🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This supply chain shit SUCKS

Winston 20220117_135721.jpg

With that written Biden and Democrats made it clear they could do better at handling the issues and have failed …
The sheer volume of errors and bad judgment they've been guilty of isn't possible to be done randomly. There is a method to their madness. I tend to be pessimistic, I admit it, but watching this slow-motion train wreck leaves me with no other option. I expect the tempo of this chaos to increase after the midterms. They know they only have a very limited amount of time left.

The time it is taking to get the stuff we need.

Warehouses that ship to Lowe’s are back ordered, so the Pandemic has made it impossible to do things …

With that written Biden and Democrats made it clear they could do better at handling the issues and have failed …
Last I heard, the backlog at the ports was not the problem it used to be. I live near I-40 the largest rolling warehouse in the country. There are trucks galore. Try not to get run over by one.
Some of it is the pandemic, some logistic, some profit taking on lower carrying charges on inventory, justifying inflation. The basic idea of business is not and never has been to sell more for less, as it increases all costs. The goal is to maintain or improve GPM targets wherever possible.

Prove it!
My zip code is 28658, prove it to yourself. Sure, Lowe's headquarters is a half hour away. Target, Crate and Barrel, and Room and Board all have regional distribution centers just five miles from my house. Location, location, location--this area is a well known regional distribution hub as well as a world leader in server farms.

My zip code is 28658, prove it to yourself. Sure, Lowe's headquarters is a half hour away. Target, Crate and Barrel, and Room and Board all have regional distribution centers just five miles from my house. Location, location, location--this area is a well known regional distribution hub as well as a world leader in server farms.
Then I was correct. You live near distribution centers which makes your experience atypical

Nebraska Furniture Mart is a MASSIVE store that has always prided it self on same day pick up. Even they have diddly squat. I'm looking for 36x34x70 side by side with icemaker in door instead of in freezer eating up shelf space.
Even the cheap junk fridges are unavailable
Warren Buffet is a majority owner in Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Been shopping online for the last 2 hours looking for a new refrigerator. Best Buy, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc

Almost EVERY SINGLE FRIDGE is either out of stock, back ordered or unavailable. Most of them state that availability will be the end of Feb or mid March. WTF!

I will be so glad when this nonsense comes to an end.
Went to Panera for a pizza, they could not serve me, they were out of cheese. Tough to find Cream of Mushroom, Homestyle Noodle Soup and Tomato soup, not sure why that is. We have been looking for a motorhome and to special order one, it is six months to a year out.

The time it is taking to get the stuff we need.

Warehouses that ship to Lowe’s are back ordered, so the Pandemic has made it impossible to do things …

I am not sure you will ever see the large selection being maintained in stock again on durable goods. It is hard to buy low and sell high if everybody has it.

Nebraska Furniture Mart is a MASSIVE store that has always prided it self on same day pick up. Even they have diddly squat. I'm looking for 36x34x70 side by side with icemaker in door instead of in freezer eating up shelf space.
Even the cheap junk fridges are unavailable
Did your go out, or are you just wanting to upgrade? If you want it on the quick, you are probably screwed.

Been shopping online for the last 2 hours looking for a new refrigerator. Best Buy, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc

Almost EVERY SINGLE FRIDGE is either out of stock, back ordered or unavailable. Most of them state that availability will be the end of Feb or mid March. WTF!

I will be so glad when this nonsense comes to an end.

This is happening across the board, and in all American industries. Back in the summer, when my small fishing guide business was still in operation, I experienced much difficulty in restocking supplies of specific but common enough fishing lures, rods, reels and fishing line. While there were some of a few kinds of all fishing gear in stock, both locally and for online order, the gear I needed most was out of stock, no backorder.

Also, during the last summer, when business slowed, I took a part time job as a second shift manager of a saw manufacturing company who depended on two products to continue business: steel to build saw blades and wood to build the shipping crates to get the saw blades to customers. The suppliers kept running out of both materials.

All of that being said, from what we've experienced at least, the shortages seem to be regional, at least up to the moment. All local grocery stores here in our part of Pennsylvania have recently been out of ground beef and chicken breast. Further, the price of beef in general has skyrocketed. Frozen goods, such as prepared meals, French fries, pizzas and the like are always picked over. There's also a shortage of nuts of all kinds, cashews in particular.

My suspicion remains that major retailers have had to dip into their reserves of just about everything. What happens when those product reserves are spent? I suppose we'll find out. I also believe these shortages are both engineered and intentional. America has always been and remains a land of plenty. Radical leftists wish to force Americans to believe otherwise, to lower their expectations and make do with less. This is a purely political situation, nothing about which is random or accidental. Radical leftists will blame this collapse of civilization on COVID and global warming and expect all Americans to swallow this explanation. If Americans continue to sit there and take it, then nothing will change and this is but the tip of the iceberg of the hell to come.

Did your go out, or are you just wanting to upgrade? If you want it on the quick, you are probably screwed.
Ice maker bit the dust and the fridge is old anyways.
There are a couple I can get in a few days but not the ones I want.
Still digging around on Appliances Direct right now

Ice maker bit the dust and the fridge is old anyways.
There are a couple I can get in a few days but not the ones I want.
Still digging around on Appliances Direct right now
Buy some ice trays and wait for your new fridge to arrive.

I am not sure you will ever see the large selection being maintained in stock again on durable goods. It is hard to buy low and sell high if everybody has it.
Here is the problem I believe many are failing to see is not that we have to wait but the length of time because of the fact Ports are unable to bring the goods in, trucking is not moving like it did and countries like Mexico at times have to shut down because of Covid.

So it is not the fact we can’t get it in a day but it will take months is the issue…

Forum List

Back