This research should win an award: "Why men love big booties?"

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
Blame biology for men s love of booties UT study says - Houston Chronicle

Over time, ancestral women evolved "wedging" in the third-to-last lumbar vertebra to help shift their center of mass over their hips, the researchers said.

And men who preferred and selected these women as mates would have reaped several important benefits, "including having a mate who was less vulnerable to spinal injuries, better at foraging during pregnancy and better able to sustain multiple pregnancies without debilitating injury," the researchers said.

This conclusion led to their research hypothesis that
men evolved sensitivity to cues to lumbar wedging
as part of regulating mating attraction.

^ What a FANCY way for scientists to say that "men like looking at women's asses." ^
Like, Duh!

There was also an expensive long-term study on stress levels
which conclusively found that higher stress resulted in headaches. Wow.

I saw that on the news, and just about hurt myself laughing.
[My bf joked that next, science will now prove that water is wet!]

I can't find that headache-stress study, but I found this one similar:
Stress makes headaches last longer study finds - latimes

Please feel free to post any other favorites studies here.
Does anyone know the reference to the headache-stress study?

Blame biology for men s love of booties UT study says - Houston Chronicle

Over time, ancestral women evolved "wedging" in the third-to-last lumbar vertebra to help shift their center of mass over their hips, the researchers said.

And men who preferred and selected these women as mates would have reaped several important benefits, "including having a mate who was less vulnerable to spinal injuries, better at foraging during pregnancy and better able to sustain multiple pregnancies without debilitating injury," the researchers said.

This conclusion led to their research hypothesis that
men evolved sensitivity to cues to lumbar wedging
as part of regulating mating attraction.

^ What a FANCY way for scientists to say that "men like looking at women's asses." ^
Like, Duh!

While I understand why guys like butts, women's or men's, I'm baffled why girls like a guy's butt. For me and my gender it's because we wanna...You know. But what joy can a girl have with a guy's tushy? Especially given how anti-tushy play most guys are? :)

Forum List

Back