state with highest poverty and lowest income - Sep ...
CNN.com › money › news › economy

According to the Census ACS 1-year survey, the median household income for New York was $58,878 in 2014, the latest figures available. Compared to the median US household income, New York median household income is $5,221higher.
New York State Household Income | Department of Numbers
www.deptofnumbers.com › income › ne...

And?

That also means that Mississippians, on average, must receive more in federal anti-poverty money than New Yorkers.

And, btw, Mississippi is considered the most conservative state in the US.

Seriously, are you trying to tell me these dumb ass morons add welfare to the median average?

God I hate liberal's, them and their thinking unemployment and welfare checks spur and is good for the economy.

Do they? Since I didn't say anything of the sort, why accuse me of it?

Because Mr. Bear has relented his otherwise rational mind to right wing spin, which interferes with reading comprehension.

But it takes you that much longer to make that $100 in the "lesser: states.

South Carolina is one of the original colonies. It sucked back then and it sucks now that's why no one wants to live there . It's only good for stopping hurricanes from hitting the Northeast.

I'm laughing so hard, Mr. Timmy. Indeed, I would not argue with you. They are peddlin' backwards there in South Carolina. The people there think they are an inch and worm away from Sharia Law.

Ignorance is bliss.....

10 fastest growing U.S. cities - Greenville, S.C. (9) - CNNMoney

Once known for textile manufacturing, Greenville has become an international powerhouse, hosting companies from all parts of the globe.

The city, along with Spartanburg, Anderson and other nearby towns known as "The Upstate," boast more than 250 international firms, including BMW (Germany), Michelin (France), GlaxoSmithKline (United Kingdom) and Kyocera (Japan).

"That's the highest international investment per capita in the nation," said Nancy Whitworth, Greenville's Director of Economic Development.

Why is this confusing? Of course things will be cheaper in poor states with lesser economies.

And those $50,000 jobs? Good luck. There's a reason why these poor states have the highest rates of food stamp and welfare participation.

Quit the bullshit no 50 grand a year jobs

I make over 50 grand...

A quick look at indeed

Injection Mold-Process Engineer
Bock & Associates - Greer, SC
$80,000 a year

Injection Mold-Process Engineer - Greer, SC - Indeed Mobile

At least $75k of that is compensation for having to live in South Carolina :eek:

That's one correlation the map shows -- the less desirable a state is, the more a dollar buys, and vice versa. It's a trade off.

Sun, oceans lakes and mountains...

And all the retired Northerners moving here with their pensions that the poor ass democrats in the north stuck paying for

Suckers...

Lmao.

Hmmmm.....goodness me, it's worth it just to keep the tiny minds and their fear of public restrooms away from real civilization and culture.

I bet you $5 you never left the hood right...

Down town Greenville...
  1. liberty_bridge_-_greenville-_sc_-_001-jpg.69820
    300px-fallsparkonthereedy-jpg.69821

Detroit

upload_2016-1-28_21-38-15-jpeg.61490

This map shows what $100 is really worth in your state
Business Insider
Elena Holodny 22 hours ago

Your dollars go further in some states than others.

The Tax Foundation released a mapshowing the relative value of $100 in every state compared with the national average using the data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

In expensive states like New York, you can afford comparatively less than average; in less expensive states like Mississippi, you can buy relatively more.

"Regional price differences are strikingly large; real purchasing power is 36 percent greater in Mississippi than it is in the District of Columbia," the Tax Foundation wrote.

"In other words, by this measure, if you have $50,000 in after-tax income in Mississippi, you would have to have after-tax earnings of $68,000 in the District of Columbia .

Here's the map:

(Tax Foundation)

The states with the largest relative value of $100 were:

• Mississippi ($115.34)
  • Arkansas ($114.29)
  • Alabama ($113.90)
  • South Dakota ($113.64)
  • West Virginia ($112.49)
The states with the smallest relative value of $100 were:

• District of Columbia ($84.67)
  • Hawaii ($85.62)
  • New York ($86.43)
  • New Jersey ($87.34)
  • California ($88.97)
Looks like Democrats love driving prices up.

That's your poor excuse? ....damn what a sheep.
I'd say it's pretty good. Don't you know how the free market works? Things are cheaper in places where people have less money. Things are more expensive in places where people have more money. It's not a very difficult concept.
I know how free market works.

Never see it in Leftard California, highest cost of living State in the Union.

Mississippi also ranks lowest in median household income.

New york state and Mississippi state equal out when it comes to median income NY around 58 grand a year, Mississippi around 36 grand a year. Acorrding to the OP and like a another poster said it don't take housing into consideration..

$36,919

According to U.S. Census Bureau figures released Thursday, Mississippi had a poverty rate of 22.6% in 2011, while its median household income came in at$36,919. Both were roughly the same as the year before.Sep 20, 2012
Mississippi is state with highest poverty and lowest income - Sep ...
CNN.com › money › news › economy

According to the Census ACS 1-year survey, the median household income for New York was $58,878 in 2014, the latest figures available. Compared to the median US household income, New York median household income is $5,221higher.
New York State Household Income | Department of Numbers
www.deptofnumbers.com › income › ne...

And?

That also means that Mississippians, on average, must receive more in federal anti-poverty money than New Yorkers.

And, btw, Mississippi is considered the most conservative state in the US.

Seriously, are you trying to tell me these dumb ass morons add welfare to the median average?

God I hate liberal's, them and their thinking unemployment and welfare checks spur and is good for the economy.

Do they? Since I didn't say anything of the sort, why accuse me of it?

Because Mr. Bear has relented his otherwise rational mind to right wing spin, which interferes with reading comprehension.

What right wing spin?

I just want to fucking know if they now include unemployment and welfare into the median wage of a state?

