This Virus Is Making Me Look Good

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Lots of people in my family call me a "prepper". Its a running joke in my family that if something every happens everyone is coming over my house. Now due to this virus I am getting some serious questions about what precautions I have for this situation. Anyone else prepared to spend a month or two isolated in their homes?

I have to say I'm seriously offended by this thread. My mother died of coronavirus just this week, and I find nothing about your thread funny. I hope you apologize.

First I've heard of a virus breaking mirrors.

Those men and women who are preppers may not survive a total apocalypse, but up to a few months is what all they may need.

I have to say I'm seriously offended by this thread. My mother died of coronavirus just this week, and I find nothing about your thread funny. I hope you apologize.
Sorry to hear that. No offense meant and I certainly wasnt trying to be funny. Just asking what measures people are taking.

Those men and women who are preppers may not survive a total apocalypse, but up to a few months is what all they may need.
Thats the goal. In the event of something that is not a total apocalypse my preparation will allow me time to think and execute my next move. I was pretty disappointed to find out that my masks wont really stop me from catching the virus but at least they are good at preventing me from giving it to someone else.

Sorry to hear that. No offense meant and I certainly wasnt trying to be funny. Just asking what measures people are taking.

I'm just pointing out that coronavirus is a serious thing. If my mother fell to it so can anybody's. We should take this seriously.

Lots of people in my family call me a "prepper". Its a running joke in my family that if something every happens everyone is coming over my house. Now due to this virus I am getting some serious questions about what precautions I have for this situation. Anyone else prepared to spend a month or two isolated in their homes?

Try a year.

Your mother just died and you have nothing better to do than sitting around reading social media being offended because people are now starting to take all the prepper talk dissed for years seriously?

Sounds about right.

I'm just pointing out that coronavirus is a serious thing. If my mother fell to it so can anybody's. We should take this seriously.

I thought that was why we are having threads on it. But whether you take it seriously or not won't stop you from getting it.

Not doing anything I don't usually do. Got food, got deer rabbits and squirrels, fish in my pond. Brittish Berkley water purfier if necessary. I distill all our water anyway. Nitriteam counter top pro, make about a gallon a day suffices.

Prep is good though. Some are good a day or two, not enough. People in cities? Gonna die... I see so many live day to day. Poor fukers. I'll help them to an extent but what extent not sure.

Your mother just died and you have nothing better to do than sitting around reading social media being offended because people are now starting to take all the prepper talk dissed for years seriously?

Sounds about right.
There are worse things that could be done instead. I have a cousin who considered suicide after his mother went forward.

God bless you and him and aaronleland always!!!

Holly

P.S. For anyone who has ever thought about following after someone who is no longer here, try to keep this in mind: One dead person can not preserve the beautiful and precious memory of another dead person.

I can be comfortable right here for a long time. For the past few years I almost have to force my monthly trip to town to get my mail. I usually get other stuff too. Eventually I will run out of alcohol and things like flour and sugar, baking powder ect. But I am good right here for over a year if I couldn't leave as of this minute. I also am in a very remote area I like to say I am 'inconviently located halfway down the road to nowhere. I have control of over 1200 acres, own two miles of road which I have gated and locked in two places that leads to the 15 fenced acres I farm and live on.
I will be.comfortable while the city folks suffer and kill each other.

Forum List

Back