🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This one is for the gun grabbers. Explain this.

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

Ever been to Wyoming? Ever driven across the state? I've been all over that state because I loved riding all through it on a motorcycle when I was younger. And, I can tell you that there are places there where you can drive for up to an hour before you see another person, car, or house. It is VERY sparsely populated out there.

Less people equals less crime.
/—/ so what happens if you break down or run out of gas?

If you are from the area, you know how far it is between towns and plan accordingly. My Grandparents would never let the gas gauge get below 1/2 tank, unless they absolutely had to.

However.....................if you aren't from the area and end up stranded, well......most people in that area are pretty decent and are willing to take you to a gas station or possibly give you some gas if they have a fuel can with them.

If you break down? Same deal. People in that area of the country are still willing to stop and help out.

Shoot..............sometimes they still pick up hitchikers. I know I've done that a time or two when necessary. One time, I had received a call that my Grandmother was getting ready to pass on, and I got within 5 miles of the hospital when the car crapped the bed and quit. l locked the car, got out and started hitchhiking and was picked up within 5 min and taken to the hospital.

I kinda miss living in Montana and Wyoming on occasion...................

They don't like liberals there. You would get lonesome.

Wyoming has more guns per capita than any other state. They have open carry, and you do not need a permit to carry concealed. Yet the crime rate is 40 percent less than the national average, with some cities well below that. Some of them are among the safest places to live in America. So, if guns are the problem, as you believe, why aren't people being gunned down in the streets?

Because people live miles apart from each other . This is so stupid .

Compare apples to apples . Oh you won't , cause it exposes the myth of "more guns more safety "
Once again, you are stating that the guns are not responsible. According to you, it's over crowding. Thanks for proving my point.

Guns are only a factor in gun crimes. I don't know anyone who believes that guns cause crime.

Demographics.

I agree with that... I think community programs, better education and improved financial opportunity is the key. I also think legalizing drugs will do a big part in defunding the gangs and opening up legitimate financial opportunities.

Don't you believe that.

Years ago they sold us on having a lottery. Supposedly, it was to eliminate illegal gambling. The mob just started to use the states lottery numbers to run their games. Of course, their payout is higher.

In the few states that have legalized pot, it didn't stop illegal pot sales one bit. They just reduced their prices to stay in business.

Legalizing all narcotics would only make the problems worse, and no, it would not stop gang violence.

So what if the black thugs are poor. It's no excuse. There are many poor people, Most of them are white, but blacks are the poor people committing all the violent crime.
I'm not going to get into an ugly race conversation with you. I don't have the energy for it today. It is pointless and divisive and only pours fuel on the fire. Just ask yourself where you think it is going to lead if you only point your finger at an entire race to place blame... Are you expecting all the blacks to say, wow, your are right, we suck and we are responsible, we will just go back to Africa now... I honestly can't comprehend where your head is at when you spew this garbage.
I'm simply stating the facts. It's not racist. It's statistics. Blacks are responsible for most violent crime. More precisely, it's a small percentage of blacks. Can you deny this?
No I don't deny it. I also don't think it is a useful thing to focus on. The root cause is poverty and gang culture. Placing blame on the "blacks" is only going to fuel devision. Can you deny that?
And yet poor white people are only responsible for 5 percent of crime. Probably less.

Liar !

Seriously , you righties are so disingenuous. Wyo has 5 people per square mile . No one lives there!
Another one who agrees it's not the guns fault. Thanks for playing.

Compare apples to apples . Oh you won't , cause it exposes the myth of "more guns more safety "
Once again, you are stating that the guns are not responsible. According to you, it's over crowding. Thanks for proving my point.

Guns are only a factor in gun crimes. I don't know anyone who believes that guns cause crime.

Actually they do cause "gun crime " because you can't have gun crime without .....guns ! It's kind of the definition .

How often do criminals obey laws?
Depends on the risk/reward, but definitely not as often as most. why?
Just don't see how laws stop people who ignore them.

Not saying don't look for answers but if more laws equates to less crime, I could never explain Chicago or LA gang violence.
Well laws do work to some degree to help crime. We aren't living in the wild west anymore nor are we living in Central Africa or areas in the middle east that are basically run by gangs, thugs and violent corruption. So with that said we know that the rule of law is conducive to a civilized and safe society. There is no universal system that will work everywhere so the needs of each city and society need to be analyzed so the best laws, and enforcement policies are put in place.

There will never be a solution that gets rid of all violence or all gun violence or all mass shootings, but there are things that can be done to limit the consistency and the damage that is done. We need to be able to have a conversation about the realistic middle ground and not about the extreme absolutes.
Agreed. Like I said all for searching for a solution, just more laws to me isn't it.
I agree with that... I think community programs, better education and improved financial opportunity is the key. I also think legalizing drugs will do a big part in defunding the gangs and opening up legitimate financial opportunities.

Better education? Most of the inner city thugs only go to school to deal or buy drugs, or they don't go at all.