Its an honest question since Nancy the "insider trader" Pelosi said unemployment payments were good for the economy.

Ignorance is bliss.....

Once known for textile manufacturing, Greenville has become an international powerhouse, hosting companies from all parts of the globe.

The city, along with Spartanburg, Anderson and other nearby towns known as "The Upstate," boast more than 250 international firms, including BMW (Germany), Michelin (France), GlaxoSmithKline (United Kingdom) and Kyocera (Japan).

"That's the highest international investment per capita in the nation," said Nancy Whitworth, Greenville's Director of Economic Development.

Greenville ... where have I heard that name...

Oh yes. Bob Jones "University".
Kinda hard to live that down.

You usually get what you pay for, but,,,low taxes doesn't guarantee a great quality of life.
I live in a state with relatively high taxes but at the same time it is consistently ranks in the very upper tier (1-3) in regards to quality of life, place to raise children (1) and its tops in quality of healthcare and the lowest in the cost of healthcare per-capita. The state is clean, low crime, excellent education system;etc.
There are times that getting a bang for your buck is a win in life.

quality of life,

Is a useless poll and subjective to the person, hey if you love driving an hour to work that's only 2 miles away that's up to you, if you love shoveling snow that's up to you.

That's your opinion.
Minnesota ranks 13th in being business friendly even thought our taxes are high. Businesses surveyed pinpointed the high quality of life which attracts high quality employees from around the country despite Minnesota's weather. They want to live here.
Chew on that Mr Know-it-all.

Ignorance is bliss.....

Population , 58,000! Wow , a real metropolis !

All the other original colonies have big cities . Even the little states like Rhode Island . What's the biggest city in big state SC ? Even with that coastline And weather , no one wants to be there .

Ignorance is bliss.....

All the other original colonies have big cities . Even the little states like Rhode Island . What's the biggest city in big state SC ? Even with that coastline And weather , no one wants to be there .

You are a special kind of stupid are you? You would rather live in a state knowing full well my $100 bucks buys more and goes farther then yours?

When you live paycheck to paycheck I live like a king. Jealous much? Or just plain stupid?

Ignorance is bliss.....

You are a special kind of stupid are you? You would rather live in a state knowing full well my $100 bucks buys more and goes farther then yours?

When you live paycheck to paycheck I live like a king. Jealous much? Or just plain stupid?

Cept your paycheck is much less . So it's all a wash when you think about it .

But hey, I live in a pricey state , that's true . We also have good schools, safe and clean environment , good healthcare, infrastructure , and all the other good shit living in a first world state .

You usually get what you pay for, but,,,low taxes doesn't guarantee a great quality of life.
I live in a state with relatively high taxes but at the same time it is consistently ranks in the very upper tier (1-3) in regards to quality of life, place to raise children (1) and its tops in quality of healthcare and the lowest in the cost of healthcare per-capita. The state is clean, low crime, excellent education system;etc.

quality of life,

Is a useless poll and subjective to the person, hey if you love driving an hour to work that's only 2 miles away that's up to you, if you love shoveling snow that's up to you.

That's your opinion.
Minnesota ranks 13th in being business friendly even thought our taxes are high. Businesses surveyed pinpointed the high quality of life which attracts high quality employees from around the country despite Minnesota's weather. They want to live here.

Ya know what the funny thing is you guys come to redstates for 2 week vacations..

Jesus I have have been living your 2 week "vacation " 24/7 for 13 years now..

Ignorance is bliss.....

Cept your paycheck is much less . So it's all a wash when you think about it .

But hey, I live in a pricey state , that's true . We also have good schools, safe and clean environment , good healthcare, infrastructure , and all the other good shit living in a first world state .

How the hell is my pay check less? I would have to be making over a 100 grand a year in Chicago doing what I am doing now as an industrial maintenance guy, who don't do shit at work except play on the cell phone the past 4 months.

I don't see any industrial maintenance non union jobs paying over $28 bucks an hour with OT on indeed or career builder up in Chicago.

quality of life,

That's your opinion.

Ya know what the funny thing is you guys come to redstates for 2 week vacations..

No, I leave the country and go to New Zealand or Cozumel.
Oh, look here:
The 10 States With the Worst Quality of Life
7. South Carolina
> Employment rate: 62.5% (4th lowest)
> Household disposable income per capita: $25,055 (6th lowest)
> Homicide rate: 6.5 per 100,000 (6th highest)
> Voter turnout: 64.7% (18th highest)

South Carolina residents earned considerably less than other Americans. Households had $25,055 in disposable income per capita last year, among the lowest income levels nationwide. It also tends to be more difficult to find a job in the state than elsewhere in the nation, as South Carolina was one of only a few states with an unemployment rate greater than 9% last year. And like all of the states with the worst quality of life, South Carolina residents were far more likely to live in poverty than most Americans. While 15.8% of Americans lived in poverty in 2013, 18.6% did so in South Carolina, more than in all but a handful of other states.

quality of life,

That's your opinion.

Oh, look here:
7. South Carolina

South Carolina residents earned considerably less than other Americans. Households had $25,055 in disposable income per capita last year, among the lowest income levels nationwide. It also tends to be more difficult to find a job in the state than elsewhere in the nation, as South Carolina was one of only a few states with an unemployment rate greater than 9% last year. And like all of the states with the worst quality of life, South Carolina residents were far more likely to live in poverty than most Americans. While 15.8% of Americans lived in poverty in 2013, 18.6% did so in South Carolina, more than in all but a handful of other states.

So now you are using a liberal blog? That thinks April 15th is the 4th of July?

quality of life,

That's your opinion.

Oh, look here:
7. South Carolina

Also again stupid fuck look at my op...

Forum List

Back