You can't teach someone if they are not there!

Part of the reason that there is so much violence and crime in the big cities is because the people are closely pressed together and don't have time to decompress from constant contact.

If you put a bunch of rats together in an area where they each have enough room, they are peaceful and will coexist.

If you place a whole bunch of rats together in an area where they are crawling all over each other, they will end up fighting and killing each other until there is enough room to comfortably accommodate the survivors.

In that case, why don't the Japanese, Chinese and Indians kill each other? They are stacked like cord wood.

They don't have millions of guns lying around .

/ end thread.
More people are killed by blunt objects than assault weapons.

I'm not going to get into an ugly race conversation with you. I don't have the energy for it today. It is pointless and divisive and only pours fuel on the fire. Just ask yourself where you think it is going to lead if you only point your finger at an entire race to place blame... Are you expecting all the blacks to say, wow, your are right, we suck and we are responsible, we will just go back to Africa now... I honestly can't comprehend where your head is at when you spew this garbage.
I'm simply stating the facts. It's not racist. It's statistics. Blacks are responsible for most violent crime. More precisely, it's a small percentage of blacks. Can you deny this?
No I don't deny it. I also don't think it is a useful thing to focus on. The root cause is poverty and gang culture. Placing blame on the "blacks" is only going to fuel devision. Can you deny that?
And yet poor white people are only responsible for 5 percent of crime. Probably less.

Liar !

Seriously , you righties are so disingenuous. Wyo has 5 people per square mile . No one lives there!

Right . It's the easy access that's the problem. Gun control states still have guns . There's just better vetting that keeps them out of bad guys hands .

Part of the reason that there is so much violence and crime in the big cities is because the people are closely pressed together and don't have time to decompress from constant contact.

If you put a bunch of rats together in an area where they each have enough room, they are peaceful and will coexist.

If you place a whole bunch of rats together in an area where they are crawling all over each other, they will end up fighting and killing each other until there is enough room to comfortably accommodate the survivors.

In that case, why don't the Japanese, Chinese and Indians kill each other? They are stacked like cord wood.

/ end thread.

It's a lot harder to kill someone with a blunt object .

Liar !

Right . It's the easy access that's the problem. Gun control states still have guns . There's just better vetting that keeps them out of bad guys hands .

Is that so? And what states would you be talking about here?

Depends on the risk/reward, but definitely not as often as most. why?
Just don't see how laws stop people who ignore them.

Not saying don't look for answers but if more laws equates to less crime, I could never explain Chicago or LA gang violence.
Well laws do work to some degree to help crime. We aren't living in the wild west anymore nor are we living in Central Africa or areas in the middle east that are basically run by gangs, thugs and violent corruption. So with that said we know that the rule of law is conducive to a civilized and safe society. There is no universal system that will work everywhere so the needs of each city and society need to be analyzed so the best laws, and enforcement policies are put in place.

There will never be a solution that gets rid of all violence or all gun violence or all mass shootings, but there are things that can be done to limit the consistency and the damage that is done. We need to be able to have a conversation about the realistic middle ground and not about the extreme absolutes.
Agreed. Like I said all for searching for a solution, just more laws to me isn't it.

Better education? Most of the inner city thugs only go to school to deal or buy drugs, or they don't go at all.

You can't teach someone if they are not there!

And better education comes from home--not the schools. If the parent is not going to get involved or care, there isn't a school in the country that will be able to teach that kid anything.

/ end thread.

Great.
One guy cannot use a blunt object to kill nearly sixty people and injure another five hundred.

/ end thread.

Great.
One guy cannot use a blunt object to kill nearly sixty people and injure another five hundred.
/—-/ Sure he can. He can highjack a plane and fly it into a blunt building. Happened on 9/11

Actually they do cause "gun crime " because you can't have gun crime without .....guns ! It's kind of the definition .

They could certainly make the decision to commit a crime much easier.

Don't you believe that.

Years ago they sold us on having a lottery. Supposedly, it was to eliminate illegal gambling. The mob just started to use the states lottery numbers to run their games. Of course, their payout is higher.

In the few states that have legalized pot, it didn't stop illegal pot sales one bit. They just reduced their prices to stay in business.

Legalizing all narcotics would only make the problems worse, and no, it would not stop gang violence.
Nothing will stop gang violence and you obviously don’t know what your talking about when it comes to poor sales. Legalization absolutely reduced the funds going through the illegal market. I’ve seen it first hand plus it’s simple supply and demand economics

/ end thread.

Great.
/—-/ Sure he can. He can highjack a plane and fly it into a blunt building. Happened on 9/11

Planes aren't designed to kill people .

Swords are ! How come you don't have all these sword killings ?

/ end thread.

Great.

Except we aren't talking about planes. That's not quite within the scope of crimes.

Liar !

Is that so? And what states would you be talking about here?
I believe the toughest gun laws are in. Mass , NY,Cali, conn , Hawaii .

Forum List

Back